MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 03:38 AM
I have only just been introduced to Coldplay and just picked up their CD this week. I really really like it, I'm totally impressed.

Next time their in my town , I will definitely be going!

They really seem to have something special.

Old 09-25-2002, 11:20 PM   #32
War Child

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Very special. I'd love to see them live. IMO, A Rush Of Blood is the best album since The Joshua Tree. I'm serious. No, really. I mean it. Seriously.

"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 09-25-2002, 11:58 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey U2One! I didn't know you were going to the show! I was there too with my friend Kristie. We were on the floor in the second row in front of Chris. Allow me to agree with you that it was a FREAKING AWESOME CONCERT. Shiver. Everything's Not Lost. In My Place. Green Eyes. Hell, everything. There was not a weak spot in the show. And Chris Martin is such a wonderful, charmismatic, and incredibly energetic frontman. I'd seriously say this is the best show I've ever seen besides U2.

As for the energy of the crowd, I think there was a really good energy on the floor. It was just really hard to move cause we'd been standing in the same spot since we came in and our (or at least my) feet and back were really sore. But I think we were all feeling it, anyway.

After the show Kristie and I hung around to wait for the band to come out. It took awhile, but they did and we got to talk to and get a pic with Chris, who is just the nicest guy ever.

I posted about this in more detail in this thread, for anyone who wants to read :

http://forum.interference.com/showth...threadid=65209

COLDPLAY
Old 09-26-2002, 01:41 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:38 AM

Congrats on meeting Chris, Kristie!

It sounds like all the concerts were awesome- I wish I could've gone.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:06 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey. Does anyone here know if there are people who record Coldplay shows and/or where I could get my hands on a copy of the show I went to? Cause I'd really like to have one. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any info.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:48 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:38 AM

Yeah, I'm looking for Coldplay bootlegs too. Anyone?
Old 09-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Actually, I found someone at this Coldplay message board who recorded the show and who might make me a copy. No word from him yet, though...

As for bootlegs in general, you should go post there to see if anyone has any (I'm sure they do) and is willing to give you a few. I have no idea if they will since I just started posting there yesterday but the people there seem pretty nice and it's always worth a shot: http://coldplay.artscience.net
Old 09-28-2002, 02:12 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
Hey U2One! I didn't know you were going to the show! I was there too with my friend Kristie.
three days later, I mosey on in here...
it was absolutely freakin FABULOUS
I sort of passively liked them before I went but.. now...
Old 09-30-2002, 02:53 AM   #39
War Child

gina, please let me know if you're able to get a copy of the show.....i'd love to get a copy.....another thing, do you happen to know the setlist???? thanks!
Old 09-30-2002, 10:53 AM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2One
gina, please let me know if you're able to get a copy of the show.....i'd love to get a copy.....another thing, do you happen to know the setlist???? thanks!
I'll definetly let you know once I get a copy. And I really wish I knew the setlist. Somebody started a thread on the Coldplay board asking what it was, and the thread sunk like a rock. All I could think was, if this were a U2 board, 12 people would have replied at once with the setlist, and then the next 2 pages would have been lamentations over why ______ wasn't played and exultations of how awesome ______ is live. Ah, well. I guess I'll find out when I get a copy of the show...
Old 10-01-2002, 10:40 AM   #41
New Yorker

if anyone is an AOL member with a Broadband connection there is a video from the Coldplay show in Boston at the Paradise Club on AOL music this week. Would be on Keyword: Broadband Rocks.....its effing sweet so so far
Old 10-01-2002, 05:08 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes
Actually, I found someone at this Coldplay message board who recorded the show and who might make me a copy. No word from him yet, though...

As for bootlegs in general, you should go post there to see if anyone has any (I'm sure they do) and is willing to give you a few. I have no idea if they will since I just started posting there yesterday but the people there seem pretty nice and it's always worth a shot: http://coldplay.artscience.net
Thanks. I actually am a member of the Coldplay MB, but haven't posted in a while. Time to go back.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:43 PM   #43
Refugee

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DiGi
if anyone is an AOL member with a Broadband connection there is a video from the Coldplay show in Boston at the Paradise Club on AOL music this week. Would be on Keyword: Broadband Rocks.....its effing sweet so so far
Thanks for this Digi! I've been watching it on and off.. very cool. too bad about the crappy reception i'm getting.

... .. concert.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:45 PM   #44
New Yorker

I downloaded the Paris show today using WinMX. (I actually have 3 tracks left to get - will have tomorrow) and then I will upload to Sicy's FTP for everyone. The show is awesome. Chris Martin doing a little Paris talk. Good level of crowd sing along on some of the songs.
Old 10-02-2002, 01:30 AM   #45
Kid A

they're a good, inspired live band, though not really a "rock" band