Mount Tarawera, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah ... U2 have been strictly asking the press to not publish spoilers and security around Camp Nou has become tighter (though come on, they're playing loudly in a stadium!). Now, I'm sure that guy's photo probably wouldn't have even been discovered if it had just been left ignored on that pro-sound forum, but here I am going "hey everybody look look look!" I doubt he'd actually get FIRED, but maybe reprimanded. I deliberately didn't link to the actual post on that forum, especially since you have to use your real full name to post there, but it could still be easily found.

All things considered though, they've done pretty well, I mean all we know is that the centre column 'does things' and a bit about speeches.

Bored, made an alternate SA flag for some reason. The spikes aren't arbitrary, they're based off of spears used around the Murray region. Didn't know whether to include the Southern Cross or not, you can probably guess my feelings on it.

newsa.jpg

Bored, made an alternate SA flag for some reason. The spikes aren't arbitrary, they're based off of spears used around the Murray region. Didn't know whether to include the Southern Cross or not, you can probably guess my feelings on it.

newsa.jpg

Oooh, I do like that.

*votes Bonnaios for Premier*

newsa.jpg

If When Australia becomes a Republic, we'll be sure to vote for that flag for SA.

Have to say, I'm still not sure what a flag of the Australian Republic should look like. The easiest thing would just be yellow/green thing with the southern cross in the middle, but that would look like shit. And I am very much against incorporating anything from the Aboriginal flag, that would water-down the latter's own power. Maybe we should just use a goddamn kangaroo.

I like the lack of Southern Cross. The sight of which is making me cringe lately. 1 in 10 cars it seems has the back window decal around here. I even saw one on the weekend which was so badly aligned, it was tragic. Nothing like advertising you're a redneck, and showing your stupidity at the same time.
:up:

Boxing kangaroo flag for the Aussie republic!

... what? It can't be any more embarrassing than being known worldwide for Waltzing Matilda.

Have to say, I'm still not sure what a flag of the Australian Republic should look like. The easiest thing would just be yellow/green thing with the southern cross in the middle, but that would look like shit. And I am very much against incorporating anything from the Aboriginal flag, that would water-down the latter's own power. Maybe we should just use a goddamn kangaroo.

Red rectangle, QANTAS kanga. Simple. Revolting. :D I dunno, either. I like the idea of a plain colour with the silhouette of, say, a gum tree. 2 colours, no bullshit.

Boxing kangaroo flag for the Aussie republic!

... what? It can't be any more embarrassing than being known worldwide for Waltzing Matilda.

Holy shit, guys, I bought Jon Stewart's book on the weekend (I found a Borders in redneckville - Macarthur Square - the home of the misaligned (malaligned?) Southern Cross), and his interpretation of Australia and Waltzing Matilda is enough to make you cry true tears of joy.

I want Jon Stewart babies. They will be cuttingly sarcastic, dry, and perceptive. Efficient in put-downs. Correct.
:heart:

So the current lulz on the street revolve around an email being faked. What do we think? I reckon just for being a complete fool, Turnbull really ought to resign. Even if he doesn't, there's no way the public are gonna hold confidence in him for a next election, unless Rudd really really screws up.

I like the lack of Southern Cross. The sight of which is making me cringe lately. 1 in 10 cars it seems has the back window decal around here. I even saw one on the weekend which was so badly aligned, it was tragic. Nothing like advertising you're a redneck, and showing your stupidity at the same time.

I do feel sorry for the folk who have gotten a Southern Cross tattoo simply because they happen to like Australia, and not because they're complete dipshits, but the fact is - they still have a Southern Cross tattoo, and they look like shit, AND the Southern Cross isn't Australia-exclusive, and it has such a bad rep now that we may as well just about put the swastika on the flag.

So the current lulz on the street revolve around an email being faked. What do we think? I reckon just for being a complete fool, Turnbull really ought to resign. Even if he doesn't, there's no way the public are gonna hold confidence in him for a next election, unless Rudd really really screws up.

Have to say, I haven't been especially interested in this whole charade. I do think Turnbull is best off resigning, though, it would be pretty damn hard for him to fight back after this.

Surely this is a prime example of media hoop-la over a minor affair while really important stories go quietly under the radar.

Dear Australia,

Thanks for ruining the Southern Cross for the rest of us.

Signed,
Kiwi flag

Surely this is a prime example of media hoop-la over a minor affair while really important stories go quietly under the radar.

Basically any event that the media dubs with the suffix "-gate" doesn't strike me as worth my time, unless it's chicken-gate, which was great.

Correct. Iranian riots and deaths? North Korea launching possibly missiles? Who cares, someone was given preference for help that everyone would get!

What I want to know is why the hell I didn't know about this sooner.

I mean, holy fuck.

What I want to know is why the hell I didn't know about this sooner.

I mean, holy fuck.

It is one of the most disgusting and grisly events in Australian news over the past year - and even in the midst of more positive news regarding Indigenous land rights, you get something like this and it makes all the good news look comparatively meaningless. It's horrifying - he was given a 600ml bottle of water for the entire trip, for fuck's sake, in 50c+ conditions. It was murder.

It is one of the most disgusting and grisly events in Australian news over the past year - and even in the midst of more positive news regarding Indigenous land rights, you get something like this and it makes all the good news look comparatively meaningless. It's horrifying - he was given a 600ml bottle of water for the entire trip, for fuck's sake, in 50c+ conditions. It was murder.

God, I'm just furious reading about this. I can't even respond straight. I mean, fuck. You just don't think that thing'd happen now.

Hello, Assver.

I've given myself an insane and damn near impossible photoshop project. It'll be cool once it's finished, it's just taking more work than I thought.

How's you?

I'm the usual - slightly tired thanks to U2, but at least the website's coming along well ...

I could use some breakfast. Shame I'll have to, you know, make it myself and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom