LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... holy shit. :lol: I was totally surprised by that, and loved it. I too thought it was strange that Kate wasn't mentioned with the numbers. Other than the last minute reveal, I thought the rest of the episode was kinda boring. It was interesting to see Rose, and find out that she has cancer in the sideways life too.

Did anyone catch any of the other crossed off names? Just wondering if there were any other familiar names, or if they were all completely different from the group we know.

Edit: I'll just go back and watch that part again.

And... after doing so, some interesting names there.

This was relatively weak, and despite it being Kate-centric I thought he last episode was better. The Rose and Ben cameos seemed forced, as did the dialogue between Locke and Helen ("Maybe it's...DESTINY!"), and as GAF said, that cave thing was just...whatever. I felt like when they used to find these cool Dharma stations there would be a point to it; this time it was like "Check out this weird cave with a scale with rocks on it and all these names on the wall", like the writers are being weird just to be weird.

Also, agreed with Shouter. Sawyer listening to that music just rang totally false.

Hmm, I liked the cave. It felt creepy entering his lair (SMocke/Locke Thing... whatever you want to call him) and seeing his scribblings on the wall. I really didn't believe him for a minute that this was Jacobs place, Jacob seemed quite at home in the statue temple. But of course I could be totally wrong. But it felt like we were finally starting to see the beginning of the end and why everyone on this island is/was there, whether they were brought there by plane, submarine, or even born there.

Great episode.

As usual, the 'answers' raise yet more questions.

Was Kate not a candidate ? Then why did Jacob bring her ?

This was relatively weak, and despite it being Kate-centric I thought he last episode was better. The Rose and Ben cameos seemed forced, as did the dialogue between Locke and Helen ("Maybe it's...DESTINY!"), and as GAF said, that cave thing was just...whatever. I felt like when they used to find these cool Dharma stations there would be a point to it; this time it was like "Check out this weird cave with a scale with rocks on it and all these names on the wall", like the writers are being weird just to be weird.

Also, agreed with Shouter. Sawyer listening to that music just rang totally false.

I'm sure that the Dharma people, with all the "Namaste!" talk, were REALLY into importing Stooges LPs from the mainland. They probably had a whole bunch of Sex Pistols records lying around, too. Maybe even some Teenage Jesus and The Jerks boots, courtesy of somebody in NYC.

Anyway, the only thing I can say in defense of the cave is that, for the first time in a long time, I felt like we were seeing something old school about the island. Like, I mean the way that discoveries were made in the first and (kinda) second seasons; that kind of "old school." That was nice, if, yes, sort of silly/hokey. Nice in theory and intent, I thought. For a long time, now, the show has been written with the intention of filling in gaps (ie, we know where the story is going and want to see how it gets there), if not necessarily answering BIG questions, but last night felt a bit more exploratory than the show has felt, in a while. I appreciated that, on some level.

But then Sawyer was weeping in his underwear, drunk as a pack mule, probably just having jerked off, listening to Raw Power and being all angsty.

Any names we'd recognize?

I haven't looked at the list VP posted, but I recognized almost all of them that were legible, and I have a feeling those I didn't recognize are names from characters I just didn't know well enough to remember their names. (My kids recognized names of obscure characters I didn't know.) They included names from almost every group of characters we've come to know on the show.

Hey, I like Iggy and The Stooges as much as anyone, it's just that Sawyer strikes me as a little too good ol' boy-ish to be a fan.

Obviously the song was used for a couple of reasons, "Search and Destroy" works with Smokey Mocke searching the compound for Sawyer who if we're to believe Richard, he wants to destroy.
And of course the lyric "forgotten boy" being repeated as he finds Sawyer, alone, wallowing in misery over the loss of Juliet.

So you can see the reason for the choice by the producers, as for Sawyer being a Stooges fan, unlikely in his pre-island life, but he's back at the house that had been vacant since 1977, maybe his choices for angry get drunk albums lying around were The Stooges, The Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John, so it was the only logical choice.:wink:

Maggie Grace returning to 'Lost'

:up: That should be interesting!

Just a friendly request about spoiler tags. If you're going to use them, please put a bit of vague info like "casting news" before the spoiler tags. That will help me (and others) know if it's something we want to be spoiled about or not. I knew about that tidbit above before I opened the tags, but I debated for a few minutes whether or not to open it, in case it was something earth shattering that I didn't want to know. :)

Or, I could just shut the hell up and not open any of the spoiler tags from now on... :lol: Damn you, tempting spoilers!! :lol:

So you can see the reason for the choice by the producers, as for Sawyer being a Stooges fan, unlikely in his pre-island life, but he's back at the house that had been vacant since 1977, maybe his choices for angry get drunk albums lying around were The Stooges, The Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John, so it was the only logical choice.:wink:

This is a fair explanation. Also, he was essentially stranded in the late 70's for three years, so I imagine he'd have exposed himself to some of the music they had on the compound.

You have a point there. :lol:

I was kind of disappointed not to hear You All, Everybody. :wink:

It's hilarious because nobody in the Band of Idiots Dharma Initiative was listening to the fucking Stooges! I'm just waiting for somebody to spin No New York or some Ya Ho Wa 13 records they just happened to have lying all over the place and REALLY blow our minds.

OK so I've recently started watching. I'm about halfway through season 4 and I really liked it up until this season...all the back&forth between LA and the island just kind of bogs it down for me. And making us think Jin was alive back in Korea was a dirty trick.

Overall impressions...first of all, it's really pretty. The atmosphere of it is more than what you usually get from TV shows, I like that. I also thought it was pretty cool how they flashed back to the characters before they crashed and let you get to know them that way. But it's hard to really "like" most of the characters because everybody is either lying or hiding something. Yeah the suspense of it is cool, but it would be nice to have a "straight man". Well, I guess that's Jack, at least so far...for all I know he gets all devious in season 5.

I will check in from time to time, and try not to spoiler myself until I catch up (which should be pretty soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom