Lollapalooza 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anu

Editor
Staff member
There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you
More proof. Festivals are it.

Lollapalooza will again take place in Grant Park, Chicago, from August 3-5, for the first of a five-year contract signed between Lollapalooza and the City of Chicago. The standard price of the tickets this year is $195, and tickets are not subject to additional service fees.

2007 lineup in the order announced on the official website (April 12, 2007):

Pearl Jam, Daft Punk, Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, Muse, Iggy & the Stooges, Modest Mouse, Interpol, My Morning Jacket, Satellite Party, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Death By Tire Iron, Snow Patrol, the Roots, Patti Smith, Kings of Leon, the Black Keys, Regina Spektor, Spoon, Lupe Fiasco, TV on the Radio, Pete Yorn, G. Love & Special Sauce, Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Silverchair, Femi Kuti, Yo La Tengo, Slightly Stoopid, the Hold Steady, Jack's Mannequin, Stephen Marley, Sound Tribe Sector 9, M.I.A., Blonde Redhead, Sparklehorse, Sean Lennon, !!!, Blue October, Son Volt, Death By Tire Iron Acoustic Set, Motion City Soundtrack, Polyphonic Spree, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, Peter Bjorn & John, Silversun Pickups, Cansei De Ser Sexy (CSS), the Rapture, the Wailers, Roky Erickson & the Explosives, Tapes 'n Tapes, Heartless Bastards, the View, the Cribs, the Fratellis, Ghostland Observatory, Tokyo Police Club, Rhymefest, Soulive, Cold War Kids, Death By Tire Iron DJ Set, Annuals, Fields, Electric Six, Jim Noir, Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Sam Roberts Band, the Black Angels, Charlie Musselwhite, Aqueduct, Juliette and the Licks, Dios Malos, Viva Voce, David Vandervelde, Los Campesinos!, Chin Up Chin Up, Ryan Shaw, Colour Revolt, the Satin Peaches, Illinois, Arckid, Mickey Avalon, The 1900s, Bang Bang Bang, Bound Stems, High Class Elite, Carey Ott, Matt Roan.

Decent line-up...but also the same weekend as the Virgin Festival in Baltimore.

Lollapalooza has been pretty expensive over the last few years...I may wait to choose between the two pending the Virgin line-up (that already has the Police, beastie boys and Smashing Pumpkins).

That looks like a kickass list :up:

I like about one-third to half of the bands on the list.

I'm kind of diggin' this lineup, it's got me tempted to go, I could stay at my sister's so accomodations wouldn't be a problem. The fact that I have a ticket to The Police on August 3 is a little bit of a problem but I could probably get a swap for August 1.

The Pumpkins are playing Virgin Fest?

:hmm:

I really, REALLY want to go but just can't afford it. Too much other shit going on this summer :|

As much as I can't pass up Pearl Jam since they're not doing the US much this summer, there's just not enough outside of them to justify hitting up this festival.

Excluding Coachella, the big festivals this year have taken a big slip comparing to their 2006 lineups.

discothequeLP said:
why are the UK festivals always better?

Because the music taste is better and they are fairly "mature" festivals. Virgin, Lollapalooza, bonaroo, etc. etc. etc. have only been around for less than ten years. Reading and the like have been around a lot longer!

OMG! Pearl Jam, Muse, Snow Patrol, Interpol, Daft Punk, Regina... so many acts on that list that I wanna see! And it's in Chicago only? :mad:

Why do we never get any good festivals in the north east??? :madspit:

omg.. Iggy and the Stooges really plays everywhere, last year when we saw him in Sziget, same for this year plus Benicassim in Barcelona and that weird English festival, um Glastonbury, and now he´s doing US festivals too..

Same for Amy Winehouse, Juliette and the Licks and, of course, clap your hands.

I like Juliettes and Iggys ass but never got around to see Amy´s.

zoney! said:

Because the music taste is better and they are fairly "mature" festivals. Virgin, Lollapalooza, bonaroo, etc. etc. etc. have only been around for less than ten years. Reading and the like have been around a lot longer!

You think the music taste is better? I disagree, basically its the same bands.

I´d agree if we were speaking about the Montreux Jazz Festival though.

Al Jarreau, Beastie Boys, Beenie Man, Booker T & the MCs, Candy Dulfer, Chick Corea, Dr. John, Truffaz feat Ed Harcourt, Faithless, Foreigner, George Benson, Gianna Nannini, India.Arie, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Cliff, Lambchop, Laurent Garnier, Living Colour, Motorhead, Norah Jones, Pat Metheny, Pet Shop Boys, Placebo, Rufus Wainwright, Seal, Sly and the Family Stone, Solomon Burke, the b52s, Chemical Brothers, Tori Amos,Van Morrison, Wu Tang Clan and Youssou N Dour.

Beats every festival up to now. Claude Nobs is just great, he handles it all.

who's going? I'm in for Saturday. Mainly for Muse :D my friend and I are going to take the bus there that morning and the bus back isn't until the next morning, and we don't have monies for expensive Chicago hotel, so we're gonna be chillin around the city all night :uhoh: anyone wanna take us in :wink:

I'll be there on Saturday! I'm going to see Pete Yorn and then to his meet n greet, and then I'm going to be a volunteer for a few hours. It gets me in for free, so I can't complain. :)

AtomicBono said:

wait...so someone paid you $100 and VIP tix? :huh:

I was able to snag a 3 day VIP pass off ebay for a great price, then sold the Sunday and Friday tickets to people on craigslist, ended up making 100 bones on the deal, while keeping the Saturday tickets. :drool:

smart!

...muse :drool:

so what bands are you all seeing?

tokyo police club, tapes 'n tapes, stephen marley, cold war kids, clap your hands say yeah, regina spektor, yeah yeah yeahs, spoon, and muse for me

seeing interpol tonight to make up for having to miss them :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
http://attblueroom.com/music/events/lolla_mediaplayer.php

Pearl Jam just went on...

setlist thus far... Why Go, Corduroy, Save You

Shit, I didn't even realize it was being webcast. Anyway, I just tuned into PJ playing Better Man right now, I popped in originally because I was just salivating over Chizip's Muse YouTube videos from there (seeing them tomorrow).

(makes mental note to pencil in Lolla next year...)

it's a pearl jam-a-palooza set list party :hyper:

Why Go
Corduroy
Save You
Do The Elevation
Elderly Woman
Severed Hand
Education
Even Flow
Given To Fly
World Wide Suicide
Don't Go BP Ammoco
Lukin
Not For You
Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall
State of Love and Trust
Wasted Reprise
Alive
-encore break-
Betterman
Crazy Mary

No More w/ Ben Harper
Rockin' In The Free World w/ Ben Harper and a bunch of other dudes, including it appears Dennis Rodman

not only does Rodman play the tam, but Eddie gets up on his shoulders to close the show

rodman's about 6'8, so that would make Eddie Rodman approx. 7'2"

Last edited:
I'm still in shock at how good My Morning Jacket was, and I'm ashamed that I hadn't seen them before.

Pearl Jam was as good as always, but the barely 2 hr. set was probably a bit short for them.

I'm especially bummed that they only played one song from No Code (and not one of the better ones), which is my favorite album, but considering there's nothing on the Gorge live set from it either I'm not surprised. Why are they treating their most musically accomplished work like a red-headed stepchild?

And there's not excuse for playing like 4 songs from the new album and none of them being Unemployed.

SO glad I finally got around to seeing Yo La Tengo, and they didn't disappont. Much more Sonic Youth-esque jamming than I expected, but it was welcome.

Back
Top Bottom