Loveladies, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, on top of all this, if I'm an egotistical douchebag and wish to only listen to my own original music on that Desert Island, why the fuck is it Screwy's job to tell me I'm out of line, especially when the songs are under different artist names on my coconut iPod?

I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

I also don't think you are an egotistical douchebag.

Yeah, I've gotten shit for that, and for having songs from film soundtracks, too. Ironically, the biggest advocate against me had songs from soundtracks, too, so go figure.

It should be about putting music you like onto 2 discs worth of space and trying to make it sound good together. When you've been in every contest, however, it makes sense to start trying to do more inventive things with your list after you've exhausted a fair amount of your more "favorite" songs, you know?

So now when it comes to that shit, I'll look at it two ways: subjectively and objectively. Liking the songs is ideal, but if you respect that someone has taken the time to put it altogether and it sounds good, even if you don't like it, credit should be due. Axver and I had tiffs about musical differences, but I think we've grown to at least respect each other's ability to make fun lists, even if we don't like the music, if that makes any sense.

I really hope I'm not a cause of anyone's DI troubles. Except for Screwy, I don't care at this point.

In the long run, yes, I do take into account how well it all sounds together, even if I didn't like a lot of songs on it. I mean, because, if I didn't like the songs, what else should I be looking at? If that makes sense.

Yes, the contest has been running for some time, and running out of favorite songs does happen, so I see your point.

But why make a big deal about using music from movies? I'll just come out and say it now then, I'm completely going to scrap my current play list. It was pretty much all music that I know or associate with certain movies. I got the idea while I was watching The Graduate, and I actually shaped a playlist after I watched Darjeeling. It was pretty great, though tere were four or five purly instrumentals, so I was probably going to scrap it anyways after you LM and PFan said three was probably your limit. But now that I hear this, just forget it. Is tehre anything anyone can do that no one will complain about *throws hands up*

Mostly this was just rambling, I'm not angry :)

I have to because it is against the rules, LemonMelon. It is that simple.

I also don't think you are an egotistical douchebag.

And I believe that it's perfectly within the spirit, if not letter, of the competition rules.

I said "if" I am an egotistical douchebag, but thank you. :lol:

This last one definitely wasn't my strongest entry, but a lot of people were complaining I didn't have a concept. I'm bowing out of future DI competitions, I think.

Lila, you were in my group that time, I think. I didn't like competing against you :sad:

I didn't like competing against you either. I was doomed from the start :wink:
I probably voted for you in certain rounds, and maybe Khan in others. We like similar artists.

And I agree with you as well bono_212. I just wanted to put together the 2 hours of music that I personally would want to hear on the Desert Island given the paramaters of the "game" :hug:

This last one definitely wasn't my strongest entry, but a lot of people were complaining I didn't have a concept. I'm bowing out of future DI competitions, I think.

Lila, you were in my group that time, I think. I didn't like competing against you :sad:

Yeah, I really liked your previous list and have always enjoyed your others. Hopefully you'll enter again next time.

Points Screwtape Has Yet to Address:

- Why these artists are not real, when the only requirement the rules lay out only call for a song posted on a Myspace.
- Why these artists are not real, when there is a creative force behind them in the same way that other artists are involved in multiple projects.
- Why his opinion is worth more than the person who wrote it (without alluding to some ridiculous accusation of ulterior motive).

More to come.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what is funnier.

1. Screwy's insanity
2. Everyone else trying to reason with his insanity

Seriously, this thread is the mentally handicapped equivalent of the fight scene from Heat

stupidposts9vj8lf.gif
:wink:

In the long run, yes, I do take into account how well it all sounds together, even if I didn't like a lot of songs on it. I mean, because, if I didn't like the songs, what else should I be looking at? If that makes sense.

Yes, the contest has been running for some time, and running out of favorite songs does happen, so I see your point.

But why make a big deal about using music from movies? I'll just come out and say it now then, I'm completely going to scrap my current play list. It was pretty much all music that I know or associate with certain movies. I got the idea while I was watching The Graduate, and I actually shaped a playlist after I watched Darjeeling. It was pretty great, though tere were four or five purly instrumentals, so I was probably going to scrap it anyways after you LM and PFan said three was probably your limit. But now that I hear this, just forget it. Is tehre anything anyone can do that no one will complain about *throws hands up*

Mostly this was just rambling, I'm not angry :)

Movies always influence how I make my lists, it's just the way it is. I'll never fault someone for doing the same thing, but yeah, someone's gonna bitch about something. If it's in a constructive manner, then I'll always welcome it, but if it's in the "HEY, YOU SUCK!" away, then fuck 'em.

I hope this bullshit doesn't discourage you from entering, since people have been and are being alienating from the contest already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom