MLB 2K5 Pt 2 - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #241
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 07:37 AM
not that itll ever happen , but

According to SI's Tom Verducci, Manny Ramirez wants to be traded from the Boston Red Sox. Again.
Ramirez reportedly told team officials he is unhappy in Boston, particularly with his lack of privacy off the field. This would be the third time in four years that Ramirez has requested a trade. The report also states the Red Sox have no intention of moving him. This most likely is just another of one Manny's many mood swings
__________________

__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #242
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 07:37 AM
TheBrush.....If I were Omar, this is what I'd do....

I think Soriano is the move.....definite Offensive upgrade over Cairo/Woodward/Matsui....He thrived in da Bronx, I think he can thrive in Queens. We can give Texas Zambrano, Cairo, and Cameron. Cameron will be replaced in RF with Victor Diaz.

1B is an issue.......Helton's contract is HUGE and doesn't hit outside of Denver. Lyle Overbay has been mentioned, but his team says he won't be dealt until after season. Sean Casey doesn't have the pop we need. nice BA, but we need more power at that position. Newest rumor is Daryle Ward....I'm not sold on him....career .259 hitter and never got more than 20 dingers (2000).

I say keep Heilman. He's been really dependable (for the most part) in relief....no team seems to have dependable middle relief and we do....so keep him

And if someone wants Zambrano or Glavine, take them...especially Zambrano while his stock is high.

Unfortunately, i don't think this is our year. but once Piazza is gone after this season, we will clear lots of cap room and we can hopefully find a power hitting 1B.
__________________

__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #243
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 07:37 AM
manny is bi-polar

He won't get any privacy in any major market he goes to & no minor market team can afford $20 million per year.
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #244
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
TheBrush.....If I were Omar, this is what I'd do....

I think Soriano is the move.....definite Offensive upgrade over Cairo/Woodward/Matsui....He thrived in da Bronx, I think he can thrive in Queens. We can give Texas Zambrano, Cairo, and Cameron. Cameron will be replaced in RF with Victor Diaz.

1B is an issue.......Helton's contract is HUGE and doesn't hit outside of Denver. Lyle Overbay has been mentioned, but his team says he won't be dealt until after season. Sean Casey doesn't have the pop we need. nice BA, but we need more power at that position. Newest rumor is Daryle Ward....I'm not sold on him....career .259 hitter and never got more than 20 dingers (2000).

I say keep Heilman. He's been really dependable (for the most part) in relief....no team seems to have dependable middle relief and we do....so keep him

And if someone wants Zambrano or Glavine, take them...especially Zambrano while his stock is high.

Unfortunately, i don't think this is our year. but once Piazza is gone after this season, we will clear lots of cap room and we can hopefully find a power hitting 1B.

i see your points but that is too much to give to get Soriano. If you give them that then i think you exchange prospects. I think Gonzalez would be good. Since Omar Only likes dominican babies anyways.

No Daryl Ward. Mike Sweeney before him. I have heard some talk of thome too. Man hes having an awful year but has huge upside. I mean this guy is still capable of 50. hes only 34. that is not old for a guy who Dh's and plays first. BIG BIG contract though.

I heard some crazy shit about benson and Cameron and Piazza for Giambi
And Posada. I would actually think about this.....but this is just some stupid new york newspaper back page shit. That would be a blockbuster though.
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Numb1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Posts: 11,382
Local Time: 07:37 AM
that would be a blockbuster trade for sure. Not happening though.

From the Mets perspective, you think giving up Cairo/Woodward/Matsui is too much?

I don't think it's enough for Texas

Cairo/Woodward are what they are - role players....and Matsui SUX. he might become an all star somewhere else, but not here.
__________________
Numb1075 is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail


Yeah they really can't bear it, it's not like they came back from down 0-3 last year, oh wait, that's right they did.
That was like the Halley comet... it happens once every 80 or so years...

I sense the Yankees overtaking the Red Sox this week.
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:32 PM   #247
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 07:37 AM
I sense the Yankees going downhill this week.

Brown out again, Pavano delayed, Randy Johnson's back acting up...

Good luck.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #248
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC


That was like the Halley comet... it happens once every 80 or so years...
just tell yourself that if it helps you fall asleep at night, say what you want but the Sox weren't the victims in the greatest comeback in the history of sports.

Lets hope Clement is ok after than shot he took tonight.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #249
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Numb1075
that would be a blockbuster trade for sure. Not happening though.

From the Mets perspective, you think giving up Cairo/Woodward/Matsui is too much?

I don't think it's enough for Texas

Cairo/Woodward are what they are - role players....and Matsui SUX. he might become an all star somewhere else, but not here.

I mean two quality players. Cameron is nearly all-star calliber and arguably your best bench player is cairo so yea, thats alot to give for one player. They have to throw us a bone. I dont need a bone with a hunk of meat on it. But a bone none the less.


By the way I just need to get this off my chest.

CARLOS BELTRAN SUCKS A BIG ONE.
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 PM   #250
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 08:37 AM
I dont know if the fact that the mets are losing their ass means a trade is more likely or less likely.

THEY SUCK. I love 'em. BUT THEY SUCK.

6 Runs in 2 games at coors....poop cacca fuck.

SWING THE BAT CAMERON. struck out four times, 3 looking. They put up a nasty stat during the game. W/ the bases loaded Cameron has 126 at-bats and 51 strike outs. That is insane. You figure you are gonna get pitches to hit. I dont mind guys struggling.......but you cant lose to colorado......i mean whos on colorado.
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 09:11 PM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
popacrobat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: this house
Posts: 9,776
Local Time: 07:37 AM
genR bandwagon...bitches.
__________________
popacrobat is offline  
Old 07-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #252
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
genR bandwagon...bitches.


????????
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 AM   #253
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
Randy Johnson's back acting up...
If thats how he pitches when his back is acting up, Steinbrenner is gonna force him to sleep on Morty Seinfeld's pull out couch in Boca Del Vista before every start.
__________________
Hewson is online now  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #254
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
U2@NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Back in Buenos Aires
Posts: 4,281
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail


just tell yourself that if it helps you fall asleep at night, say what you want but the Sox weren't the victims in the greatest comeback in the history of sports.
That greatest comeback in the history of sports statement is completely U.S. centered... no one could have cared less about this comeback outside of the U.S. So, I would agree with you with the fact that it was a great comeback, but that was it...

And I see the Yankees only 1 game behind now after beating the Twins 4-0... mua ha ha. While the Sox, on the other hand, had to beat Tampa Bay in extra innings...

Nationals lost to Atlanta, so they are continuing to suck
__________________
U2@NYC is offline  
Old 07-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #255
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
If thats how he pitches when his back is acting up, Steinbrenner is gonna force him to sleep on Morty Seinfeld's pull out couch in Boca Del Vista before every start.
We'll see how he holds up. He obviously held up well last night.
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com