MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heads up, two episodes air TOMORROW not Thursday in the US.
The recent Jack and Locke episodes. 8 Eastern.

GirlsAloudFan said:

Claire is dead. And cuter than ever.

Evangeline Lily has a nice ass.

The slow-mo sequence at the start of the last episode involving the Oceanic Six reuniting with their families brought a tear to my eye.

I can't wait for the finale.

If that prick soldier dude Keemee is killed, the boat will explode.

And, finally, is anyone getting a serious Star Wars vibe from Claire/Jack being brother and sister and not knowing it? Luke/Leia style? Anyone?

Just want to chime in and say I think Claire is alive and for all the reasons Laz said eariler. I guess we will see. She did however, look hotter than ever in the cabin.

I loved the final sequence more than anything (Ben surrendering) I thought the montage was really nicely done. And love the fucking music :drool:

Evangeline has a nice ass but she's a bit odd herself. I saw her on something (Leno maybe?) and she was fucking loopy. Pretty girl though. I'm going to have to go with Emilie De Ravin (Claire) though over her. I just think she's hotter, she needs to get Sawyer's 'endorsement' soon, if you catch my drift. He is the balls.

The Star Wars stuff has been around since Season One, they are HUGE Star Wars fans, so yeah, I feel a serious Luke/Leah thing going on there. One more reason why that sweet ass isn't dead.

I thought Claire was alive, too. I thought she was just meant to be with the island. :shrug:

I'm going to miss the gym for the third night in a row due to American Idol and Lost finales. :grumpy:

Then I'm going into TV mourning.

You don't need to miss going to the gym tonight. The finale isn't until next week. No new episode tonight.

I am cry. :sad: They told us at the beginning of the season that they'd run all the episodes with no breaks. They lied!!

:lol:

:sigh: A Lost-less Thursday.

I don't know what I'm going to do after next week. :sad:

You don't need to miss going to the gym tonight. The finale isn't until next week. No new episode tonight.

I am cry. :sad: They told us at the beginning of the season that they'd run all the episodes with no breaks. They lied!!

:lol:

It`s that damn Grey's Anatomy. I'll bet it was a network decision. :grumpy:

Yeah, you could probably blame all the ills and suffering of our modern world on Greys Anatomy. That show is just awful.

claire.jpg

Since we are on a little break until the season finale, I've been going back and watching selected episodes from Season 1. I still say that Season 1, in certain ways, is the best and strongest season of LOST. It's probably nostalgia. And I shouldn't say it's the best season....but it is absolutely a beautifully constructed season of mainstream American television

Episode 3, entitled Tabula Rasa, is AMAZING. And of course the two-part pilot leading up to it is equally stunning. But, if I were you I would go to abc.com and stream the Season 1 episode 'Tabula Rasa'. If the last 5 minutes of that episode don't produce either chills or tears...well then I don't know what to do with you.

I've just been "borrowing" someone's Season 1 and I was thinking about checking out some of the classics. I watched all the Bonus Features on disc 7, which was fun. In the blooper reel, Harold Perrineau, a guy I thought seemed super-serious, was hilarious. In the middle of doing a scene with another actor he gets all gangsta and starts yelling "In the hood we would pop a cap in yo' ass!" Then throws up some gang signs and says "Westside!"

I still say Season 2 is the best, because you have the hatch/Desmond reveal, the whole debate over the numbers, the capture of "Henry Gale", and of course that hardcore finale.

I still say Season 2 is the best, because you have the hatch/Desmond reveal, the whole debate over the numbers, the capture of "Henry Gale", and of course that hardcore finale.

Season 2 is great, for the reasons you stated.

I still think Season 1 will remain my sentimental favorite, and I also think it is packed with a LOT of fucking awesome episodes...and maybe the best actual character development of the series.

But if this two-hour finale that we are all about to get hit with....if this finale reveals what I think it will reveal and provides the thrills that I think it will provide...then I think that the truncated Season 4 will sit right behind Season 1 at the top of my list.

I don't know if anything can top 2's finale. The hatch blowing up with Eko/Locke/Desmond, the capture of the main heroes, and then that final scene with Penelope and the radio guys in the arctic. That was fucking EPIC.

It's not easy to judge accurately when you're in the midst of or just finishing something, I think you need a little time to put it into perspective, but the current season has been so beyond amazing. I don't think there's ever been a series where I've been literally on the edge of my seat so consistently, episode after episode, for an entire season. Maybe it's because they had to pack so much in because of the strike causing them to lose 2 hours (that's right, isn't it?), but I don't see how they can sustain the pace, excitement and tension of this season, and carry it over into the next two.

We should have a top ten lost episode thread separate from this.

Ok, this was NOT easy :wink:

Honorable Mention: The Whole Truth (Episode 2:16)

For one of the best lines of the show, delivered by Ben, as he casually talks about how he could be leading their people into a trap: "You guys got any milk?"

10. Pilot, Part One (Episode 1:1)

Perhaps the greatest pilot episode in television history.

9. Greatest Hits (Episode 3:21)

A beautiful, fitting tribute to one of Lost's best-loved characters.

8. ...In Translation (Episode 1:17)

For the scene where Jin is being beaten on the beach and the voices are garbled because he cannot understand them, and Sun reveals to the group (and to her husband) that she can speak English.

7. The Long Con (Episode 2:13)

This is a personal favorite of mine because of the way the flashback mirrors the events that are happening on the island.

6. Walkabout (Episode 1:4)

Beside the fact that Locke has some of the greatest flashbacks in the show, this episode makes the list because of the great character development.

5. Lockdown (Episode 2:17)

For the fantastically creepy scene in which the black light flickers on during the lockdown and a map of the island appears on the blast door.

4. Live Together, Die Alone (Episode 2:23)

One of the greatest season finales ever. Also, we see the four-toed statue and the eerie pile of journal-filled pneumatic tubes.

3. The Other 48 Days (Episode 2:7)

In which we discover that people from the tail section have also survived and are living on the other side of the island.

2. The Shape of Things to Come (Episode 4:9)

Ben wakes up in the desert, Keamy calls Ben's bluff in one of the most shocking scenes of the show so far, and Ben confronts Widmore.

1. The Man Behind the Curtain (Episode 3:20)

Ben comes to the island as a child with his lovely father (who we realize we've already met as Roger Workman) and Locke and Ben take a trip to the cabin to see Jacob.

I knew Beeg would be the first to respond to that !

I have a hard time remembering which titles go to which episodes (aside from the obvious ones), and what was going on in present time on the island intercut with the character flashbacks.

What I can list are these:

Live Together, Die Alone (02xFinale): Does anything even need to be said? HARDCORE.

Through the Looking Glass (03xFinale): DITTO.

Orientation (02x05): Mainly because of the DHARMA orientation film, which was totally one of the big series moments in terms of answers (even though it led to more questions). Plus, all the Locke episodes are good, anyway.

Walkabout (01x04): Enough has already been said about this one.

Lockdown (02x17): Exactly what Beeg said.

Man of Science, Man of Faith (02x01): Inside the hatch. Much anticipated, did not disappoint.

Well done, Beegee!!! I cannot recall episode titles, but, your synopses helped me recall each episode. Some of the season 1 and 2 episodes are a blur to me because I watched them all on DVD in like 2 weeks, so they blend. Live Together, Die Alone has to be my favorite episode. Oh, and, agreed with the Pilot comment, though, to me the Twin Peaks pilot gives it a run for its money.

I cannot wait for Thursday night, so glad I let a coworker talk me into watching this show.

1. Live Together Die ALone
(Season Two Finale, just the best episode of TV anywhere, ever)
2. Through The Looking Glass
(Season Three Finale, WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!! enough said)
3. Flashes Before Your Eyes
(Season Three, We see what happens to Desmond after the hatch explosion)
4. The Man Behind The Curtain
(Season Three, Ben's only flashback and lot's of Dharma mythology)
5. The Constant
(Season Four, Desmond slip sliding away across timelines, the call at the end=greatness)
6. Orientation
(Season Two, the computer, the numbers, Locke flashback=money)
7. Exodus Parts 1 and 2
(Season One Finale, "we're gonna have to take the boy!"
8. Walkabout
(Season One, Locke's first flashback, he's in a wheelchair WTF ?!?!?!?!)
9. White Rabbit
(Season One, the episode that got me hooked. Jack sees his dead dad on the Island)
10. Man Of Science, Man of Faith
(Season Two Premiere, IN THE HATCH for the first time, BABY!)
11. Lockdown
(Season Two, Locke is pinned in the Hatch and Benry helps him out. Greatness)
12. A Tale of Two Cities
(Season Three Premiere, we see the plane crash from the ground, meet the Others etc)
13. Beginning of the End
(Season Four Premiere, "I'm one of the Oceanic Six!" "are they still alive?")
14. The Brig
(Season Three, Sawyer kills Locke's dad among other things.)
15. Deus Ex Machina
(Season One, Locke finds the Hatch for the first time)

I don't know about the order after the first few but that's a pretty good list of my favs.
I'd have to say Season Two overall was the probably the best, although I don't see a hell of a lot of difference in the quality between the first three seasons. With one exception, if they would have trimmed some fat off (2 or 3 meandering episodes) off of Season Three, it probably would have been my favorite.

I feel like Season Three gets a bit of a bad rap because of that but just remember how many great episodes were in that season. Season One was brilliant but I love the mythology stories and mysteries so much, I tend to like the later seasons a little more (because of the unfolding storylines) but the extreme quality, front to back, of Season One is hard to beat.

My gauging of Season Four is almost entirely dependant on what happens next in the finale, given it's been such a short season. I have really enjoyed it so far.

Ok, this was NOT easy :wink:

Honorable Mention: The Whole Truth (Episode 2:16)

For one of the best lines of the show, delivered by Ben, as he casually talks about how he could be leading their people into a trap: "You guys got any milk?"

Haha, greatness.
Locke, Jack and Ben sitting around eating cereal.
I miss the days of the hatch.

Top LOST episodes:

Season 1, episode 3 - Tabula Rasa - Happiest ending in the history of LOST

Season 1, episode 4 - Walkabout - the first Locke-centric episode

Season 1, episodes 1 and 2 - Two-part pilot, a mind-fuck, an introduction that I've never seen rivaled by any big-budget television series

Season 2, episode 15 - Maternity Leave - Claire-centric (sexy aloofness)

Season 3, episode 12 - Par Avion - Claire-centric (with sexy black hair)

Season 1, episodes 23 and 24, - Exodus 1 and 2, - purely for the flight 815 sequence at the end

Season 2, episode 23 - Live Together, Die Alone - Desmond reading Dickens and the four-toed monster statue

Season 3, episode 20 - The Man Behind the Curtain - Linus revealed, the death of Dharma revealed

I'm not real good at remembering my fav singular lines but one bit of dialogue I remember is when Sayid is suspicious of "Henry Gale" and his balloon story.

the whole scene and preceeding scenes are bad ass but I always loved the 'punchline'.

GALE: It started as a fever. After 2 days she was delirious. Then she died. I don't know why you're asking me all these questions. I don't know why you're treating me this way -- why I have to explain to you who I am when you don't tell me who you are.

SAYID: I was 23 years old when the Americans came to my country. I was a good man. I was a soldier. And when they left I was something different. For the next 6 years I did things I wish I could erase from my memory -- things which I never thought myself to be capable of. But I did come to learn this -- there was a part of me which was always capable. You want to know who I am? My name is Sayid Jarrah, and I am a torturer.

While I am extremely excited to see the season four finale I am also a little sad that there won't be any more new Lost for a long, long time.

And this is the last time I will be opening this thread today :wink:

Back
Top Bottom