Most eagerly anticipated film in 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking forward to Zodiac, forgot about that one....and everyone should go see Children of Men, which opens wide in 2007 but opened here yesterday...saw it and loved it.

2008.....Spielberg film about Lincoln, starring Liam Neeson.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Ghostbusters 3

Wait... what? There's going to be a third movie? Officially confirmed? I must live under a rock. LOL

The film I'm most looking forward to is Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix. The main reason being the adult cast will be featured a LOT more... I'm psyched to see more of Gary Oldman, Ralph Fiennes (hopefully), Alan Rickman (again, hopefully) and especially Jason Isaacs. :up:

And... yeah, I will probably break down and put even more money into George Lucas' greedy pockets. How? By seeing the Star Wars movies (probably the original 3) when they're re-released in 3-D. :banghead:

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here but the film I'm really looking foward to - aside from those I posted earlier - is The Dark Knight which isn't going to be released until 2008.

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman and now the growing possibility that either Denzel Washington, Guy Pearce or Joaquin Phoenix will be playing Harvey Dent? I think something just moved in my trousers...

Oh man - the Simpsons movie trailers look pretty damn cool - not in content - just seeing Homer on the big screen... Roll on July!

Slapnutz said:
I know I'm getting way ahead of myself here but the film I'm really looking foward to - aside from those I posted earlier - is The Dark Knight which isn't going to be released until 2008.

LOL, same here. I was going to post about The Dark Knight as well, but then I realized it wasn't coming out until 2008. I can't wait.

Slapnutz said:

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman and now the growing possibility that either Denzel Washington, Guy Pearce or Joaquin Phoenix will be playing Harvey Dent? I think something just moved in my trousers...

Liev Schreiber as Harvey Dent ftw!

I heard it's going to be about catching The Joker with Batman and Harvey Dent teaming up. While the 3rd one is the trial of The Joker with Dent becoming Two-Face.

And I read a rumor that Rachel McAdams might be Selina Kyle / Catwoman!

I don't care what it's about, as long as Christopher Nolan and his brother are writing it, I know it will be good.

I'm looking forward to The Dark Knight, too. Loved Batman Begins, love all of Nolan's films, actually, he's one of my favorite directors.

Did anyone mention the next Indiana Jones film for 2007?

Chances are the Indy movie will be in '08, as will Jurassic Park IV.

When Harrison Ford turns 96.

lmjhitman said:

i had read 2007, but now i'm reading that miller's decided to start work on 'the spirit', so sin city will get pushed back to 2008.

damn. :grumpy:

well, as long as it comes out I guess I shouldn't complain, it will be worth the wait. Sin City was so incredibly mindblowing and excellent in every little way that I'm almost certain that if the second one actually sucked I would still love it.
:angry:

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
Chances are the Indy movie will be in '08, as will Jurassic Park IV.

When Harrison Ford turns 96.

LOL, so true. Harrison Ford looks good for his age, but dude, the clock's ticking. The holy trinity (Spielberg, Ford, Lucas) have been saying they'd make Indy 4 ever since 2000 (I think)... and it keeps getting pushed back. The whole has just been laughable, I'll be genuinely surprised if it actually gets made. For example, Spielberg just signed on to work on the Lincoln biopic, so I wouldn't be surprised if Indy 4 gets put on the backburner yet again.

SpaceOddity said:

LOL, so true. Harrison Ford looks good for his age, but dude, the clock's ticking. The holy trinity (Spielberg, Ford, Lucas) have been saying they'd make Indy 4 ever since 2000 (I think)... and it keeps getting pushed back. The whole has just been laughable, I'll be genuinely surprised if it actually gets made. For example, Spielberg just signed on to work on the Lincoln biopic, so I wouldn't be surprised if Indy 4 gets put on the backburner yet again.

Frank Darabont (Shawshank, The Green Mile) wrote a script back in '04 and Spielberg was ready to go into production with it, saying it was the best since Raiders. George Lucas I guess wanted like 700 more scenes of CGI with Jar-Jar Binks or something and vetoed it.

But it looks like they're all on board with David Koepp's script. (Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, War of the Worlds)

I say it comes out Summer '08 and Lincoln comes out Fall '08.

Screenshot6.jpg

spiderman3_venom_sm.jpg

optimus_empire.jpg

piratasdocaribe3_richards.jpg

Yeah man, he looks about 20 years younger.

Which puts him at what 413?

I am looking forward to seeing Miss Potter which is out here next week. I don't really know anything else about new films in 2007.

2008 - Shrek 3 :combust:

Can't think of anything I'm *really* looking forward to but I'm curious to see what they do with "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". That book had the best HP villain in the entire series and Imelda Stanton looks like she could make Umbridge just as loathesome and hateful as she is in the books... ugh I hate that bitch, :mad:

Plus I adore Luna Lovegood and the girl playing her looks spot on. Hopefully Daniel Radcliffe will be up to the challenge of playing angry moody Capslock!Harry.

Lara Mullen said:
I am looking forward to seeing Miss Potter which is out here next week. I don't really know anything else about new films in 2007.

2008 - Shrek 3 :combust:

That's in May 07 :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's in May 07 :up:

Even better. I could have sworn I watched a trailer for it last week and we both couldn't believe why they were showing a trailer for it and it said it was due for realease in 2008.

Harry, Indy and Pirates for me.
McClane and Bourne, depending on other people's reviews.

Is Spielberg directing the rumoured Jurassic Park 4 movie?

Spielberg will be producing Jurassic Park IV if anything.

I read it will directed by the same guy that did III, Joe Johnston :|

Lara Mullen said:

Even better. I could have sworn I watched a trailer for it last week and we both couldn't believe why they were showing a trailer for it and it said it was due for realease in 2008.

Shrek 3, Pirates 3, and Spidey 3, all in May 07

:rockon:

Definitely Pirates 3. Oh, and there's a movie coming out called Lincoln, about Abraham Lincoln, obviously, starring Liam Neeson ( :love: ) and a sequel to National Treasure, but I can't remember if they're due in 2007 or 2008. :shrug:

National Treasure: Book of Secrets got bumped to a 2007 release.

Lincoln is 2008 all the way.

Back
Top Bottom