MERGED-->Coldplay Live-Please Post All Comments Here!! + live broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so here is how much my ears are tuned into Coldplay. i was baking some stuff this afternoon with my sister for my brother's wedding and in the living room HBO is on. Well as i am teaching my sister how to do this one recipe i hear the beginning of Yellow but only a few guitar strings and it was not a normal version i was used to. i stopped in mid sentence and turned around and yelled out "OH FUCK IT IS COLDPLAY ON HBO AND IT IS FROM THEIR PARACHUTES TOUR!!!!!" :combust: so i run to the living room, leave my sister in the kitchen and had a can of Crisco in my hand, found the remote turned on the TiVo and became a complete fool. :up: so there i am all excited because i saw their tour on HBO and my sister looked at me and said "oh you have it bad for him don't you!" :reject:

Last edited:
I see them tomorrow. :hyper:
A double concert with Live.
It should be excellent!
I have never seen them live.
The song I want to hear live most? Everything's Not Lost (love the singalong part)

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
It should be excellent!
The song I want to hear live most? Everything's Not Lost (love the singalong part)

C ya!

Marty

WOW ur very lucky!!! The everythings not lost singalong part was may favourite moment of the gig in London a couple of months back!!! Really gets the crowd going!

Have fun and tell allwhen u return ;)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
so here is how much my ears are tuned into Coldplay. i was baking some stuff this afternoon with my sister for my brother's wedding and in the living room HBO is on. Well as i am teaching my sister how to do this one recipe i hear the beginning of Yellow but only a few guitar strings and it was not a normal version i was used to. i stopped in mid sentence and turned around and yelled out "OH FUCK IT IS COLDPLAY ON HBO AND IT IS FROM THEIR PARACHUTES TOUR!!!!!" :combust: so i run to the living room, leave my sister in the kitchen and had a can of Crisco in my hand, found the remote turned on the TiVo and became a complete fool. :up: so there i am all excited because i saw their tour on HBO and my sister looked at me and said "oh you have it bad for him don't you!" :reject:

correction to my above post:

this was not the full parachutes concert. only a few songs from their live performance in Phili back in 2001. There were several other bands such as Remy Zero that were also showcased on this special. Anyway the show on HBO is called "Reverb" it featured 3 bands performing back in 2001. the first song was Shiver that I heard not Yellow. :reject: :eek: how dare i make a big mistake like that. ;)

Hey Celia!

Im seeing Coldplay at V2003 too! Cant wait to see them again.....I saw them for 2nd time last october at Wembley Arena and the gig was great! I first saw them when they supported U2 in Slane which was also supported by Red Hot Chili Peppers. How ironic is it that Im seeing them again together at V2003 (tho on seperate days) so its gonna be fecking fantastic! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:D

dougal

Popmartijn said:
It should be excellent!

C ya!

Marty

and, how did youl ike it??

i was there as well. pity it rained so much but most of the gigs were great. nada surf were excellent (as to be expected). supergrass started of a little slow (not too energetic), but did come into it and the last couple of songs were great. coldplay were fantastic. i saw them almost a year ago so i knew what to expect. nevertheless, really, really superb band!!
live; well, what can i say, some of the older songs are very good, but most of the (newer) songs really don't do it for me. some of them sounded like bon jovi and others like they would make for a great contestant in the eurovision song contest. that is not a compliment. all in all a terrific day!

Flaming Friar Sr said:
and, how did you like it??

i was there as well. pity it rained so much but most of the gigs were great.

I had a great day yesterday. But the rain... I think you all know the U2 at Red Rocks video. Remember the rain before that concert? Well, that was just a small drizzle compared to the ocean of water that came out of the sky yesterday.

nada surf were excellent (as to be expected). supergrass started of a little slow (not too energetic), but did come into it and the last couple of songs were great.

Don't know Nada Surf that well. I only knew their hit Popular, which they didn't play. Oh well, it was quite good what they were playing (although my sister didn't like them that much). You're right about Supergrass. Tellingly, it appeared the crowd got more enthousiastic just after the (small) storm that was unleashed halfway through their set. BTW, I think they can better change their name to The Animals as most of them looked like Baboons (and the drummer drums just like Animal from The Muppets :) ).

coldplay were fantastic. i saw them almost a year ago so i knew what to expect. nevertheless, really, really superb band!!

This was the first time I saw Coldplay. It was indeed very good, they have great songs. And Chris was also on good form addressing the crowd (introducing Trouble as 'a song about playing a concert when it's raining') and dancing like mad on the stage (he's probably in competition with Michael Stipe :D). Still, I thought the spark was absent. It might have to do with the drizzling rain, the crowd (as there were also a lot of people who went specifically to see Live) or where I was standing (next to the sound/light tower). Nevertheless, they made me long for more. Next time they play the Netherlands (on their own) I definately want to go again! :up:

live; well, what can i say, some of the older songs are very good, but most of the (newer) songs really don't do it for me. some of them sounded like bon jovi and others like they would make for a great contestant in the eurovision song contest. that is not a compliment. all in all a terrific day!

I agree with your take on Live. But it was nice to see how grateful he is playing the Netherlands (mentioning their new record went gold in its first week, they got their first #1 single worldwide here with Overcome, etc.)

Yes, it was indeed a terrific day. Not even the rain could ruin that.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Just for the record, for the past few weeks the weather was beautiful here in the Netherlands. But when I got my day off and went to see the bands the rain came down. I think they want me to go working again... :|

Popmartijn said:
BTW, I think they can better change their name to The Animals as most of them looked like Baboons (and the drummer drums just like Animal from The Muppets :) ).

haha, you're right on.

Popmartijn said:
Still, I thought the spark was absent. It might have to do with the drizzling rain, the crowd (as there were also a lot of people who went specifically to see Live) or where I was standing (next to the sound/light tower).

ahw, we should have waived, i was not far from the right side of that tower.:wave:
about the absent spark, i agree to a certain level. i saw them in the heineken music hall as well and that night was a bit more 'magical'. i agree it probably suffered from the rain and - probably moreso - from all those live fans. not a great crowd.

dougal55 said:
Hey Celia!

Im seeing Coldplay at V2003 too! Cant wait to see them again.....I saw them for 2nd time last october at Wembley Arena and the gig was great! I first saw them when they supported U2 in Slane which was also supported by Red Hot Chili Peppers. How ironic is it that Im seeing them again together at V2003 (tho on seperate days) so its gonna be fecking fantastic! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :drool: :drool: :drool:

dougal

GREAT!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing the CHILI PEPPERS as well!!

Well not long now...jut over a month and we will be jumping around!!!! :applaud:

souLnation2002 said:
has anyone seen GPASOYF yet? It's so classy! I :heart: it!

click here for video!

crap i have to wait til i get home cause the computer at work won't play it. :sad:

but thanks so much for posting the link. :up:

Just saw the God Put a Smile video. Interesting...

High points:
Hot shots of Chris, who is bopping around with real swagger
The guitar player (Guy?) is playing a Danelectro! Looked like a U3 to me... :drool:

MVD - well I put in for the raffle, but then they asked for a CC - so to be honest, until I get my bill I am not sure. However, the letter that came along said I won.

I tried to set up a trade for Red Rocks, Cleveland and Toronto not long ago, but the guy I tried to trade with was not interested in anything I had. How he was not interested in any U2, PJ or Starsailor shows is beyond me.

Long story short, no not yet, but now that my summer of weddings is winding down and I do not have anymore CD's to make for them, I should be able to set up some trades soon.

I'll keep you posted.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:ohmy: so you won it from the coldplay site?

See that is what I am not sure about. Saturday a piece of mail arrived from the UK -- I was looking at it thinking to myself "what the hell is this, I got all the CD's I ordered". There was no invoice for the item included in the box. I did submit to them my cc -- but i never received any email confirmation of purchase or shipping.

I am going to go ahead and think that i won it

DiGi said:
my God Put a Smile on your Face Singles just arrived today. listening now.

Singles?
I thought there was only one version of this single (with Murder as B-side).

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Before I pushed the Reply button I quickly checked Soundworld. Indeed, Australia has again an exclusive version with 2 added live tracks. I think I'm going to order that one (and see if the Aus. Clocks version is available)

Back
Top Bottom