Mad Men II: A Man For All Seasons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got through seasons 1-4 on Netflix the last couple weeks, and it wasn't til I was faced with the prospect of being done with it vs obtaining season five where I realized how much I really liked the show. So I watched season five and I'm all caught up, and I still can pinpoint what I enjoy about it other than its just some well-done entertainment.

mad-men-21.jpg

From Damon Lindelof's Twitter:

BREAKING NEWS. SUPREME COURT rules 5-4 -- Draper IS alone!!!

I don't follow the guy, but a friend retweeted today. Though I love his account description: "I'm one of the idiots behind LOST. And no, I don't understand it either."

RE - Those visuals, unlike The Walking Dead, this show doesnt blow its budget in the first 2 episodes of the entire series

The Walking Dead suffered the worst dip in quality from 1 series to the next, the budget might have contributed

The Virginia Slims plot line is rich for exploration, impossible to pass up on a show as obsessed with gender as Mad Men is.

I wish they would kill off Betty Francis. Such a miserable character and (from what I've heard) not to far off the mark from J.J. herself. And, if Season 5, showed us anything, it's that Betty really isn't integral to "Mad Men" anymore. The show was just as great as always without her.

I'm in the minority here but I hope in the next season Joan reunites with Lane so she could "give him what he wanted." I've lost respect for the character and the actress.

What does the actress have to do with the direction of the storyline? She's supposed to refuse to play that one? She discussed it very well in an article I read online, might have been the Hollywood Reporter, can't remember for sure.

As for the character, that's the way it often went back then. As has already been discussed here.

I just threw in my subjective penny of C.H. just for the heck of it. That is a different subject all together, you're right.
Granted, though, that would be an excellent twist if SHE was the one who ends up jumping out the window during the opening credits. Cos' all this time we had been led to believe it was one of the men who would eventually do that. Joan being the least of the women one would expect at that!

Man, shotgun Betty was the best.

Random handjob Peggy is a close second (wouldn't that be a great action figure?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom