Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
And as cool as it would be to see you, stay away from me tomorrow; I don't want whatever cold it is you've got! :lol:
Well, that was the other thing stopping me from seeing if you wanted to grab lunch or something this week :no:

ARGH DAMMIT... I hate it when you get that about-to-sneeze feeling but you DON'T SNEEZE... :mad: *grinds nose off face*

Alisaura said:

Oooh, gourmet toasted sandwiches! :ohmy:

I've good taste, you know. :wink:

... with shitty Coles home brand bread because I don't want to get ripped off paying any more for the other brands.

Alisaura said:

I've got a 2GB mp3 player/"mass storage device"...

Let me guess, the instruction manual's in Chinese and "engish" and the brand name's Kanon or Sorny or something like that?

Last edited:
Alisaura said:

Well, that was the other thing stopping me from seeing if you wanted to grab lunch or something this week :no:

Ooh, that reminds me of something I was going to ask you. When do you have your lunch break? I'm sure this is probably a bit too late, but on Thursdays (excluding this week), I've got a gap at uni from 1:30 to 3:15 and the Maj. has to bail on me for a 2pm class, so I've nothing to do and if I went home, I'd be here for all of 20 minutes so what's the point? I don't expect that timeframe to work for you, but I thought I'd just ask anyway.

TranceEnding said:
well, better say nighty-nite & go to sleep. Feel really tired after that hot choccie! :yawn:

See ya! Have fun!

Originally posted by Axver

I've good taste, you know.

... with shitty Coles home brand bread because I don't want to get ripped off paying any more for the other brands.

According to my friend what used to work in a bread factory, it's all the same stuff, just different labels and packaging :shrug:

And gourmet for the win. I wonder if fetta and sundried tomato toasted sandwiches would work? :drool:

good night everyone! Hope you feel heaps better soon Ali :D And sorry bono_man if I offended you over my Muse musings before (feels guilty :uhoh: :( )

TranceEnding said:
well, better say nighty-nite & go to sleep. Feel really tired after that hot choccie! :yawn:

Have a good night, Melissa! :wave:

major_panic said:
It was called Museum station? Wow.

I guess it's like us calling Spencer St Station Spencer St Station - I'm never gonna get used to "Southern Cross".
Damn, you're young. :sigh:

Yeah, it was Museum Station until... um... :scratch: Was it before I went to Uni? Late '90s, I guess... Can't remember when the new Museum happened and the Library took over the whole old Museum building.
I have some awesome memories of that old place from the Museum Mentor programme in '94.... *nostalgia*

Bloody hell, that was a while ago. :reject:

I only gave in and started calling it Melb Central station a few years ago... :lol:

I don't understand what's wrong with keeping it as Spencer street station... it's ON Spencer st... it's not as if it's moved. Are they going to start calling Flinders St station "Federation Square station"??

Ugh, this upload is killing my bandwidth and I feel like I'm getting really behind!

major_panic said:
According to my friend what used to work in a bread factory, it's all the same stuff, just different labels and packaging :shrug:

And gourmet for the win. I wonder if fetta and sundried tomato toasted sandwiches would work? :drool:

Yeah, there's probably some truth to that, though the Coles home brand bread is noticeably smaller than Wonder White, which is what I used to buy until I got sick of paying $2 more for it. My uncle is a gourmet baker in New Zealand, so I'm used to really fucking good bread, but finding a quality bakery and paying for it just isn't practical, so I suck it up and use the Coles stuff.

TranceEnding said:
good night everyone! Hope you feel heaps better soon Ali :D And sorry bono_man if I offended you over my Muse musings before (feels guilty :uhoh: :( )

I missed them, I was too busy enjoying the audio cd :wink:

Have a good night! :wave:

Alisaura said:

Damn, you're young. :sigh:

Yeah, it was Museum Station until... um... :scratch: Was it before I went to Uni? Late '90s, I guess... Can't remember when the new Museum happened and the Library took over the whole old Museum building.
I have some awesome memories of that old place from the Museum Mentor programme in '94.... *nostalgia*

Bloody hell, that was a while ago. :reject:

I only gave in and started calling it Melb Central station a few years ago... :lol:

I don't understand what's wrong with keeping it as Spencer street station... it's ON Spencer st... it's not as if it's moved. Are they going to start calling Flinders St station "Federation Square station"??

Ahh ok. I've only been in the country since '01, so I've missed a bit.

And urgh, if they call if Fed Square station I am seriously gonna go up to Parliament and string whoever's responsible (I hope it's Lynne Kosky) from a flagpole.

major_panic said:
Let me guess, the instruction manual's in Chinese and "engish" and the brand name's Kanon or Sorny or something like that?
I think the brand is supposed to be "Aquor" or something... and it came from Hong Kong via eBay :wink:

I'm not paying through the nose for an iPod when this thing does a better job for a fraction of the price.... :up:

Alisaura said:

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. I don't see why they renamed it. It's less informative and confuses people. As I'm sure you noticed when we were planning the meet-up, I refer to it exclusively as Spencer Street Station and I didn't even move here until it was officially Southern Cross!

Axver said:
Yeah, there's probably some truth to that, though the Coles home brand bread is noticeably smaller than Wonder White, which is what I used to buy until I got sick of paying $2 more for it. My uncle is a gourmet baker in New Zealand, so I'm used to really fucking good bread, but finding a quality bakery and paying for it just isn't practical, so I suck it up and use the Coles stuff.

:heart: good quality food; I'd pay extra for good food any day, although probably not every day.

So what can't you eat? I've gotta find some Chinese stuff for you. You've not truly lived (and had food poisoning and nearly died) until you've tried proper Chinese food.

Axver said:
Ooh, that reminds me of something I was going to ask you. When do you have your lunch break? I'm sure this is probably a bit too late, but on Thursdays (excluding this week), I've got a gap at uni from 1:30 to 3:15 and the Maj. has to bail on me for a 2pm class, so I've nothing to do and if I went home, I'd be here for all of 20 minutes so what's the point? I don't expect that timeframe to work for you, but I thought I'd just ask anyway.
I normally only get 30 mins for lunch, but these things can be tweaked... and I take it between 2pm and 3pm most days, so that could work.

Best thing about my team - flexible break times :drool:

Axver said:

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. I don't see why they renamed it. It's less informative and confuses people. As I'm sure you noticed when we were planning the meet-up, I refer to it exclusively as Spencer Street Station and I didn't even move here until it was officially Southern Cross!

:hi5: So did I. I can't stand the stupid name. It sucks of "ooh look we're pandering to sissies who want a wonderfully vague name".

major_panic said:

:heart: good quality food; I'd pay extra for good food any day, although probably not every day.

So what can't you eat? I've gotta find some Chinese stuff for you. You've not truly lived (and had food poisoning and nearly died) until you've tried proper Chinese food.

I always make a point of getting the good quality meat. Sure, it costs more, but I want edible dinners. I miss gourmet breads and vegies out of the garden and apples off the tree and all that good stuff from my childhood. :(

:lol: Eggs, fish, and nuts are all right out. Yep, I'm difficult.

Alisaura said:

those two ingredients = :drool:

For me, anything with fetta and sundried tomatoes, or smoked salmon and cream cheese, is instantly an automatic SuperWin.

Satay sauce is pretty good too, but not as exotic.

Axver said:
I love Baker's Delight. It's probably overpriced, but it's worth it!! :drool:

Alisaura said:

I normally only get 30 mins for lunch, but these things can be tweaked... and I take it between 2pm and 3pm most days, so that could work.

Best thing about my team - flexible break times :drool:

Ooh, really? I remember you said you had flexible lunchtimes, but I didn't really expect you'd be able to go past 2pm. But that would suit me perfectly, it would give me time to both get to your end of town and then make it back for my tute.

But with this being the first week, I don't have to stay at uni because I just have a lecture 12-1:30pm; the afternoon tutes aren't being held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom