MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol? - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2003, 10:20 AM   #241
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:53 PM
I voted for the first time last night-for K Locke. If she's in the bottom three again It was busy about 7 times, finally got through..

And my random AI complaint-if Randy says "dawg" one more time, I swear

Old 04-16-2003, 10:44 AM   #242
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The bottom three:

Carmen
Kim C
Trenyce

Trenyce doesn't deserve to be there, but it ain't gonna be Josh, Clay or Reuben and I think (hope?) that Kim L's excellent performance last night was enough to keep her safe. As for who's getting the boot, despite Carmen's incredible suckitude (and the fact that Simon is FINALLY acknowledging it), I think Kim C will be the one to go. She's been pretty weak the past two weeks and she's just not up to the level of most of the people left. And, more importantly, she doesn't have Carmen's massive fan base.

Randomly, my roomate watched the recaps at the end of the show and she said Clay was her favorite.

Old 04-16-2003, 11:02 AM   #243
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 04:53 PM
It's funny how most of us here agree on who is good and who is not... so why I ask, why is Kim. L. always in the bottom three? I really like her and just think that both her and her voice are beautiful.

Still love Rueben, still love Clay. I thought Josh really kicked ass last night.

Carmen is a joke and makes me cringe. She's gotta go. FAST.

Kim C. is pretty, but has no range... she's just not good enough to be there anymore. And Trenyce? well... she's not my cup of tea but the girl can sing. I have to agree with Simon and see her as a cabaret singer. Don't think that is necesarily a negative comment... it just means she won't win this competition.

Should be interesting tonight.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:05 PM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

spinninghead77, I guess it's a big city. Maybe we met in one of the GA lines at some point? I usually can't make it to the Elevation shows because I work saturday nights in the ER (although I've been temporarily liberated by virtue of SARS).

Down with Carmen! (<--- Attempt to stay on topic).
Old 04-16-2003, 01:01 PM   #245
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

anitram, maybe you could come to one of the Friday shows then? It's too bad I don't work at the East General anymore....all their fundraisers get to work from home while SARS is on! *jealous*

Anyway...back to the discussion, I am so glad that Clay finally did an upbeat tune, because I was getting a bit tired of the ballads. I like him better doing upbeat tunes in a way, it's so cute. Ruben is definitely the most consistent so far....although he does give every song more or less the same treatment.

Carmen definitely did her most horrible performance last night....and Kim C is too one dimentional. I have to admit though, the outfit she (Kim C) wore last week was beautiful and tasteful.

Kim L is definitely my favourite female singer, I think she's amazing. It's kind of too bad there can't be one male and one female winner.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:39 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Carmen's gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Reuben, but I agree with Simon. He needs to do something besides the "Barry White thing" all the time.
If Kim L gets the boot, the whole thing is rigged.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:32 PM   #247
The Fly

What in the world possessed people to call in and vote for Carmen after her brutal performance last night? BAH!!
Old 04-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #248
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I can't believe Carmen didn't get the boot!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-16-2003, 10:13 PM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Unfortunately, I can. For some bizarre reason, she has a relatively large, albeit clearly deaf, fanbase.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:47 PM   #250
New Yorker

Carmen's is this year's Nikki. We all asked how the f did she get that far and we'll be doing the same with Carmen.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:53 PM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Carmen should've been kicked off. She's not getting better.

Unless she can really wow everyone next week with her performance, she should be kicked off soon.

Kimberly C deserved to stay in the competition longer than Carmen did.

My mom said tonight that she thinks Josh is getting a little full of himself...I have to say I'm kind of beginning to agree with her. Anyone else see that or no?

Josh hasn't been getting better in his performances, either-I really liked him at the beginning of the competition, but lately his performances overall have been...eh. He should've been in the bottom three tonight (seriously, if people are voting for him merely because he's a Marine-that's not right, that's the wrong reason to vote for someone-this is supposed to be based on their talent).

By the way, I sincerely hope that those people don't sing that "I'm Proud To Be An American" song again...I really hate that song...

Angela
Old 04-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #252
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
By the way, I sincerely hope that those people don't sing that "I'm Proud To Be An American" song again...I really hate that song...

Angela
Oh, thank you for saying that! That song....*shudder* I am so sick of it! Just because a song boosts national pride...well, that doesn't mean it's actually good! And I'm not saying that because I'm not American...I just think it's a nauseating song.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge

Oh, thank you for saying that! That song....*shudder* I am so sick of it! Just because a song boosts national pride...well, that doesn't mean it's actually good! And I'm not saying that because I'm not American...I just think it's a nauseating song.
Woohoo! I'm not the only one who feels that way!

It's just such a lame, cheesy song...it's one of those songs that all these politicians will play during times of war and trouble to wave the patriotic flag and look like good Americans and all that...and that's just stupid-we can boost national pride without using a crappy song to do it.

Angela
Old 04-16-2003, 11:41 PM   #254
Blue Crack Addict

Josh looks like a smug, constipated ass, and they're pimping him like mad.

Carmen's a gonner next week now that Simon is on the K.Lo train of luuuuv.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:06 AM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

I can tell you precisely the one reason Carmen is this far:

She's a smokin' hottie. Plus the fact that she's not even a year older than me!