Mount Gay, West Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And does he have any plans to lose purity points with Jen and help her lose the statutory rape point herself? Now that hardy's beaten her purity score, she needs all the help she can get. :wink:

:shocked: What did I miss?

:lol: a top hat!! are you auditioning for the new singer in Panic at the Disco??

I'm on hols this week, again :applaud: and am going to Melbourne tomorrow. Was going to buy the new re-masters but have ordered them from Amazon -stacks cheaper. Will probably just hang around, buy nothing and then come home again :doh:

Maybe. :shifty:

I don't have the dough at the moment to get them :(

Hey Axver :wave: good, yourself?

Hey just quickly, do you/anyone know what the current pope had to do with Nazi Germany? Because my idiot mate reckons he was a nazi, which is ridiculous, but it must have come from somewhere.

Not doing too badly myself.

Ratzinger was in the Hitler Youth, as enrolment was compulsory, but he apparently avoided meetings. He was then conscripted into the infantry but deserted.

Not doing too badly myself.

Ratzinger was in the Hitler Youth, as enrolment was compulsory, but he apparently avoided meetings. He was then conscripted into the infantry but deserted.

Ah... so he kinda was right... :reject:

Here's the bottom end of the purity scores masterlist at the moment:

Varitek: 23%
RedRocksU2: 19%
mysterious_jen: 17%
hardyharhar: 14%

:shocked: no way. no WAY.

that's downright wack
i want proof/to know his answers
is he not with lila?

Ah... so he kinda was right... :reject:

Well, it's not like he was willingly a Nazi or accepted any of its ideology. Sure, he was in it, but so was EVERY German aged 14. You didn't exactly have much of a choice.

(Wow, why am I defending Ratzinger? Fuck Yahweh.)

:shocked: no way. no WAY.

that's downright wack
i want proof/to know his answers
is he not with lila?

:laugh: Yeah, but he was a teen/young adult in the late 70s/early 80s and ... lots of crazy shit happened. As Khan said, now he's with Lila and has become settled-down and boring. :wink:

Oh God, I just went downstairs to get something to drink and all kinds of hilarity ensued.

First I tripped getting out of the bed because my iPod cable and phone charger were wrapped around on leg somehow, and my iPod cable was wrapped around the other. I was literally trapped under my iPod.

Then when I came backupstairs I heard George Bush coming out of my brothers room. For a moment there I thought WWIII had started or something cause i knew he fell asleep watching Nickelodeon. But apparently the audio is all just kinda screwed up becasue the video was cartoons but the audio was Bush. So I stood there watching that for a few minutes..bush's voice all coming out o' Woodland critters mouths and such. All feeling right and making sense. All making me laugh.

Well, it's not like he was willingly a Nazi or accepted any of its ideology. Sure, he was in it, but so was EVERY German aged 14. You didn't exactly have much of a choice.

(Wow, why am I defending Ratzinger? Fuck Yahweh.)

:laugh: Yeah, but he was a teen/young adult in the late 70s/early 80s and ... lots of crazy shit happened. As Khan said, now he's with Lila and has become settled-down and boring. :wink:

Ah okay. Problem is his brain is encased with a 2m brick wall, so he'll believe he's won on a technicality. :rolleyes: Chemistry is hard wiht him in the class.

How come you don't like Ratzinger? I'm not a fan either...

True. I always forget the 70s factor.

Then when I came backupstairs I heard George Bush coming out of my brothers room. For a moment there I thought WWIII had started or something cause i knew he fell asleep watching Nickelodeon. But apparently the audio is all just kinda screwed up becasue the video was cartoons but the audio was Bush. So I stood there watching that for a few minutes..bush's voice all coming out o' Woodland critters mouths and such. All feeling right and making sense. All making me laugh.

:lmao: Wow.

Oh God, I just went downstairs to get something to drink and all kinds of hilarity ensued.

First I tripped getting out of the bed because my iPod cable and phone charger were wrapped around on leg somehow, and my iPod cable was wrapped around the other. I was literally trapped under my iPod.

Wow!! :lol: All in the space of a few minutes!!!

How's it going?

Ah okay. Problem is his brain is encased with a 2m brick wall, so he'll believe he's won on a technicality. :rolleyes: Chemistry is hard wiht him in the class.

How come you don't like Ratzinger? I'm not a fan either...

True. I always forget the 70s factor.

Ahh, one of those sorts.

Oh, I have a serious problem with various Catholic attitudes and doctrines (e.g. towards homosexuals, safe sex, etc.) that Ratzinger supports.

My current itunes top 11:

=1. Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade (11 plays)
=1. The Velvet Underground and Nico - Heroin
=1. Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland
=1. Radiohead - No Surprises (10 plays)
=5. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
=5. David Bowie - Cracked Actor
=5. Nick Drake - At the Chime of a City Clock
=5. U2 - Running to Stand Still
=9. Bruce Springsteen - Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (9 plays)
=9. Bruce Springsteen - Meeting Across the River
=9. Radiohead - All I Need

Ahh, one of those sorts.

Oh, I have a serious problem with various Catholic attitudes and doctrines (e.g. towards homosexuals, safe sex, etc.) that Ratzinger supports.

That's all right. I have a serious problem with all of Catholicism.

Ahh, one of those sorts.

That's fair enough. I think that WYD is being celebrated by many people for the wrong reasons... there's a shitload of people going just for the 'party' aspect of it, so many people, etc, not for religious reasons. The condoms the anti-papalists are handing out will go to good use.

It's going good now that I'm convinced an atom bomb is not aimed straight into my living room.

:lmao: Must have been a weird one. Are you interested in the politics over there?

my top plays on iTunes are no fun becauese
1) I just got all my music back
2) My top plays = my Retro Island list

That's fair enough. I think that WYD is being celebrated by many people for the wrong reasons... there's a shitload of people going just for the 'party' aspect of it, so many people, etc, not for religious reasons. The condoms the anti-papalists are handing out will go to good use.

WYD just pisses me off because it's being given so many legal and economic privileges by the government. Sure, go ahead, hold whatever religious festivals you like, but the government shouldn't be financially sustaining it and laws certainly should not be stifling others' right to freedom of speech.

Have you ever been slightly terrified/shocked to see someone from Interference anywhere else on teh internetz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom