Mad Men II: A Man For All Seasons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are only four episodes left to go in season five

MM_MY_509_1107_0461.jpg

Ugh, really? That's a big bummer. I'd forgotten this was a short season.

... or have the others been this short? I'm having trouble keeping track of which shows go for how long.

The other seasons have just been 12 or so too, yes? I don't know why hearing there were only 4 left seemed so shocking. Ha.

Countdown to Roger's suicide* continues ......

* I'm just speculatin', I swear

"You know, I feel bad for you."
"I don't think about you at all."

Yes. This was a great Don moment. Reminded me of old school Don.

As if things weren't tough enough on Gaffer last week.

There are no words.

Ugh, really? That's a big bummer. I'd forgotten this was a short season.

... or have the others been this short? I'm having trouble keeping track of which shows go for how long.

Every season of Mad Men has had 13 episodes. This current one also has 13, according to IMDB.

It's just going so fast, I guess.

Same with Game of Thrones. I was amazed to realize the other week that this season is almost done. Damn.

Bonkers Betty back!

"You know, I feel bad for you."
"I don't think about you at all."

That's some cold shit.

Ah Betty. She's so miserable and horrible to her children. But I love her anyway.

As for Don, I don't know that I believe he "doesn't think about" him at all. I think he feels whathisnameagain breathing down his neck, coming up with better ideas than he has. Don had to put him in his place.

I have to say Megan and Don seem to be really strong. Were him and Betty ever like that? I think not--I mean the fact that Megan already knows about Anna and whatnot.

I agree. Ginsberg is the hot new talent and he's leaving Peggy I'm the dust. Don does think of him, but he can't say that he does.

Far Away Places is an absolutely knockout. Three terrific stories that all reveal something about their respective protagonists and forward their storylines significantly. I can't decide which part is my favorite...I do know that I really love how Don finally has a woman in his life who drags some kind of emotion out of him.

Peggy giving a handjob to some random guy was slightly out of character, and yet it wasn't. She's heading in the random handjob direction, but the random handjob still felt random in the context of this episode. She hasn't quite fallen far enough yet for me to buy it.

I let out quite the holler at Kinsey's appearance. Good god. :lol:

I'm not sure where all of this is going (other than my possibly Roger's suicide), and I find it all very unsettling.

I love it.

I let out quite the holler at Kinsey's appearance. Good god. :lol:

I'm not sure where all of this is going (other than my possibly Roger's suicide), and I find it all very unsettling.

I love it.
Why Roger? If we're guessing names for a suicide, Lane seems like he's in the deepest shit.

Roger's seemed like he's been kind of lost, with no place left in the firm, and he seems to be wrapping up his affairs a bit, so to speak. He made peace with Mona (more or less), he's been giving away money ... some other site mentioned the idea in their recap a few weeks ago, and it's stuck with me.

Spoiler for something that Matt Weiner said:

Someone's supposed to die this season. First I thought Pete, then Roger seemed likely ... although now with this week, it looks like it could be Lane as well. Maybe they're all red herrings.

Great episode. Though it strains credulity that anybody is going to be bending over a desk for Harry Crane anytime soon, no matter how much weight he's lost.

I love Don and Joan together, but if they were actually a couple it would probably ruin everything they have. Their scene last night was my favorite of this season.

corianderstem said:
Her having an ulterior motive eased that strain.

Maybe I was tired , but I couldn't quite forgive out what that motive was.

Or, rather, why and how doing what she did helped her further said unclear motive.

But it could be me. Sometimes I miss things

Irvine511 said:
Maybe I was tired , but I couldn't quite forgive out what that motive was.

Or, rather, why and how doing what she did helped her further said unclear motive.

But it could be me. Sometimes I miss things

I think that was the point. Harry almost immediately pointed out the flaw in her logic and she just slapped him. I think she sort of realized then that it made no sense.

I am seeing this quite differently.

It was best part of this episode. Who is Kinsey?
Someone looking for a cause? , looking for someone to love him?
What really matters in life?

His whole civil rights thing was about wanting to be needed, loved.
That he lands at Hare Krishna is not a stretch,

Who is Lakshmi? a former drug attic, prostitute, now true believer. She knows Crane is a skeptic and will try and pull Kinsey away, she also knows men and the power she has over them.
She manipulates Crane so she can destroy the friendship and any relationship he has with Kinsey. She knows that if Kinsey ever finds out about the office fling it will destroy him and she knows that Crane would not do that to Kinsey.

Crane comes out of this looking like a very decent, sympathetic character to me. Kinsey even says, I asked everybody for help and you were the only one that helped me. Kinsey is a little more fleshed out, and even more tragic.

All of this just underlines that letting Kinsey loose in favor of Ken...Cosgrove...Accounts was a bad idea. Paul is a fucking awesome character.

I'm glad Betty wasn't around to eat the scenery this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom