MERGED--> Lost Season 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aaron being part of the Oceanic 6 is about as anticlimactic as you can get.

That promo made it look like all hell is going to break loose. WOW.

Good to hear about the Rousseau flashback. The way her wound was filmed compared to Carl's, it was very unconvincing she was killed. I would have guess she wasn't dead even without the bit of new about her flashback.

If you shout... said:
Laz and beeg, you're right--a Rousseau flashback has been guaranteed, but I can't remember if it was for next season or the final one. I swear, though, that I read the same thing more than once. If anybody finds a citation on Lostpedia, do share.

No citation, but I read very recently that there was supposed to be a flashback this season, but due to the shortened season, it`s going to be in season 5 instead. Can`t remember where I read it, but I think the person said they heard it on one of the weekly podcasts from Lindelof and Cuse.

lazarus said:
Aaron being part of the Oceanic 6 is about as anticlimactic as you can get.

It's funny, none of the spoilers I had read earlier (I don't read them anymore because I discovered that they really do spoil the show) had him listed as being one of the O6.

The final two were always listed as Sun and Jin.

^thanks. :)

Okay, so Tom (who I was happy to see!) tells Michael the island won't let him kill himself. Maybe the island stopped Jack from killing himself too?

Why turn Michael over to the ship's captain? Michael just told Sayid & Desmond Widmore faked the 815 wreckage. :huh:

WildHoneyAlways said:
^thanks. :)

Why turn Michael over to the ship's captain? Michael just told Sayid & Desmond Widmore faked the 815 wreckage. :huh:

Personally, I don't believe Sayid just temporarily lost it, and told the captain on a whim, because he was angry, although that's the way they made it seem. I think that either in Sayid's mind, Ben = the enemy, and since he knew that Michael was working for Ben, that automatically means that Michael is up to no good; or that he has a plan of some sort - that perhaps by turning Michael in, he'll gain the captain's trust, and be able to find out more information as to what the real purpose of the ship is.

Sayid's gotta have a plan, right? :shifty: He's the only person on the island I'd totally trust. He uses good judgment, and is not an impulsive dumb-ass. I really hope he stays consistent to character.

So, Ben is saying that Whidmore staged the crash site, Whidmore's boat captain is saying that Ben staged it. Which one is the bad guy? :hmm: Hard to say at this point, but if forced to choose, I'd say Ben.

Last edited:
are we to believe Tom is gay? what did that have to do with the story line? plus, I thought Tom got killed during the raid on the beach when the went to get the pregnant women?

Daddysgonnapay said:
are we to believe Tom is gay? what did that have to do with the story line? plus, I thought Tom got killed during the raid on the beach when the went to get the pregnant women?

I'd say that yes, Tom is gay or bi, at least, and that it probably has little to do with the storyline, in much the same way that many of the small details we learn about characters have nothing to do with it.

We only saw him last night in flashbacks that would have taken place prior to the scene on the beach where he was killed, so there's been nothing to suggest that he's not dead.

I'd guess that Sayid's hasty decision to turn Michael over to the captain will end up hurting many of his friends on the island. Perhaps, much like Michael, he feels guilty and wants to redeem himself and this will explain why he joins Ben--to fight Widmore who will killed his friends.

beegee said:

It's funny, none of the spoilers I had read earlier (I don't read them anymore because I discovered that they really do spoil the show) had him listed as being one of the O6.

The final two were always listed as Sun and Jin.

That's what you get for cheating, Beeg.

Misinformation!

VintagePunk said:

We only saw him last night in flashbacks that would have taken place prior to the scene on the beach where he was killed, so there's been nothing to suggest that he's not dead.

oh, yes...good point..Michael's flashback could have been before the raid on the beach.....

lazarus said:

I'm not convinced Rousseau is actually dead, though. Was her wound fatal? I could have sworn the producers said she was getting a flashback episode this season.

Of course with 3 episodes not being made, the Rousseau flashdance might get eliminated.
I bet the producers have her in Lost limbo right now, they can leave her dead or have her survive depending on how they choose to proceed.

lazarus said:
That's what you get for cheating, Beeg.

I have learned my lesson well.

Daddysgonnapay said:
are we to believe Tom is gay? what did that have to do with the story line?

The same thing the straight scenes have to do with the storyline - people's lives.

Hewson said:
Of course with 3 episodes not being made, the Rousseau flashdance might get eliminated.
I bet the producers have her in Lost limbo right now, they can leave her dead or have her survive depending on how they choose to proceed.

Why are three episodes not being made?

Tom = gay adds a lot to his character me thinks. And let's be honest, I'm much smarter than all of you.

Dalton said:

Why are three episodes not being made?

You did hear about this little writer's strike they had for a few months in Hollyland, didn't you?

The original plan was for 16 straight episodes. When the strike hit, they had 8 in the can and planned to air an 8 episode mini season if no settlement was reached.
A settlement came, but too late to make 8 more episodes, so they settled on 5, condensing this season's story line down according to producers.

We will get those 3 "lost" episodes over the next 2 seasons giving us the promised 48 over final 3 seasons, but they'll be used to expand the later story, so we "lost" some of the season 4 stuff as a result of the strike.

I've recorded the latest episode, but I haven't watched it yet, but I just wanted to say that ending where we find out what happened to Jin really broke my heart in a way I didn't think the show could... I was really stunned. That sucks! (sniffs)

Back
Top Bottom