MLB 2008: The Playoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me GAF won't be going to work tomorrow. Or whatever it is he does all day.

I don't know that I can hate the Rays. They have no following and are a rather pathetic franchise. I feel more sorry for the organization not being able to draw a bigger attendance than anything else.

Of course, I'd love to see the Cubs beat the Sox in the World Series, but the potential for a loss to them would probably give me an aneurism before the thing was over.

So I kind of want them gone early.

My predictions:
Rays over White Sox (5)
Red Sox over Angels (4)

Cubs over Dodgers (5)
Phillies over Brewers (4)

Red Sox over Rays (6)
Phillies over Cubs (7)

Red Sox over Phillies (6)

And remember, I'm no Dave with drinking the Philly Kool-Aid, by any stretch.

Red Sox over Angels in four
White Sox over Rays in five

Dodgers over Cubs in four
Phillies over Brewers in four

Red Sox over White Sox in six
Dodgers over Phillies in six

Red Sox over Dodgers in five

Of course, I'd love to see the Cubs beat the Sox in the World Series, but the potential for a loss to them would probably give me an aneurism before the thing was over.

So I kind of want them gone early.

I feel similar, but really feel that the White Sox fans deserve a ALCS more than the (few) Rays fans. I believe the winner of the Boston/Anaheim series goes to the World Series.

And I really do not want to see an LA v. OC World Series.

Dodgers over Cubs in 4
Phils over Brewers in 3

Sox over Rays in 4
Sox over Angels in 3

Dodgers over Phils in 6
Sox over Sox in 5

Dodgers over Sox in 6, Manny Ramirez WS MVP

Rays over Chisox (4)
Angels over Bosox (5)

Cubs over Dodgers (5)
Phillies over Brewers (4)

Angels over Rays (6)
Phillies over Cubs (7)

Angels over Phillies (5)

Angels over Red Sox in 3
Rays over White Sox in 5

Cubs over Dodgers in 4
Phillies over Brewers in 5

Angels over Rays in 4
Cubs over Phillies in 4

Angels over Cubs in 5

I still can't believe I was actually at those last two games. Last night was the most satisfying sporting event that I've ever actually attended. I've never been there live at a game where my team has clinched something. Getting to see that celebration was something I'll never forget.

NSW, were you there the last two nights? I didn't see you, we must have just missed eachother. I was up in the 500 level seats both games but it was still amazing. You gotta give it up to Johnny Danks last night. He's only gone 8 full innings one other time this year and he goes out and does it in game #163 on 3 days rest. Beautiful. Now we go to Tampa. We played like dog-shit there this year, but none of that matters now. I'm just hopin Carl Crawford isn't back for the series.

Also, was I seeing things or did the faggoty Cubs actually hold a rally yesterday? For clinching a playoff spot? Who the FUCK holds a rally for just making the playoffs? That shit is ridiculous and pathetic. And it's bad karma. Save the street party for when you win 11 more games, you fucks. Mark me down for the Cubs getting knocked off by the Dodgers.

And remember, I'm no Dave with drinking the Philly Kool-Aid, by any stretch.

kool-aidman.jpg

Phillies over Brewers in 4
Cubs over Dodgers in 3

Rays over White Sox in 5
Angels over Red Sox in 4

Phillies over Cubs in 7
Angels over Rays in 5

Angels over Phillies in 6

Phillies over Brewers 3-1
Cubs over Dodgers 3-2

Rays Over White Sox 3-2
Angels Over Red Sox 3-1

Phillies over Cubs 4-2
Angels over Rays 4-1

Angels over Phillies 4-2

Now watch it all go the opposite way!

For the record, on ESPN's "Experts Picks", 14 of the 19 writers picked the Cubs over the Dodgers.

Also, the Cubs and Angels were tied for most World Series Champs picks with 6 writers voting for each.

Make of that what you will.

NSW, were you there the last two nights? I didn't see you, we must have just missed eachother. I was up in the 500 level seats both games but it was still amazing.

On Monday, we were Field Level, 1st base line, between 1st and the foul pole, 9 rows back.

Last night, we were in 537, way up in row 19.

While I've attended sporting events that were more special/electric to me, this was, with ease, the best sporting event I've attended in Chicago.

Glad you got to experience it! :up:

And, I don't really believe in this, cos nobody knows shit, but my picks:

Brewers over Phillies
Cubs over Dodgers

Red Sox over Angels
Rays over White Sox

Cubs over Brewers
Red Sox over Rays

Sigh....Red Sox over Cubs

I'll give this a shot, though I probably know even less than fools like NSW:

Cubs over Dodgers (3-1)
Phillies over Brewers (3-1)
Red Sox over Angels (3-2)
Rays over White Sox (3-1)
--
Cubs over Phillies (4-2)
Rays over Red Sox (4-3)
--
Cubs over Rays (4-2)

I think the Phils would beat the Cubbies. The series in Chicago a month ago? 2-2, and the Phils blew the two losses. It should have been a sweep.

Phils over Brewhahas in 4
Dodgers over Cubbies in 4
Sox over Angels in 4
Rays over Sock in 5

Phils over Dodgers in 6
Sox over Rays in 7

Sox over Phils in 6

I'm not saying anything. The last five years have proven to me that I just need to sit back and enjoy the playoffs no matter what happens. If we win, awesome. If we don't...it's not exactly something new. So, I'm just going to watch, try and keep my cool, and have a good time along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom