MERGED-->Supermassive Black Hole- New Muse Single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Supermassive Black Hole- New Muse Single

New Muse single is out and about folks:D

And I quite like it...sorta Muse meets Goldfrapp vibe.

I guess that means it is also a bit T rexy 20th Century Boy Children of the Revolution styley, with lots of falsetto:yes:

I can pm or e-mail it if anybody is interested;)

Last edited:
Ok i'm on the Killers messageboard (yes I know what a lot of you think of The Killers)

Reaction there to the new Muse song though has been pretty bad...claims of Muse having forgotten how to rock...that they have gone pop-rock.....

All very over the top:rolleyes:

Honestly the new song isn't any more pop rock or radio friendly than Time Is Running Out. It is though a bit different for Muse though...I enjoy the new song....just not sure how those who don't like it are already saying 'Muse have lost the ability to rock':huh:

LJT said:
Honestly the new song isn't any more pop rock or radio friendly than Time Is Running Out. It is though a bit different for Muse though...I enjoy the new song....just not sure how those who don't like it are already saying 'Muse have lost the ability to rock':huh:

I loved Time Is Running Out.

Is a Killers message board, which may or may not be taken up with trendy teeny boppers the best places to gauge reaction to the new Muse single?

I'd also like to know what the Killers message board thinks about Brandon's new redonkulously conceited beliefs about the new Killers album.

Oh there are certainly quite a few trendy teeny boppers there:wink: there are a few very cool people who are the main reason I hang around on the board...and someone has to help keep the kids taste borderline reasonable over there.

The ones whose reaction I am gauging though were pretty big Muse fans, now they seem to have just been into them for 'big riffs' as one so put it and that 'they have forgotten how to rock'.......I guess they just don't like a band diversifying, which is silly.

I do love the song, I was just looking for a bit more reasonable reaction from the fine folk of Interference;)

It's really ironic that fans of the Killers are weary of a band diversifying when the Killers aren't original at all. I say this as a fan of the first album, and a genuine big fan of Muse.

I haven't heard the new Muse song yet. Is it online?

It's getting an online release tomorrow...it's leaked in the usual places though...I could pm you it if you want?

Done:wink:

....and done:sexywink:

The song is way more glam rock than anything Muse have done before...maybe Matt and co. will come out in feather boas and sparkly shirts now? :hmm:

It seems to have taken people that way...is that a good or bad not expecting though?:p

Honestly I haven't been expecting anything, so maybe it has really went against people's preconceived ideas of what they were goin to do and it has thrown them off?

LJT said:
It seems to have taken people that way...is that a good or bad not expecting though?:p

Honestly I haven't been expecting anything, so maybe it has really went against people's preconceived ideas of what they were goin to do and it has thrown them off?

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. The fan reaction kind of lowered my expectations, but I do like the track.

I read a couple of articles during the album's recording sessions stating that they wanted to record an album in a completely new style. I'm really interested to hear how the rest of the album shapes up.

An album of Muse you can dance to perhaps (not that it is impossible to do so at the moment:dance: )? Who knows, but they also tend to be pretty diverse within an album so the track probably only represents a bit of what they have done for the new album:shrug: I didn't quite get why a lot of people were getting so worked up over a 3 minute and a half track.

I kinda dig it.

grumpydance22zc.gif

OK, I ... don't like that.

It's kinda catchy, though.

New Muse! Supermassive Black Hole.

Hello All...

Word on the street is that a new Muse song has been released! I am trying to find a free download of it but cant...little help?

Here is a little review...

If 'Supermassive Black Hole' is any indication of what to expect from the inevitably peculiarly-named 'Black Holes And Revelations', then you'll be casting aside any faux-Radiohead derisions, and replacing them with disco balls.

Look on the second page mate, thread near the bottom already on it, if you post your e-mail address in it i'll send it to you...and if mods are about I guess a merge would be in order?

LJT said:
Look on the second page mate, thread near the bottom already on it, if you post your e-mail address in it i'll send it to you...and if mods are about I guess a merge would be in order?

Oops...sorry. I thought it was strange this info hadnt made it on here yet!!

My email address is: jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Thanks heaps!
Jon

Be sure to mention...reaction has been very mixed, and in general most Muse fans seem to dislike it from what i've seen.

Back
Top Bottom