let's talk about pizza for a second.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dear myusernamehere,
you also like Bush????? You named one of their songs in the 90s thread! I want to marry you and have babies, but because we cannot procreate, I shall have to make do with following you around like a lovesick elf on here
:wink:

salutations
A

Myusernamehere will you email me, please? Ive been wanting to contact you for a couple of days in regards to me possibly offending you. I wasnt offended by you, etc, blah. You have turned your email option off :mad:

Im belilindt (at) gmail (dot) com

Im about to go to bed so there will be a delay in my response.

Ta

I don't remember being offended by anything you said. Unless you are talking about the Tom Cruise thing, in which case I was not. I don't take much stuff around here too seriously, unless of course you are talking about pizza. In which case that is a very serious matter of discussion. See it's stickied and everything, so it must be big.

Last edited:
timothius said:
The key to a good pizza is the thickness of crust. If a pizza is too thin it becomes flakey, and a flakey crust makes for a dissapointing pizza experience.

There is a pizza joint (Maria's) that makes a super thin crust. Except it is not flakey ... it's so thin it becomes limp and greasy. I hate it, but my family loves it.

For pizza, my favorite chain pizza is Papa John's.

Favorite non-chain pizza is Pizzeria Piccola or Balistreri's

DeadMansParty said:
Gina Maria's in Placentia Cali, what a great slice, and a nice old italian family that runs the joint. Everytime I go get a slice and a glass of wine from there, he always say's " you deserve it"!

:drool:

The older lady frightens me but I love it when she goes off in Italian on her husband or son-in-law :lol:

Foodwise, I think its a pretty close tie between Gina Maria's and Dario's but for pizza, I give Gina Maria's the prize :up:

Best pizza I've ever had was from Pizzeria Regina in the North End in Boston. Not too much sauce, the right amount of cheese, and huge slices. :drool:

myusernamehere said:

I don't pay attention to stickys(stickies?)...mainly because it's stuff that doesn't pertain to me.

isnt it funny how the "important" threads are always the ones you skip over?

Pizzas NEED to be thin and flat, NEED a pure tomato sauce, NEED enough, but definitely not too much (mozarella!!!) cheese. a limited amount of topping (it's about the pizza, not the topping) and NEED to be cooked in a traditional wood-fired oven so you can taste the beautiful taste of true craftmenship, tradition and charcoal. :drool:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I can give you the address for these places if you like (I know that Giordano's has 12 locations, Casciani's has two...and I only know of one place that has Ledo's)

We have Ledo's pizza here in Maryland. I have never gone there for pizza, but friends of ours have brought it over and it was good. As for Giordano's, I had some of their pizza last time I was in Chicago, :drool: :drool: :drool:.

One of my pet peeves - people who insist on ordering a "veggie" pizza (for Pete's sake, just get a salad).

They are usually the same people who eat one slice, then scarf the pepperoni - leaving you with the stuff they wanted. :barf:

mdw3935 said:

We have Ledo's pizza here in Maryland. I have never gone there for pizza, but friends of ours have brought it over and it was good. As for Giordano's, I had some of their pizza last time I was in Chicago, :drool: :drool: :drool:.

Well...this is news to me....I didn't even know that there was a Ledo's in Maryland........I'm only used to the one here in Illinois.

Pizza.....yes...

I'm from NYC, home of the greatest pizza in the world.

When I travel, I always go out of my way to sample the local Chinese Food, and pizza. This extends to international travel, I'm that serious about this. :)

I live in LA now, and, finding good pizza is a challenge, but here are 3 places I like a lot:

Pedone's in Redondo Beach
Dagwoods in Santa Monica
Mulberry Street in Beverly Hills

Honorable mention to Abbot's in Venice.

Mikal said it best, though....even suck-ass pizza is better than just about anything else you can eat.

DeadMansParty said:
Gina Maria's in Placentia Cali, what a great slice, and a nice old italian family that runs the joint. Everytime I go get a slice and a glass of wine from there, he always say's " you deserve it"!

Where is this?? I need to know There are some really good ones in Ana Hills. Capones (with fresh garlic:drool: ) Pepperoni's and Zito's All of them are on Santa Ana Cyn.:)

myusernamehere said:
I don't remember being offended by anything you said. Unless you are talking about the Tom Cruise thing, in which case I was not. I don't take much stuff around here too seriously, unless of course you are talking about pizza. In which case that is a very serious matter of discussion. See it's stickied and everything, so it must be big.

Cool. Yeah thats what I wanted to clarify. Im pretty sure you worked it out anyway but I just wanted to be specific.

redkat said:

Where is this?? I need to know There are some really good ones in Ana Hills. Capones (with fresh garlic:drool: ) Pepperoni's and Zito's All of them are on Santa Ana Cyn.:)

1525 N. Placentia Ave (near Yorba Linda Blvd.) :)

NYC does have the best pizza in the world.

There has been the whole gourmet trend of recent years, you know, ordering a duck, yoghurt and watercress pizza or something, which is all great and tasty and inventive and fantastic, but now I'm definitely back on being a pizza traditionalist. Give me the basics and make sure it's greasy and there's loads of cheese.

Angela Harlem said:
I hate pizza.
:|

That's positively un-American! :ohmy: :mad:

...Oh.... wait a minute..... Well, that would explain it then. :wink: :D

Back
Top Bottom