MERGED--> Lost Season 4 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 AM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:40 PM
I loved tonight's episode. I think it answered a lot of questions--just not the ones we were expecting.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
And I'm not sure who's directing these episodes so far this season, but I'm not crazy about it. Something very "off" about the style of these two episodes, which someone pointed out earlier in the thread after last week and I totally agree.
That was me, yeah, and we're right; although it's also true that the director hasn't changed. I'd chalk it up to an editor, or possibly to a change to a less-talented second unit director, upon whom people would rely to get enough footage to flesh out an episode, stylistically. I don't know, though. I'm hardly motivated enough to find out. All I know is that Lost has gone from a semi-embarrassing TV-style to a horribly embarrassing one. Can't say why, but it's true (minus my judgments of said style, which doesn't have to be embarrassing to or for everyone, I guess...).

Old 02-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:40 AM
I think it's great this season, love it. I don't feel any great need for answers, like having the questions much better.

Hopefully the end to the strike will produce a full season, don't know if it's too late for that.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! More questions! Need. Answers.

I agree Laz, it did go by very fast. Much more engrossing than last week, IMO.
yeah it did for two reasons.. ton o' stuff (ie more new questions on top of other questions on top of questions from the beginning that have not been answered) and secondly cuz, we only get 40 fucking minutes out of a 60 minute show. They have way too many commercial breaks! That is the one thing I truely despise about this show..
Old 02-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

yeah it did for two reasons.. ton o' stuff (ie more new questions on top of other questions on top of questions from the beginning that have not been answered) and secondly cuz, we only get 40 fucking minutes out of a 60 minute show. They have way too many commercial breaks! That is the one thing I truely despise about this show..
...and pretty much every other network television show in the history of the universe.

That's just how it is.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

...and pretty much every other network television show in the history of the universe.

That's just how it is.
yeah i get that... But it does seem that ABC is slightly more with the number of commercial breaks compared to other networks.. My IMO, in the many years that I have watched tv..
Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #202
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

yeah i get that... But it does seem that ABC is slightly more with the number of commercial breaks compared to other networks.. My IMO, in the many years that I have watched tv..
Not true.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

They may have more breaks--but the length of those breaks isn't as long. If you look on the dvds, usually an episode is about 42 minutes. Same as 24 (Fox). Same as Heroes (NBC).
Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Not true.

ok maybe not but it sure seems that way.. It's just my IMO... btw..

I am not trying to state fact sorry if that is the way it came across.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

ok maybe not but it sure seems that way.. It's just my IMO... btw..

I am not trying to state fact sorry if that is the way it came across.
No sorry needed.....it's possible that they have more, but shorter breaks....but the overall commercial inventory is not going to be any more or less than other Network programming.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier

Because the show can often be so fast-paced, and has so many people and subplots to deal with, it always seems like the show is too short, whereas other shows can take the time to focus on just a few characters and take it easy.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #207
Refugee

Local Time: 01:40 AM
I feel pretty disappointed. The only part I really liked was Ben revealing stuff at the end. The people who parachuted in seem like cousins of JJ Abrams and Damon Lindeloff, especially the guy on the other end of the phone -- kinda nervously nerdy, but hip and with strong Californian surfer accents or something. Kinda annoying and really fake in taking everything in stride. They don't feel real. The English woman was the best of the lot, and I'm glad she got the part instead of Kristin Bell.

It feels like such a cheat to just add characters like that and one with an ability like that guy. Why would the ghost give the guy his money? Wouldn't it be upset he's ripping off his mother? Ridiculous. Feels very derivative and a waste of time.

Also, the way characters needlessly hide the truth from one another seems needless. Locke could get rid of so much distrust if he just talked to his group and explained his reasoning. Same with Ben.

I initially thought the ending for Season 3 was fantastic and I quite enjoyed the Season 4 premiere, but, the more I think about it, the more I realize they're probably recreating the same dynamic they had for 3 years of hero-defining guilt driving the characters; it's a cliche that heroes feel guilt; it's psychologically unhealthy and often people choose to do bad things and feel guilty instead of doing the right thing.

The writers could have done something amazing, but it just feels so-so, especially this last episode. Better than the start of Season 3, but not the honed quality I wanted, just a lot of cliche theatrics.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier

I agree Muldfield, the Ghostbusters thing was kind of lame. But they've had ghosts, or whatever the hell they are, appearing since Season 1, and at least they're finally going to have someone on the island who may be able to scientifically answer some of those questions.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:57 AM   #209
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld
I feel pretty disappointed. The only part I really liked was Ben revealing stuff at the end. The people who parachuted in seem like cousins of JJ Abrams and Damon Lindeloff, especially the guy on the other end of the phone -- kinda nervously nerdy, but hip and with strong Californian surfer accents or something. Kinda annoying and really fake in taking everything in stride. They don't feel real. The English woman was the best of the lot, and I'm glad she got the part instead of Kristin Bell.

It feels like such a cheat to just add characters like that and one with an ability like that guy. Why would the ghost give the guy his money? Wouldn't it be upset he's ripping off his mother? Ridiculous. Feels very derivative and a waste of time.

Also, the way characters needlessly hide the truth from one another seems needless. Locke could get rid of so much distrust if he just talked to his group and explained his reasoning. Same with Ben.

I initially thought the ending for Season 3 was fantastic and I quite enjoyed the Season 4 premiere, but, the more I think about it, the more I realize they're probably recreating the same dynamic they had for 3 years of hero-defining guilt driving the characters; it's a cliche that heroes feel guilt; it's psychologically unhealthy and often people choose to do bad things and feel guilty instead of doing the right thing.

The writers could have done something amazing, but it just feels so-so, especially this last episode. Better than the start of Season 3, but not the honed quality I wanted, just a lot of cliche theatrics.
Man, you are so one demensional... It's so funny. You try and go deep with all these fairly surface shows, but yet you can't figure anything out with shows like this...
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 AM   #210
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

I thought the idea was:

He comes in and says "sorry to hear about your son/grandson? being murdered" then proceeds to go ghostbust. Implication being, the granny/mom might not/probably didn't have any idea the ghost is her son.

We know that he was gonna spook the ghost out of the house, because that's his gig. He's goes in there and the ghost says something to the effect of 'I'm trying to get my mother to come up here and find this money' so he says 'tell me where it is so you can go' (whatever he said, the transcripts aren't up yet), so he takes the money and he steals it, gives her a slight cut and calls it a refund. When he walked downstairs, he was in a hurry to get the fuck out, was he not? The ghost might not have thought he was gonna keep ?I only saw it once.

I think the point was to show that he was a psychic and a crook.
At the least, a dubious guy.

I dunno, I just read an episode review that had some 'quotes', although they may have been paraphrased as well, I could be pretty off base. Whatever it was, I was well sick of backstories by Season 4, now here comes more.

Give me flash forwards, you sunsabitches!!!!

I also agree that they need to sharpen the script to the point where obvious questions and statements don't just go casually unasked or unsaid.

Tags
lost