Leek, Staffordshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax, just added you to my last.fm. It seems that U2 is our only common top-10 band, but that our musical compatibility is "high".

Rockin', just added you back.

I'm kind of stunned by how much U2 I've played lately ... especially by how much I've listened to NLOTH II the last few days. See my top tracks from the last 7 days! It's ridiculous.

Oh, I can definitely relate. What's your favorite Bruce song btw (not that I know his discography very well).

I watched the two Vertigo shows in Paris. By that time in the European leg the set was pretty much fixed except for the song either before or after COBL. They played All I Want Is You the first night and just went directly into COBL. Hearing the COBL intro (which I actually really like) was never so disappointing! But I can't complain too much, as they played OOTC > Electric Co that night.

On TUF, I think they might surprise us this time around and bring some songs back from that era. Maybe TUF will make it. I would certainly be :drool:

"I'm on Fire" is my favorite Bruce song.

I mean, I saw what some say was his greatest show ever though, so I can't complain without feeling shit about it lol. The same goes for U2. Like Ax said earlier, I got to see one of the (the) best show on the Vertigo Tour. And at the time, they did play my favorite song (before I was really really really into U2 and only really into U2, The First Time was my favorite song, and they played it all the way through in its entirety for the first time at the show I went to) but, The First Time never meant to me what TUF means to me now.

I really do expect surprises this tour, things seem very different in the U2 camp, and I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of rarities, but I just don't know about TUF. It's pretty much their most dated song (I said earlier that it's their most 80s sounding song) and I think that might be why they retired it.

Rockin', just added you back.

I'm kind of stunned by how much U2 I've played lately ... especially by how much I've listened to NLOTH II the last few days. See my top tracks from the last 7 days! It's ridiculous.

I actually listen to most of my music on CDs/records, which is a shame as I really like last.fm.

26 plays for NLOTH II!! Well, I've just scrobbled 12 plays from my iPod. I have definitely been listening to more U2 lately (the survivor tournament made me go back to the early albums again, which is great).

Any other superthreaders in last.fm?

I actually listen to most of my music on CDs/records, which is a shame as I really like last.fm.

26 plays for NLOTH II!! Well, I've just scrobbled 12 plays from my iPod. I have definitely been listening to more U2 lately (the survivor tournament made me go back to the early albums again, which is great).

You can use Universal Scrobbler to scrobble those plays after you're done:
Universal Scrobbler
In the top right, enter your last.fm information, then in the drop down menu next to "Where do you want to scrobble from?" select MusicBrainz, and navigate to the album you want.

and yes, I am most certainly on last.fm. A bit obsessed with it actually :lol:
Name: bono_212 < shocking!

"I'm on Fire" is my favorite Bruce song.

I mean, I saw what some say was his greatest show ever though, so I can't complain without feeling shit about it lol. The same goes for U2. Like Ax said earlier, I got to see one of the (the) best show on the Vertigo Tour. And at the time, they did play my favorite song (before I was really really really into U2 and only really into U2, The First Time was my favorite song, and they played it all the way through in its entirety for the first time at the show I went to) but, The First Time never meant to me what TUF means to me now.

I really do expect surprises this tour, things seem very different in the U2 camp, and I wouldn't be surprised by a lot of rarities, but I just don't know about TUF. It's pretty much their most dated song (I said earlier that it's their most 80s sounding song) and I think that might be why they retired it.

That sounds great! Which one was your Vertigo concert? I got to see The First Time in Sao Paulo, which was one of the big surprises of the night. Loved that.

Funny you should say that about TUF - I don't really see it as that dated. I mean, of course you can hear the 80s influences there, but the current musical landscape is so 80s - M83, Cut Copy, Deerhunter to some extent - that I think TUF would make sense. The vocal delivery wouldn't be easy, but it seems that Bono is pushing his voice a bit further on NLOTH, so there's always hope.

All I ask is that I hear Bad live one day. I could die happily after.

:goes download I'm on fire"

Universal Scrobbler
In the top right, enter your last.fm information, then in the drop down menu next to "Where do you want to scrobble from?" select MusicBrainz, and navigate to the album you want.

Thanks, that's a great tip, didn't know about this. I hope I'll be organized and input my non-computer music there. It would be great.

Just added you there, btw. Don't laugh at some of my top-10 artists (you have to understand I was in high school in 95-6).

I almost exclusively listen to my music on the computer. I've little use for physical formats any more.

I've been enjoying NLOTH II, but I didn't think I'd been enjoying it that much! I suppose I do end up repeating it a couple of times each time I play it.

A fair few Superthreaders are on last.fm - those who aren't are less common than those who are, I think.

That sounds great! Which one was your Vertigo concert? I got to see The First Time in Sao Paulo, which was one of the big surprises of the night. Loved that.

Funny you should say that about TUF - I don't really see it as that dated. I mean, of course you can hear the 80s influences there, but the current musical landscape is so 80s - M83, Cut Copy, Deerhunter to some extent - that I think TUF would make sense. The vocal delivery wouldn't be easy, but it seems that Bono is pushing his voice a bit further on NLOTH, so there's always hope.

All I ask is that I hear Bad live one day. I could die happily after.

:goes download I'm on fire"

I saw two Vertigo shows, but the one I'm referring to here is Chicago 9/20/05. It was the first time I'd ever seen them, and it was my 18th birthday. Fantastic.

You raise a good point there. And honestly, I could not care less how his voice sounds, it would just be being there in the moment that's all.

That's exactly how I feel lol.

You are about to hear the closest Bruce ever got to an 80s sound of his own then :lol:

Thanks, that's a great tip, didn't know about this. I hope I'll be organized and input my non-computer music there. It would be great.

Just added you there, btw. Don't laugh at some of my top-10 artists (you have to understand I was in high school in 95-6).

No problem. It was quite a relief for me because, like I said, I'm obsessed with the site, but I love to listen to vinyls, so I didn't know how to make it work. This site is fairly new, and possibly fairly buggy, sometimes it doesn't scrobble stuff.

Alanis aside, you've pretty much got the standard Bang and Clatter top ten. Nothing to laugh at :lol:

See, I don't view UF as sounding dated at all. And since it's on the Best Of, I have some optimism that it will return to the setlist at some point. U2 cart that keyboard around all the time for Edge - they need to put it to more use!

Guys, you should realize that I'm simultaneously ironing AND superthreading. That's what I call multitasking. I'm almost like a Mac. :lol:

See, I don't view UF as sounding dated at all. And since it's on the Best Of, I have some optimism that it will return to the setlist at some point. U2 cart that keyboard around all the time for Edge - they need to put it to more use!

Well, maybe if there are a lot of synths on NLOTH, I have to have a little bit of hope eh?

I almost exclusively listen to my music on the computer. I've little use for physical formats any more.

I've been enjoying NLOTH II, but I didn't think I'd been enjoying it that much! I suppose I do end up repeating it a couple of times each time I play it.

A fair few Superthreaders are on last.fm - those who aren't are less common than those who are, I think.

I used to listen to all my music on the computer before moving to Geneva (that was even before iPods! :lol:). But since a few years ago, I sort of feel a need of having my cds/records. I guess it's a response to living this far away from home and family - I need some real things to call my own. And my CDs and books are what I have (I don't care much about the rest).

I really enjoy NLOTH. It felt a bit strange at first, but I enjoy it a lot now. I also think the album version will be even better - Bono seems to rush a bit in this uptempo version and I think his delivery may be better in the other version (I say this based solely on the 30 sec clip, of course).

Thanks - I will add the other superthreaders I can find!

AWW FUCK.

I just scrobbled my listen of Staring at the Sea earlier...and...and....it's happened :sad:

The Cure are now my third most played band.

I'M SORRY THE KILLERSPLEASEFORGIVEME.

Universal Scrobbler

Our music compatibility is SUPER!

And you have The National among your top artists and Okkervil River in top tracks! :applaud:

Our music compatibility is SUPER!

And you have The National among your top artists and Okkervil River in top tracks! :applaud:

The National are amazing. I really liked Okkervil River at first, but I got tired of them really fast. They still have a lot of songs I like but.......But Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe is one of my favorite songs ever, that will never change.

The National are amazing. I really liked Okkervil River at first, but I got tired of them really fast. They still have a lot of songs I like but.......But Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe is one of my favorite songs ever, that will never change.

I love The National. Alligator is amazing and Boxer is one of my favorite albums of the decade (closely behind Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot". From Okkervil River, I really dig Stage Names, especially the first 5 songs.

Guys, you should realize that I'm simultaneously ironing AND superthreading. That's what I call multitasking. I'm almost like a Mac. :lol:

Haha, well done.

I used to listen to all my music on the computer before moving to Geneva (that was even before iPods! :lol:). But since a few years ago, I sort of feel a need of having my cds/records. I guess it's a response to living this far away from home and family - I need some real things to call my own. And my CDs and books are what I have (I don't care much about the rest).

I really enjoy NLOTH. It felt a bit strange at first, but I enjoy it a lot now. I also think the album version will be even better - Bono seems to rush a bit in this uptempo version and I think his delivery may be better in the other version (I say this based solely on the 30 sec clip, of course).

Thanks - I will add the other superthreaders I can find!

I just find physical formats to be a bit of a waste of time. I listen to all my music through my headphones on my computer, so any CD just gets ripped to the computer and filed away to take up space. And I've never really thought much of vinyl, despite how much its advocates rave about it being the only way to listen to music.

I love that I've already played NLOTH II much more than Boots, heh. I'm quite digging it and it's making me feel good about the upcoming album.

Anyway, it's 4:30am. I need to sleep! :wave:

Haha, well done.

I just find physical formats to be a bit of a waste of time. I listen to all my music through my headphones on my computer, so any CD just gets ripped to the computer and filed away to take up space. And I've never really thought much of vinyl, despite how much its advocates rave about it being the only way to listen to music.

I love that I've already played NLOTH II much more than Boots, heh. I'm quite digging it and it's making me feel good about the upcoming album.

Anyway, it's 4:30am. I need to sleep! :wave:

I like vinyl for the overall experience - the feeling of putting the record on and concentrating on it. My ears are not that good, but I feel a small difference (not necessarily better or worse, just different) with CDs. I use CDs a lot as well.

I like NLOTH II much better than boots. But playing them together, for some reason, makes sense. They seem to fit. The wall of sounds, for one, but also the lyrics.

Have a good one, Axver! See you around. :wave:

Done on purpose, Ashley.

Nobody cares, but:

I have abandoned physical records, etc. Not sure when that happened, but I have. I sort of miss it/miss shopping for music in a store.

I love The National.

Done on purpose, Ashley.

Nobody cares, but:

I have abandoned physical records, etc. Not sure when that happened, but I have. I sort of miss it/miss shopping for music in a store.

I love The National.

no way. I never would have suspected such a thing.

I have too for the most part, and it really pisses me off, which, might be why I started collecting the vinyls. I've kind of forced myself to go back to buying hard copies. But anyways...just wanted you to know I do care I suppose.

That is awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom