Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Eggs, fish, and nuts are all right out. Yep, I'm difficult.
Eggs, fish and nuts, eh? Hmmm... We can work with that, I think. Remembering that back in China, they didn't really have any of those in the earlier days (depending on where you were), which is why you get some really strange dishes sometimes.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #452
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Ahh ok. I've only been in the country since '01, so I've missed a bit.
Whoops, forgot/didn't realise you weren't here at the time... plus you're still young.

I'm horribly afraid now that they are planning to rename Flinders St station...

And Parliament station too, to Spring St station...

Old 03-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #453
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002

They have crap songs too.

Damn Commercial Radio!...If it wasn't for Hughsey and Kate, I wouldn't listen to you!
Yeah, Plain White Ts make songs that are liable to cause you to shove a pencil so hard into your left ear that it will come out your right. I can't believe how much they suck.

I gave up on commercial radio in about ... 2001, 2002.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #454
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah, it's just ridiculous. I don't see why they renamed it. It's less informative and confuses people. As I'm sure you noticed when we were planning the meet-up, I refer to it exclusively as Spencer Street Station and I didn't even move here until it was officially Southern Cross!
I did notice that, and heartily approve
Old 03-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Whoops, forgot/didn't realise you weren't here at the time... plus you're still young.

I'm horribly afraid now that they are planning to rename Flinders St station...

And Parliament station too, to Spring St station...
I don't think they'd ever be stupid enough to rename Parliament Station. Flinders on the other hand, well...

Yes I am still young, I guess... 19 this year!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I gave up on commercial radio in about ... 2001, 2002.
I gave up on mainstream and indeed most contemporary music about three years ago, and it was the best decision I ever made.

Some of the crap that's coming out these days... "R&B" and rap :slasheswrist:
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #457
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Eggs, fish and nuts, eh? Hmmm... We can work with that, I think. Remembering that back in China, they didn't really have any of those in the earlier days (depending on where you were), which is why you get some really strange dishes sometimes.
Whenever I've looked at Chinese food menus, I've just been confused. If I have been able to figure out exactly what the food is, it's invariably been stuff I'm allergic to. I'd really love to try something though, so I hope there's some good stuff that I can have.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
For me, anything with fetta and sundried tomatoes, or smoked salmon and cream cheese, is instantly an automatic SuperWin.

Satay sauce is pretty good too, but not as exotic.
OMG smoked salmon and cream cheese...
Had THE BEST sandwich in Tasmania.

Big fan of avocado too...

Have you been to either of the Satay Bars in the city? There's one in Manchester Lane, and another in Custom House lane (practically underneath my work) ... they used to be amazing, but have slid back to merely very good... the sauce is still great though.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Whenever I've looked at Chinese food menus, I've just been confused. If I have been able to figure out exactly what the food is, it's invariably been stuff I'm allergic to. I'd really love to try something though, so I hope there's some good stuff that I can have.
You're right there. Believe me, often the names in Chinese are worse than in English - "Three Spice Congee", I mean, what the hell.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #460
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I don't think they'd ever be stupid enough to rename Parliament Station. Flinders on the other hand, well...

Yes I am still young, I guess... 19 this year!
Nah, don't worry about Flinders. Take it from me as a railfan - they're not stupid enough to rename that. Incidentally, trivia there used to be a railway station where Fed Square is now, Princes Bridge Station. The two weren't even linked originally! But they were gradually assimilated. The far end of platform ... 1, I think it is, that disappears at the Swanston Street end is the last remnant of the old station.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #461
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

OMG smoked salmon and cream cheese...
Had THE BEST sandwich in Tasmania.

Big fan of avocado too...

Have you been to either of the Satay Bars in the city? There's one in Manchester Lane, and another in Custom House lane (practically underneath my work) ... they used to be amazing, but have slid back to merely very good... the sauce is still great though.
No idea where either of those places is I'll have to look them up.

Satay sauce for me is a bit everyday, although I do love it. I'd rather have Mediterranean than Asian most days, unless it's curry. Damn I love curry.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #462
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ooh, really? I remember you said you had flexible lunchtimes, but I didn't really expect you'd be able to go past 2pm. But that would suit me perfectly, it would give me time to both get to your end of town and then make it back for my tute.

But with this being the first week, I don't have to stay at uni because I just have a lecture 12-1:30pm; the afternoon tutes aren't being held.
My team leader is very awesome. I like having late lunches anyway, and 'cos I don't start till 10am now, my old lunch time of 1.30 translates to 3pm... but if I need to buy food and don't want McDonalds or satay, I go earlier while the cafe still has a decent range of stuff left...

Just as well I'm in quarantine this week then
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #463
Vocal parasite

Also, failed to mention in my last post - Maj., I thought you were older! i.e. my age, 21.

Though you still aren't the baby of our postwhore group. Those would be PFan, LM, and COBL_04.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #464
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Nah, don't worry about Flinders. Take it from me as a railfan - they're not stupid enough to rename that. Incidentally, trivia there used to be a railway station where Fed Square is now, Princes Bridge Station. The two weren't even linked originally! But they were gradually assimilated. The far end of platform ... 1, I think it is, that disappears at the Swanston Street end is the last remnant of the old station.

Ahh ok, cause Flinders St station is HUGE. Especially the platform that's on Flinders Lane itself - it goes on forever! And, of course, as you mentioned, the bits that stretch down underneath the building.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #465
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Also, failed to mention in my last post - Maj., I thought you were older! i.e. my age, 21.

Though you still aren't the baby of our postwhore group. Those would be PFan, LM, and COBL_04.
Good, I hate being the youngest. Always happens that I'm one of the youngest with my friends, and despite the fact I'm more responsible and mature than all of them, I get paid out for being the youngest. AND I'm the bodyguard too apparently, cause I know kung fu.

/whinge /matrixquote

They're something like 16, 16 and 17 respectively, right?

Tags
superthread