MERGED --> David Blaine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he really is staying in the box for 6 weeks, and it's not some kind of trick, he should be fairly insane when he comes out. Humans are social beings that need to be around others or they start to go crazy. Add this to the fact that he'll probably have nothing to entertain himself with in there and being starved, and you're just asking to lose your marbles. I've spent maybe 3 or 4 days with no human contact before and it starts to make you weird, plus i had food, tv, ect. If he's not nuts by the time he gets out of there I won't believe he was really in the box.

I had an uncle that didn't eat or have contact with people for 8 weeks, of course he was in a coma.

Seriously how would one survive without food for that long? The rest of it I could do. I think I could not have access to people or certain other things for that long, but your body needs certain nutrients to survive and needs to release certain things...

I like Angela's BBQ idea. That would be fun!!! :lmao:

Will this box have clear panels? Will people be able to see him? It has to be a trick of some sort. :eyebrow:

David Blaine

:lmao:

david Blaine

:laugh::laugh:

heres the thing, if he doesnt look any thinner in 6 weeks then hes a fuckin hallucination of our dreams, and is not real, just this big old hillbilly fart that likes to throw cards at cameras and elevate into the air through might powerful flatulance powerfarts that ricochet off the pavement and back onto his arse thus giving him that lift!

:mad:

Last edited:
So Ill jsut bump this thread up rather than starting a new one......

Is anyone going to see him enter his box live on tv tonight?? (Im not im off to the pub/ disco :drunk: )

Imo I dont think he'll do it or if he will he will be very ill

_39301654_blaine.gif

I think he is :coocoo:

Oh, here is a little news story if you care to read it :wave:

Blaine prepares for starvation stunt

Illusionist David Blaine is making the final preparations for his latest stunt, which will see him encased in a plastic box over the River Thames.
Blaine will enter the box on Friday night, planning to spend 44 days suspended beside the London river.

During that time he will go without food and will only have access to water fed through a tube.

The stunt will be televised on Channel 4 and Sky One - including live coverage throughout the entire 44 days on Sky.

The Perspex box Blaine will be calling home measures just 7ft by 7ft by 3 ft (2.1m by 2.1m by 0.9m) and will be suspended by a crane near to Tower Bridge.

The stunt is the latest in a series of bizarre challenges the US magician has set himself.

In 2000, Blaine spent 61 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds encased in a 6-tonne block of ice in New York's Times Square.

And, in 1999 he was buried six feet down under a glass tank filled with water for a week, being fed just four tablespoons of water a day.

Health check

During his latest challenge he will attempt to stay without food for more than six weeks, with no communication or distractions.

The box will contain trickling water and a tube for him to urinate - by which doctors will be able to assess his health.

Blaine said he weighed 205 lb (93 kg), having begun an added glucose diet, and expected to lose about 45 lb (20 kg) during more than six weeks without food.

Record-keepers at Guinness have already said his stunt will not qualify as a world record because it would not surpass records previously set.

The Guinness members also said they would not want to be seen actively to encourage anyone to starve themselves.

Sky One will show live coverage of Blaine's entry into the box on Friday evening, with Channel 4 showing the footage three days later.

His exit is due to be shown live on Sky One on 19 October and on Channel 4 the following day.

Last edited:
He cut out a chunk of his ear in an interview the other day didn't he? :scratch:

Well I might go and look at him on the 5th week! :laugh:

I dont think he actually cut it out I think it was a stunt to stir up some media frenzy, I rmemeber readina bout it last week

I also think I need a trip to London sometime too :hmm:

South Park
Episode #68- The Super Best Friends
First aired- July 4, 2001

blaine_southpark.jpg

Street magician David Blaine is in South Park performing magic tricks and promoting his workshop. The boys are anxious to sign up and learn magic tricks; instead they are pitched on Blaine-tology and are pitched an opportunity to attend a camp, where they can learn so much more. The workshop and camp are actually a front for a cult. The boys find themselves sucked in; only Stan begins to have second thoughts and tries to leave. He tries to get Kyle to leave with him, but Kyle's been sucked in. Stan leaves, but his friendship with Kyle has been ruined.

As Blaine-tologists, Kyle and Cartman go door to door, trying to recruit more members. As an ex-member Stan is being hassled, he goes to seek the help of Jesus. Blaine eats his own head at a performance in Denver, and then Jesus challenges him on stage. Jesus' attempts to match Blaine's magic are primitive at best. He decides he needs to call on his friends, "The Super Best Friends". Meanwhile, back at the camp, Blaine's application for tax-exempt status has been rejected by the government. In retaliation the Blaine-tologists are going to march on Washington, DC and commit a mass suicide.

Kyle and Jesus arrive at the Hall of Super Best Friends. Stan meets some of the "Super Best Friends": Buddha, Mohammad, Krishna, Joseph Smith, Lao Tzu and Sea Man. Meanwhile, back at camp, Kyle has second thoughts and considers escaping, but Cartman sells him out. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Super Best Friends, the "Super Best Friends" and Stan detect the movement of the cult towards Washington and the implication if they actually got tax-exempt status; they would actually become a real religion. In Washington, DC, the cult members plan to drown themselves in the reflecting pool, which is only about 6 inches deep.

The "Super Best Friends" and Stan arrive on the scene. Stan looks for Kyle while the "Super Best Friends" take on the cult. Then they must face Blaine himself. Blaine brings the Lincoln Memorial statue to life, forcing the "Super Best Friends" to consult their computer back at base named Moses. Moses recommends that they create a giant stone John Wilkes-Booth to combat Lincoln. Wilkes-Booth shoots Lincoln in the back of the head and Kyle and the other cult members are saved, but when all is said and done, Blaine escapes, promising the "Super Best Friends" that he will be back.

The Guinness members also said they would not want to be seen actively to encourage anyone to starve themselves.

so even the guinness book of world records is afraid of being sued? :lol:

I can't believe you guys are all believing this stuff, remember he is an ILLUSIONIST which means he is a king of making you think he is actually doing it. You actually think he is gonna sit in there for 6 weeks without food ?

He's like a minute from where i live, seriously. I saw the crane last night on my way home. :lol: I haven't gone to look today though. I'm going between 'this is so dumb, i can't justify by going to look' and 'but it's just right there, i want to go laugh at him'... :hmm:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
South Park
Episode #68- The Super Best Friends
First aired- July 4, 2001

blaine_southpark.jpg

My ice breath should make good work of him.

that is lame

I used to do 30 hour famine fund raisers

with water I could go 40 odd days easy!! even if in a box.

I think this is his worst stunt EVER

I spent over a month unable to eat...got down to 119 pounds (which isn't much for being 5'10...unless you're a model :p) but it wasn't voluntary...

I'm now of the opinion that this is a :censored: sick spectacle. First, my neighborhood has turned into a madhouse. It took me 5 minutes to walk down some stairs to get to my flat b/c of all the people. And everyone's like 'oh, maybe he's died already!' Ok, it's sick. Sick. I seriously felt ill looking at that box. I couldn't even stop. Let's go watch some people who can't afford to eat for days, then give them the proceeds. :mad:

disclaimer: i've had a :censored: day...so i'm a bit :rant:. But I still find it sick now.

Yeah, I think it's pretty sick too. Apparently the World Records people have said he can't apply to hold the World Record because they refuse to encourage people to starve themselves. It's just weird all round. :(

update

ok, update on my thoughts on this whole thing...seeing as i walk past david blaine to get to the tube whenever i leave here, i'm accepting that he's going to have to be my new friend i have to deal with that. ;)
actually, today i didn't feel as offended as yesterday - more amused actually. He was streching, standing up, etc - totally showing off - shirtless - for the huge crowd of people. It was ridiculous to the point of being funny. Anyway, it's still annoying because the crowd screams when he goes to sleep to try to wake him up, and i'm tryign to write a dissertation here. I can hear it whenever my windows are open. :mad:
It's still sort of funny to me now. Still offensive, but i'm not nearly as angry about it as I was yesterday...

Id love to see him shirtless in October - its going to be freezing then - its getting chilly already!

Back
Top Bottom