MERGED --> Did Anybody Else Watch American Idol? + Bono on Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josh could never hold a candle to Clay or Ruben.

Please, for the love of god, just let him go tomorrow night once and for all.

Clay finally danced a little more tonight-Paula can sleep better. :).

I'm not a Bee Gees fan, but most of them made the songs at least somewhat tolerable to listen to. Overall, not bad.

Angela

YellowKite said:
So I am watching Idol and I catch a glimpse of this freakishly familar face. It appears to be . . . Bono?! on American Idol?! Nnnnoooooo.

So behind Randy Jackson is this man who generally resembles Bono but it was enough to freak me out and to look for him the next judge go around.

Anyone else agree?

Maybe it was the glasses?! The hair was longer than I knew it had been of late and the features a little sharper - but of course this was on second look. As I said - the first pass was a double take.

lol.. I think he did resemble Bono.. except for that white ass hair.

I'm going to merge this with the American Idol thread...

My thoughts on last night's show:

BeeGees kick ass! A couple weeks ago, the hubby said, " They need to get one of the BeeGees on here and sing their songs." He was screaming at me like a little girl from the living room to hurry up and come see the show because one of the BeeGees was the guest judge. :lol: Ah, husbands.

Yes, there was a major Bono wannabe sitting behind the first judge. His white hair kept freaking me out!

Clay is far and away the most talented. We were blown away by his first song. I liked the second one too. I think Clay could easily have a reputation as a crooner, so I thought it was a smart idea to show that he can have fun and risk what the judges might say.

As you can tell, Clay is mon favori by a long shot. As long as he wins, I don't much care who gets voted off tonight. Not to say that the others aren't talented as well. Tonight should be interesting!

clay was excellent yes, but i have this bad feeling he or kimberly might get voted off if josh doesnt:angry:

Josh should definitely go. His singing has been terrible and man, I want that smug face off my TV. But I'm worried that his inexplicably huge fanbase will keep him in and that Kim, who wasn't at her best last night, will get kicked off instead. We'll see, I guess.

We'll I guess I'm in the minority here and think Kimberly should be voted off before Josh.

I like Josh, but I don't think he should win. I think Ruben should be 2nd and Clay should win it all.

He is really great. We need a new male crooner in music.

Not to say that I don't think Ruben has a recording contract waiting for him once this all is over!

I'd love to see Clay win it all, but I also think he's got such a powerful voice that he'd be great on Broadway.

*thinks of Clay singing "Music of the Night"*

Now THAT would be awesome! :yes:

I think that all four of these finalists could make it big whether they win or not. Surely somebody in Nashville has plans for Josh, Kimberley and Ruben would do well in the pop/r&b/soul music biz (depending on what they like to sing), and Clay would do well in pop music or musicals.

Clay did an excellent job on his first song. Other than that, everything else was just okay. I have been a big fan of Kimberly's, but I didn't think she was that great last night. Noboby else blew me away.

I have been cheating on Interference with the American Idol forum. A few people over there have mentioned that a few other contestants (Julia, Ricky) both had their best performance's the night before they were voted off. Perhaps this will happen to Josh.

Oktobergirl.... I am with you. I think that Clay is terrific :), and I loved his red leather motercycle jacket. I wonder if he will let me borrow it.

That bono guy was weird. I kept waiting for Randy to talk so I could try to figure out who/what he was. He had a bonoesque nose too. WEIRD!!

Ryan Adams just posted this at his message board...

Subject: I AM JOINING THE ARMY-I QUIT

"I want to be like Josh from Meriacn Idol. "Hello. I am te redneck singer with a souther accent frrom......(punch-line)....massachutes, (sp?),,,,,,,,,,,,,,wooooooo...come in breaker 5 76....hello..."

:lmao:

Now he just posted this one...

Subject: CLAY from mericans idol- I QUIT IM BACK I QUIT

"he holds everybodys hqand but hews thining 'fuck you all. im going to win. now........im going to close my eyes tight and make that face like i just had a good pee....it means thanks but the voices are telling mee fucke evcerybody i am going to win "............and that is why I quit."

:ohmy: :lmao:

Angel said:
:eyebrow: that dude needs to lay off the booze............

I think he had commented that he was smokin' something. A member of his band was posting too, and he told Ryan to put the bong down. :laugh:

I don't usually watch the "voting off" shows because Dawson's Creek is on at the same time. :reject:

Are they always so dramatic? I thought Josh's wife looked like something truly tragic had happened. And what was up with Clay? He looked really upset during the 30 seconds I watched.

:laugh: at Ryan Adams and his bandmate. Crazy kids!

Back
Top Bottom