Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, GNW's just showed some story about a 727 that was apparently abandoned at Hanoi's international airport and the authorities don't know who it belongs to. :lol:

Oh, hey, U-Wen, Khan posted something while you weren't here about how apparently people allergic to peanuts AREN'T allergic to the peanut oil used in cooking because it doesn't contain whatever it is that sets off peanut allergies. So I may be able to have some of that Chinese food that has peanut oil but otherwise is safe. :up:

Oh, hey, U-Wen, Khan posted something while you weren't here about how apparently people allergic to peanuts AREN'T allergic to the peanut oil used in cooking because it doesn't contain whatever it is that sets off peanut allergies. So I may be able to have some of that Chinese food that has peanut oil but otherwise is safe. :up:

Excellent.

Now, what has peanut oil in it again....? :hmm:

Have fun, Ian. :wave:

Personally, I'm finally getting around to cooking dinner.

Excellent.

Now, what has peanut oil in it again....? :hmm:

Wasn't just about everything without fish, eggs, or other nuts cooked in peanut oil? :lol:

Yeah probably. Depends on how willing you are to risk your life, I guess.

I'll have to ask Khan again why peanut oil isn't meant to be a risk. Plus, well, it's just oil that is probably thoroughly cooked through and insubstantial. I can eat chocolate cakes made with egg because it's so thoroughly mixed through the cake and cooked into oblivion.

In other random news, I bought a fedora the other day:

ST204BK%20copy5.jpg

Yet to wear it out though, I imagine I'll get some real "WTF" looks. :hyper:

I'll have to ask Khan again why peanut oil isn't meant to be a risk. Plus, well, it's just oil that is probably thoroughly cooked through and insubstantial. I can eat chocolate cakes made with egg because it's so thoroughly mixed through the cake and cooked into oblivion.

"Oh, no, it's perfectly fine, won't hurt me at a-ARGH CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

So I was just reading an issue of the Punisher from 1993, and there's this story where he goes to murder a theatrical heavy metal group on stage using their own props. There are a few posters and clothing on characters that said "Metallica", "Faith No More", "Helmet" and such, but in the last panel there was one that read "Swervedriver". I thought that was kind of neat.

In other random news, I bought a fedora the other day:

ST204BK%20copy5.jpg

Yet to wear it out though, I imagine I'll get some real "WTF" looks. :hyper:

Nice. I wish good hats had a better reputation today.

I own a few fedoras and like to wear them when I'm going for a walk, or even when it's just raining. I was going to bring one to Melbourne with me! If I get any looks, my excuse is that I'm an art student.

So I was just reading an issue of the Punisher from 1993, and there's this story where he goes to murder a theatrical heavy metal group on stage using their own props. There are a few posters and such saying "Metallica", "Faith No More", "Helmet" and such, but in the last panel there was one that read "Swervedriver". I thought that was kind of neat.

Ha, though Swervedriver with Metallica and Faith No More? Is it also a "spot the odd one out" game? :wink:

Paul McDermott is so going to hell, and so am I. Apparently there's some calendar of priests, and he made a remark that "it makes sense; after all, the first religious pin-up was Jesus".

:lmao:

I thought so... maybe the artist was a fan and wanted to include them next to the standards of heavy-ish music of the time!

Yeah ... I mean, do you see the average Metallica fan digging songs like Duress? :laugh:

Oh, Bonnie, you missed a Milo Kerrigan moment earlier. Ian mentioned he had a maths teacher who had previously won a Commonwealth Games medal for weightlifting, and all I could think of were the Milo Kerrigan videos you posted last night.

So I saw the son of my cousin today, he's about five weeks old or so. Really cute, but the couple's cats have gotten really jealous of the attention the baby gets, so one of them was totally rapt when a cat lover like me came over to give them some pats.

Oh, Bonnie, you missed a Milo Kerrigan moment earlier. Ian mentioned he had a maths teacher who had previously won a Commonwealth Games medal for weightlifting, and all I could think of were the Milo Kerrigan videos you posted last night.

Hahaha, awesome.

Oh my god, imagine Kerrigan as a maths teacher...

So I saw the son of my cousin today, he's about five weeks old or so. Really cute, but the couple's cats have gotten really jealous of the attention the baby gets, so one of them was totally rapt when a cat lover like me came over to give them some pats.

Who needs babies anyway when you've got cats? Cats don't scream to be fed at 2 in the fucking morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom