MERGED --> David Blaine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
David Blaine...WHY DO IT?

Source: Yahoo News
Date: August 23rd, 2003

LONDON - For his latest trick, magician David Blaine will try to last more than six weeks without food in a plastic box suspended high over central London.

Starting Sept. 5, Blaine will live in a plastic box 7 feet long, 7 feet deep and 3 feet wide for 44 days without food or contact with the outside world, a representative said Thursday.

The street magician-turned-endurance performer previously spent 35 hours standing atop a 100-foot-tall pole and three days encased in ice. Both of those stunts took place in New York City.

Unlike the feats performed by his hero, Harry Houdini, this latest challenge for Blaine won't be to escape, but to survive. All he'll have in the box is a tube for water and a tube for urine.

But he'll also have a good view of London. The box will be suspended 40 feet high from a crane next to the River Thames and near the historic Tower Bridge.

The entire event will be televised and streamed live on the Web, but Blaine's feat won't be considered a world record attempt, a spokeswoman said.

The 30-year-old said performing the stunt will give him a chance to search for his "truths."

6 weeks without food :eyebrow:

London??

Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins...LONDON!

Back on topic David Blaine is a sorcerer and will be alive at the end of it all.

yertle-the-turtle said:
London??

Yes, London. You know: fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary fucking Poppins...LONDON!

:eeklaugh:

Why put yourself through that?

Hehe...and then he'll be filmed eating the Snickers bar and his world record attempt will be over! No, wait, he's not trying to break a world record: he's just doing it for...um...why is he doing it again?

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Hehe...and then he'll be filmed eating the Snickers bar and his world record attempt will be over! No, wait, he's not trying to break a world record: he's just doing it for...um...why is he doing it again?

"to search for his truths"

:wave:

This guy freaks me out sometimes. And all his "stunts" are weird, and just shows how crazy he is.

Has anyone seen him levitate? He does that! I've seen him do it on TV! He's out in the street with no wires or anything! Absolutely freaky! :yikes: :crazy:

This guy's wacky.

Perle

Last edited:
Yeah, David Blaine gives me the creeps.

Magic isn't fun when you spend the whole time thinking the dude must have sold his soul. :eyebrow:

Whatever happened to David Copperfield and making the Statue of Liberty disappear?

I think some time at the end of week one, the good people of London should have a nice big barbeque underneath his little box. Yes, after one week should do it nicely. Nothing like the smell of bbq'ing onions to get the old appetite working even if you aren't hungry!

the London thing is from Guy Ritchie's Snatch...couldn't resist using it.

I've seen someone do the levitation trick...not much to it. it's more or less an illusion of light.

David Blaine

does he really look like Craig David?

blaine.jpg

gallery2.jpg

nah. curse stupid magazines who write mr. blaine is a 'craig david lookalike'.

David Blaine is one creepy fuck.

He makes David Copperfield look like a 13 year old pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

His levitation act is crazy.

Remember, he is an illusionist, you will see him go into the box and come out, but what happens in between is of question.

The block of ice thing was a trick.

If you put two blocks of ice together the way he did, you do not get a drop in temperature.

I actually am one of the freaks who consider David Blaine an amazing performer...his mental and physical tests are quite astonishing..whatever the reason he does it...could be money, could be media attention, could be crazy....but it is definitely interesting..and I always watch....

Back
Top Bottom