Middle Intercourse Island superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wawa pwns 7/11 in so many ways. But it begins and end with the hoagies.

Especially the hot hoagies. The hot roast beef and hot meatball hoagies from Wawa are two of my favorite sandwiches.

LemonMelon said:

How did you like the Zeppelin track?

I like the song better live than in the studio. That said, it's a good song (I'd never heard the studio version before). However.... I'm not digging the De La Soul.

the tourist said:

I like the song better live than in the studio. That said, it's a good song (I'd never heard the studio version before). However.... I'm not digging the De La Soul.

Not into rap in general, or just the song?

the tourist said:
That's too bad. I liked that part a lot. Those two songs are both great! Don't be ashamed! :up:

I liked it, but I think I would've used only one, not both. I think those two back to back are a little much, looking back.

LemonMelon said:

Not into rap in general, or just the song?

In general. I noticed a song by The Streets, too. But two rap songs is a forgivable amount, I suppose. It could be worse.

the tourist said:

In general. I noticed a song by The Streets, too. But two rap songs is a forgivable amount, I suppose. It could be worse.

How's the flow for you so far? Best part of my list IMO is still yet to come, 26-29.

phillyfan26 said:

I liked it, but I think I would've used only one, not both. I think those two back to back are a little much, looking back.

I'm sure there would've been somewhere else you could've fit the McCartney song in.

phillyfan26 said:
Wawa pwns 7/11 in so many ways. But it begins and end with the hoagies.

Especially the hot hoagies. The hot roast beef and hot meatball hoagies from Wawa are two of my favorite sandwiches.
i've never had their hoagies. but i love 7-11. i like their slurpees and...fuck i forget what they're called now. it's been so long since i've had one. tostada? taquito? something like that.

LemonMelon said:

How's the flow for you so far? Best part of my list IMO is still yet to come, 26-29.

I thought it's all flowed well except for the De La Soul song. Anyway, I'm gonna take another break cuz it's lunch/dinner time. :wave:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've only been to wawas in maryland, and all those had gas stations. i'd say it'd be weird to see one without a gas station, but that'd be hypocritical as i've seen 7-11s without gas stations. it's one of those things, for me at least, you don't notice there's no gas until after you pull away.

Out in the country areas there are usually more gas stations, and more in South Jersey too, because of the shore travelers.

However, for me, the three closest Wawas are all without gas stations.

My father loves their coffee.

the tourist said:
I'm sure there would've been somewhere else you could've fit the McCartney song in.

Actually, because it's shorter, I probably would have kept that and moved or possibly nixed Tiny Dancer. I enjoy Tiny Dancer, but after three piano songs, if you don't enjoy it, it drags a bit at six minutes.

I don't know, I like them, I just still think I could have done that portion differently.

phillyfan26 said:
Out in the country areas there are usually more gas stations, and more in South Jersey too, because of the shore travelers.

However, for me, the three closest Wawas are all without gas stations.

My father loves their coffee.
yeah, in this case it was a really touristy beach area.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've never had their hoagies. but i love 7-11. i like their slurpees and...fuck i forget what they're called now. it's been so long since i've had one. tostada? taquito? something like that.

The hoagies are fantastic. I highly recommend them.

phillyfan26 said:

Actually, because it's shorter, I probably would have kept that and moved or possibly nixed Tiny Dancer. I enjoy Tiny Dancer, but after three piano songs, if you don't enjoy it, it drags a bit at six minutes.

:yes: Very nice song, of course, but it's a large part of why that section drags. Maybe I'm Amazed is irreplaceable.

The De La Soul song and the Streets song were the two I remember not liking.

The playlist, overall though, is remarkably consistent.

LemonMelon said:

:yes: Very nice song, of course, but it's a large part of why that section drags. Maybe I'm Amazed is irreplaceable.

It took me a while to stop thinking of Michael Scott changing the lyrics to "You have won a tiny Dundee!"

phillyfan26 said:

It took me a while to stop thinking of Michael Scott changing the lyrics to "You have won a tiny Dundee!"

:lol: Fortunately, I don't associate many songs with films or television. Partially because I don't own many soundtracks and partially because I'm not a movie buff as it is.

Normally, neither do I.

I'm not a movie buff in the sense that I've seen a lot of movies, but the ones that I have I love to quote and reference.

phillyfan26 said:
Normally, neither do I.

I'm not a movie buff in the sense that I've seen a lot of movies, but the ones that I have I love to quote and reference.

Ted: "I feel fearless, like Jeff Bridges in that movie"
Dougal: "I haven't seen that one"
Ted: "Not many people have Dougal, it's probably a bad reference"

:up: Father Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom