Moneymore, Wicklow, Ireland, Paul McGuinness' house...eh I mean Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you signed up on interference to discuss U2 but you can't because the whole section is a wasteland, that's quite sad.

Well, to be honest with you - and feel free to burn me at the stake: I joined here because I was looking for pictures to make icons out of. I ended up jumping into the forum a bit and here I am.

I'm kinda sick of people bitching about U2; I'd like someone to say something positive about them for once; rather then "I'm right you're wrong"

:shrug: I try to when I can. But dammit, that iPod commercial haunts me so.

Should I make a thread about it?

Well, to be honest with you - and feel free to burn me at the stake: I joined here because I was looking for pictures to make icons out of. I ended up jumping into the forum a bit and here I am.

Trust me no one here talks about U2 anymore...well not until the new album and tour happen:wink:

:shrug: I try to when I can. But dammit, that iPod commercial haunts me so.

Should I make a thread about it?

U2 iPod Commercial = Sell Out
Coldplay iPod Commercial = Fine

EYKIW is full of hypocrites.

Hey, I signed up here just to discuss Bomb when it was being released. If you think about it, I'm no better than Bottle Bono.

Actually, I'm worse, because he's far more skilled at copy/paste than I'll ever be.

Hey, I signed up here just to discuss Bomb when it was being released. If you think about it, I'm no better than Bottle Bono.

Actually, I'm worse, because he's far more skilled at copy/paste than I was then.

I missed all the Bomb hype. And I'm glad I did. Because I hate that era enough as it is.

I missed all the Bomb hype. And I'm glad I did. Because I hate that era enough as it is.

I had an absolutely wonderful time. We all did, actually. Back then, only a handful of people disliked Bomb. The only real bone of contention was the fan club squabbles and the new U2.com, which was universally hated and still is (though it IS the only trustworthy source for U2 information
iconjerkha5.gif
).

I think the Bomb is a really great album excluding Vertigo, All Because of You and Sometimes (album version not live) all the songs are great

I had an absolutely wonderful time. We all did, actually. Back then, only a handful of people disliked Bomb. The only real bone of contention was the fan club squabbles and the new U2.com, which was universally hated and still is (though it IS the only trustworthy source for U2 information
iconjerkha5.gif
).
The very first time I heard Vertigo, I hated it. Right off the bat. It had to grow on me, then so much so that I started hating it again.

As for Bomb itself, I listened to it through from start to finish a few times when I bought it and right off, I didn't like a few of the tracks, and some of the ones I did like, just got old. The handful I actually do like are One Step Closer, Miracle Drug and City of Blinding Lights. Yahweh is good, but I prefer acoustic.

One Step Closer is a repetitive dirge, OOTS is pure saccharine, and Yahweh is at its best in a live setting. Other than that, I'm fine with the album. It's considerably better than ATYCLB and better than most albums that came out in 2004.

One Step Closer is the best song on the album period
OOTS (Single Mix) is the best version
Yahweh (Alternative Mix) is much better

All Because of You (single Mix) > Album Version
Vertigo (banjo) > Vertigo

I still love Vertigo, sorry. It was quite shocking to hear when it first came out, and the live versions remain passionate and lively. It reminded me that they weren't elderly just yet.

I myself, prefer ATYCLB. It's value however, is mostly sentimental of some of the best years in my life. The only track I absolutely loathe is Wild Honey. The rest, I don't mind. Elevation, Stuck In A Moment and Beautiful Day can pretty much bite me on an average day, though.

I still love Vertigo, sorry. It was quite shocking to hear when it first came out, and the live versions remain passionate and lively. It reminded me that they weren't elderly just yet.

I just didn't like it. My first thought when I heard it was, "What the fuck is this crap?" :reject:
Eventually, I grew to like it but then it got overplayed (Mostly due to my lack of motivation to actually skip a track when I set it to shuffle and since I'd accidentally put it on there twice, it got picked pretty often.) and I started to hate it again. I haven't listened to it in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom