MERGED ----> ALL Discussion of JET's "Shine On"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Jet's New Album Has Leaked.....Apparently...

I've spotted this on mininova just now (and there's no seeder!) and someones posted on the LastFM Jet page that it has leaked..

Proabably not the greatest place to ask, but anyone else managed to get it?

That's the only instance of it I can find on any torrent site. I'll be right back, doing some checking on private trackers.

EDIT: Got it, give me a few minutes....it's not a torrent yet.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
That's the only instance of it I can find on any torrent site. I'll be right back, doing some checking on private trackers.

EDIT: Got it, give me a few minutes....it's not a torrent yet.

Thanks You! :sexywink:

Whenever an album "leak" is mentioned, the wind cries... Olestra.

:shh:

JET- Shine On

Is anyone pumped about JET's new album coming out this on the 3rd? I certainly am. While JET isn't the most diverse band musically speaking, I do enjoy their sound and their first single "Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is" is a good rocker. Any thoughts?

I think it's better than Get Born. Great rocksongs like Come on Come, Holiday and That's all lies.

This is a very good album! But hey, we've waited for 3 years!

The four or five songs I heard from get Born bored the shite out of me. Are You Gonna Be My Girl made me cringe everytime I heard it.

That said, I've heard Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. I don't mind it, it's short and sweet. And I heard there is some massive Oasis-influence featured on Shine On so maybe they've improved.

It boils down to a difference of opinion, really, and it's all good. If you enjoy Jet, then at least that means there's one person whose ears they've not raped and pillaged. BUT...! What I mean to say is that I find it strange and kind of funny that what is for once person an example of poor judgement and unreliability on the 'Fork's part is, for another, one of the most perfect, shining examples of how they can sometimes be magnificently right about something. I don't want to bash on Jet or anything, because I know that they already get plenty of guff for their music...this is just me smiling at how subjective it all is, in the end. I mean, honestly--when Get Born came out and I read their review, I was like, "Well, maybe there's hope for Pitchfork, after all...!"

I love how divisive Pitchfork can be, and I admit that I find it sort of embarrassing how much I claim to hate those fools, only to fall back on them for support when (ie, Jet) it's convenient for me. I think everybody does this with Rolling Stone, too...

where's u2fan2004! when we need him??

surely he'd have something great to offer here...

i reccommend JET -Shine On

I got Jet new album Shine on last week and just thought i would post this to reccommend it to anyone. Its a great album with some brilliant tracks like Shine On and Kings Horses.

Back
Top Bottom