Monkeys Eyebrow, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That one is probably my least favorite because that particular cliche/piece of imagery has been wrung dry. It's got a good melody though, but where it is on the album I can't help but wonder what could have been had it been placed in an earlier slot. The final half is way too slow.

That's fair. I think it had to do with mood for me right now...all weekend really.

Must admit I didn't pay terribly close attention to Have To Explode's lyrics. I liked it musically, though.

I had a bit of a problem with International Small Arms Traffic Blues. I felt it was starting to really go somewhere, then it ends. I was thinking it'd be an 8/10 track, but I felt a little let down and only gave it 7/10.

Small Arms Traffic Blues moves at a ridiculously slow pace, but damn, I do love this:

Our love is like the border between Greece and Albania
Trucks loaded down with weapons
Crossing over every night
Moon yellow and bright
There is a shortage in the blood supply
But there is no shortage of blood

i'm not a guy but :wave:

downsrim.gif

It don't matter! :cute:

I love coming home on break and watching all the shitty horror movies on FearNet before I leave. All part of my never ending quest.

1. No Children: 8.5/10
2. Oceanographer’s Choice: 8/10
3. Game Shows Touch Our Lives: 7.5/10
4. See America Right: 7.5/10
5. Southwood Plantation Road: 7.5/10
6. Idylls Of The King: 7.5/10
7. Alpha Rats Nest: 7.5/10
8. The House That Dripped Blood: 7.25/10
9. Peacocks: 7.25/10
10. Have To Explode: 7.25/10
11. Old College Try: 7.25/10
12. First Few Desperate Hours: 7/10
13. International Small Arms Traffic Blues: 7/10
14. Tallahassee: 6.5/10

Think that would be about a 7.25/10 overall, a B-. Or something. Very soddin' consistent album; with a different, more soft and subtle vocalist, I think I would've loved it. As it is, probably it just needs a good chance to grow. And No Children is fucking brilliant. If I can figure out how to get a good metal tone out of my guitar, I'd totally try to do a black metal parody cover of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom