Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm off to the grocery store to buy some stuff to make breakfast burritos. Lates.

major_panic said:

Back in a couple mins, making an image to go with this...

sword.jpg

Axver, for reference, that's what I look like.

TranceEnding said:
*goes to look in pantry to see if there's any milo*

Why do you people drink Milo when you can have...

ICED CHOCOLATE!

In another note, the way Aussies drink Milo is really weird. In Asia, Milo's mostly hot water, with a splash of milk (like tea). Here, it seems like it's mostly milk :shrug:

Alisaura said:

SHINY pointy things! :hyper:

I'm sure Ax will have no trouble now... just look for the guy not facing you and waving a sword around. :wink:

That's what I've been telling him all along!

major_panic said:

sword.jpg

Axver, for reference, that's what I look like.

:lmao:

Yeah, like that's informative ... :wink:

Actually, if I'm not grossly mistaken, that picture's near the student admin building on the Redmond Barry side. I was there today. Nearly died in a lecture in the NOT air conditioned Latham Theatre.

major_panic said:
Why do you people drink Milo when you can have...

ICED CHOCOLATE!

In another note, the way Aussies drink Milo is really weird. In Asia, Milo's mostly hot water, with a splash of milk (like tea). Here, it seems like it's mostly milk :shrug:
It's ALL milk the way I make it (cold, at least)....

And I can't have iced chocolate. No ice cream, no choc sauce that I know of... :(

Axver said:

:lmao:

Yeah, like that's informative ... :wink:

Actually, if I'm not grossly mistaken, that picture's near the student admin building on the Redmond Barry side. I was there today. Nearly died in a lecture in the NOT air conditioned Latham Theatre.

Absolutely right, that's on Union Lawn (colloquially known as Concrete Lawn). Redmond Barry eh? I have my Psychology lectures there. And yeah, today was a bit warm, wasn't it?

OK, I have to make an image. Though my Internet's dragging because I'm uploading PT for Ali and Jen and it says it still has 1.5 hours to go. :mad:

Ali, you just need to do what Daniel did. He came over to my place with an external hard drive and I put a shitload of music onto it for him!

Alisaura said:

It's ALL milk the way I make it (cold, at least)....

And I can't have iced chocolate. No ice cream, no choc sauce that I know of... :(

Awww that's a pity. Can't take cocoa?

And, as an alternative, why not try

POWERJUICE

Axver said:
Ali, you just need to do what Daniel did. He came over to my place with an external hard drive and I put a shitload of music onto it for him!

Its quick and easy, plus you might get a toasted sandwich!

major_panic said:
Absolutely right, that's on Union Lawn (colloquially known as Concrete Lawn). Redmond Barry eh? I have my Psychology lectures there. And yeah, today was a bit warm, wasn't it?

Ah, I wasn't aware of its name. Go me.

Today was horrible. The theatre was absolutely packed and after an hour, the lecturer just gave up because we were all dropping like flies from the heat and let us out half an hour early. He wants to change to a different theatre, which is exactly what happened the one previous time I've had a lecture in Redmond Barry! It was at the theatre hidden upstairs, I forget its name, and the lecturer hated it for some reason or another and got us shifted to a nice one in the ICT building.

I also do all of my exams in Redmond Barry, but up on the 11th floor or so. Great views there.

Axver said:
I've got a 2GB mp3 player/"mass storage device"... :shrug:

Probably won't be in the city tomorrow though.

OThe Age
City loop train services were again disrupted this evening due to the presence of gas at Melbourne Central Station, released in response to a false fire alarm.

Tonight's problems come on the back of similar chaos this morning when an electrical fire in a control room at Melbourne Central forced trains away from the city loop.

Authorities were forced to turn off the mains power, preventing trains from entering the loop.

Tonight a false alarm at the station caused a fire retardant gas to be rleased.

Connex spokesman John Rees said the Metropolitan Fire Brigade ordered the station be evacuated between 5pm and 5.30pm while the gas was cleared through vents.

He said trains did not stop at Melbourne Central station while the gas was being cleared.

COMMUTERS = OWNED

Funnily, that was exactly when I was trying to get to MC station! So I guess I got owned too.

Axver said:
I also do all of my exams in Redmond Barry, but up on the 11th floor or so. Great views there.

It's ridiculous trying to get through a Psychology tute when you're up on the tenth floor. I just end up looking out the window cause of the view.

bono_man2002 said:
Its quick and easy, plus you might get a toasted sandwich!
I was recently introduced to the world of late-night tinned-spaghetti jaffles. When waiting in a broken car for a tow truck, they are good. :up:

The first second or two of Invincible makes me want to listen to Beautiful Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom