Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quality win to Winterbottom there - very pleased he held out Whincup; what a tussle they had in the last few laps, especially Whincup's bold move at Forrest's Elbow on the last lap. Can't believe the Ford factory team hadn't won since 1977. And well done to Lowndesy getting on the podium after all seemed lost when Tander got past him earlier!

Start and middle of the race were pretty dull but those last twenty or so laps were quality.

The last 20 laps were fucking quality. So exciting. The Bright/Tander/Lowndes battle I hate Ford, but if any of them had to win it I was glad it was Winterbottom. He's had rotten luck at the Mountain over the years. I've never liked Whincup much, so even though I'm a big Holden man I wasn't shattered Winterbottom beat him.

Holy fucking shit, I was just reading about that. That's horrible.

Christ, it's been slow here, apologies I haven't been around in pretty much any form. Only a few more weeks, though. Hope all you old sports are well.

Also Cobbs I just saw your Beyonce post on FB and it was a beautiful thang.

Thangs are super peachy.

OK, not really

Kinda.

Well

waiting to hear back from a really important interview. Like...changing the course of my life important. Because, if I get this job, It'll be the start of my career in the field I've been working towards my whole collegiate life.

If I don't get it...I'm going to apply to teach English in Japan. But, if I do get that job, I won't be able to start until at least April, so the question becomes, what do I do between January and April.

Super best of luck with that, for real. What kind of job is it, if you don't mind the ask?

If it backfires, you could open a car disco, or do the thing Vlad said.

That sounds awesome, have you had much experience in that field already?

Deeply frightened of the fact that I'm gonna have to be plunged back into the real world looking for an actual job in a few weeks. I'm gonna have to start selling some drawings, I think.

Yes and no. I have experience in live television, just not news.

You looking for a job yet? You should always start looking a little bit before you graduate.

So Lightning Bolt just pretty much ripped Melbourne a new arsehole, Sleep could have kept riffing away all night, and I just saw Television play Marquee Moon in full.

For all the organisational problems ATP's Release the Bats event faced, the actual day was pretty damn good indeed.

Yes and no. I have experience in live television, just not news.

You looking for a job yet? You should always start looking a little bit before you graduate.

Hope it all flies well for you. When do you find out if you've got it?

Yeah, I'm a little worried about my resume though - I'm so badly out of experience, and there's no job or form of work I can float back into. Fuck it.

Am I the only person who finds Marcia Wallace's death more personally significant than Lou Reed's?

you'll appreciate these then

BXkB5PZCUAA30gb.jpg:large

XtdxUk8.png

I got a reply letter to my objection saying it was most definitely going ahead, but at a reduced height. Fucking assholes. Hope there's more we can do still.

Prince is a fucking hole. It's a pain in the arse to get to and park at, the bouncers are cunts, there's no ATM. It's a fucking nightclub, but it doubles as a gig venue. It's only suited to DJs, not bands.

Bahaha, nice one. Has your Twitter exploded?

you'll appreciate these then

:(

I got a reply letter to my objection saying it was most definitely going ahead, but at a reduced height. Fucking assholes. Hope there's more we can do still.

At the (rather poorly-attended) rally, there was an air that nothing was set in concrete yet, and there was still a chance to save it. Apparently the next step would be to (somehow) delay things until the middle of next year, when there will be a review of all the heritage sites in either Melbourne or Victoria, and we can hope that some stronger protection for the Palace's interior and exterior will come out of that.

Someone did mention that the developers had responded to the planning minister's rejection of the initial plan by reducing the height by some meaningless amount.

As a long-time slacktivist, it was interesting to actually attend the rally and send my letter in (I haven't had a reply yet), and see what the speakers said. Part of me thinks there's no hope and that lovely venue is doomed, but another bit still wants to believe something can be done and greed doesn't always win. Adam Bandt emphasised that more people had to turn up to the next rally, and all the ones after that, if any impression was to be made on the decision-makers... I don't know whether he was referring to future rallies out of naivety or optimism (or political-ism).

I still have a draft email to Matthew Guy (the planning minister) sitting around, waiting for me to have the time/energy to finish it and hit Send. Maybe when I'm on hols.

Speaking of which... two sleeps until I fly! :hyper: :panic: And hopefully three before I land in London, if this sleeping aid I got at the pharmacy does its work on the way to Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom