Laptop power supply question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 12-19-2003, 09:19 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Laptop power supply question

Has anyone here used their laptop in a foreign country without using a power converter? The battery in my laptop is about to run out and I don't have a UK to US converter, so I was thinking about using the power supply unit thing from my dad's US laptop, but I didn't know if the difference in current would screw up my laptop. I emailed Evesham (the manufacturer of the laptop), but I don't think they understood my question because they just told me that my psu should work okay here, which obviously it won't when I can't plug it into the wall.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:21 AM   #2
War Child
Local Time: 03:31 PM
as far as my knowledge goes, in the US a normal appliance operates at 110-120 volts (AC) electricity while most of the world operates on 220-240 volts (AC).

Laptops though I believe are multi-voltage meaning you shouldnt need a transformer to handle the voltage.

You will however need to get an adapter to plug the powere supply into the foreign socket

So if you dont have one the outlets supply I would think too much power for the device which could cause problems for the device.

Gee I guess that doesnt really answer your question does it..what was your question again..Ive gotten lost and forgot what I was talking about...