Little Snoring, Norfolk Superthread - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #886
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I'm up for that!

I'm gonna crack open a pepsi max. I've just finished checking on the fog rolling in, the serenity of this one roundabout town (the silence is something, I tell ya) and the cold. It's fucking cold. It's absolutely silent. And I think it's going to hit 0 tonight.

brilliant.
:jealous:

It was far too fucking warm in Melbourne today. I dressed expecting 10, 11 tops, and got 18. The 7 minute walk from the railway station to the supermarket in the direct sun at 2:30 was not fun. I can't believe I easily broke into a sweat IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER and wasn't even in Queensland.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #887
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Wait, Tolkien? What's this Children of Hurin? Have I been under a rock?
Yes, yes you have.

The Children of Húrin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Children of Húrin is an epic high fantasy novel which forms the completion of a tale by J. R. R. Tolkien. He wrote the original version of the story in late 1910s, revised it several times later, but did not complete it before his death in 1973. His son, Christopher Tolkien, edited the manuscripts to form a consistent narrative, and published it in 2007 as an independent work.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #888
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:48 PM
hey everyone who said hi

see ax i'm not gonna be very good for pushing into a new thread cause i am distracted by other tasks i have to do on this slow ass internet. like getting the address for the hostel i booked in dubrovnik, right now, before i forget again.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #889
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Yes, yes you have.

The Children of Húrin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Children of Húrin is an epic high fantasy novel which forms the completion of a tale by J. R. R. Tolkien. He wrote the original version of the story in late 1910s, revised it several times later, but did not complete it before his death in 1973. His son, Christopher Tolkien, edited the manuscripts to form a consistent narrative, and published it in 2007 as an independent work.

Ooooh THAT. I've seen that at bookshops; I'd just forgotten the title. May have to get a copy/borrow yours once you're done because I'm cheap.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #890
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Haha, you're pre-emptive! Good stuff nice to meet you, mate. I've seen you around and always meant to/wanted to say hello but never did. So, hello!
G'day! You're an Aussie too, I've inferred?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #891
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Ooooh THAT. I've seen that at bookshops; I'd just forgotten the title. May have to get a copy/borrow yours once you're done because I'm cheap.
Sure, not a problem. Don't hold your breath about me finishing it anytime soon though.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #892
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hey, was it just me, or did anyone else watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and see it as a thinly disguised allegory about the Crusades and how wonderful militant Christianity is? In fact, the entire Narnia series is like that...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #893
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yeah, I figure 10 pages is better than nothing.

Children of Hurin is quite good, extremely confusing in the way only Tolkien can be in the beginning, but then the story starts and it makes sense.

Honestly, sometimes reading Tolkien's early chapters (like in the Silmarillion or Children of Hurin) is like reading the Biblical genealogies, except more confusing and without narrative sense.
That's about what I figured, too.

And Ax, I hope you got a photo of that rock you've been under.

18C... thought it was less bitterly freezing than usual.

*gone*
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #894
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, though I guess you can't blame the guy for trying, or for having hope. Although I'm surprised that the Superthreads haven't managed to completely destroy his faith in humanity yet...
Yeah, and a few people excepted, I think most of us don't have a real problem with him and would like to be friends with the guy. I think he just needs to take a break for a bit first and work on things, rather than coming back to the threads the very day after leaving "forever".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM   #895
Jesus Online

Quote:
G'day! You're an Aussie too, I've inferred?
Yep, I'm in NSW. Kinda in Sydney, but in reality nowhere near it. I live in some one horse town in the middle of nowehere. We moved here about 4 weeks ago. It's great!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #896
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 AM
I was wondering what was up with that book. I've seen it everywhere, and when I see the cover I half expect it to be a historical fiction set in ancient Greece, but with a somewhat fictional take on the armour by the cover artist. But no dice.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #897
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
18C... thought it was less bitterly freezing than usual.

*gone*
It was short sleeves weather if you were outdoors in Brunswick in the early afternoon, I assure you!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #898
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Hey, was it just me, or did anyone else watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and see it as a thinly disguised allegory about the Crusades and how wonderful militant Christianity is? In fact, the entire Narnia series is like that...
The same arguments arose when the first Narnia movie was released. You wouldn't expect this from me but personally I think people should just enjoy the goddamn movie. There are still a lot of people that don't get the Aslan/Christ connection, but it may be more blatant in Prince Caspian.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #899
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:48 PM
Quote:
:jealous:

It was far too fucking warm in Melbourne today. I dressed expecting 10, 11 tops, and got 18. The 7 minute walk from the railway station to the supermarket in the direct sun at 2:30 was not fun. I can't believe I easily broke into a sweat IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER and wasn't even in Queensland.
shut up ax it is 33 right now. grrr.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #900
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yep, I'm in NSW. Kinda in Sydney, but in reality nowhere near it. I live in some one horse town in the middle of nowehere. We moved here about 4 weeks ago. It's great!
Ahh, nice!

(better than living in Sydney itself )

Tags
superthread