Kyzyl Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

I don't think they've got session times up on the site yet... so I dunno if the very first showing is during the day or in the evening of April 10... Although I'll probably go again that weekend with my brother at least.

I dunno if it's worth trying to organise one big group thing with all us and the U2Aus list as well... I have a feeling it's all going to unravel. :crazy:

im sure it will unravel beautifully .

as always . :madspit:

Axver said:

Barbecue sauce is weird? Here, it's a fairly standard option for some meaty pizzas to have a choice between tomato and barbecue sauce. When I make my homemade pizza, I actually use both.

well, over here it is. i can't think of any restaurants at the moment that have bbq sauce on pizzas served. unless of course the meat is marinated in the sauce before hand...that i can see.

me, personally, and perhaps because i'm a vegetarian, i appreciate the flavor that many veggies have to offer. so i prefer pizzas with the freshest veggies, while only adding garlic, oil, and crushed red peppers.

if i ever went down there and visited you all and went out for pizza, i think i'd have to get my own pie :p

unico said:

well, over here it is. i can't think of any restaurants at the moment that have bbq sauce on pizzas served. unless of course the meat is marinated in the sauce before hand...that i can see.

Yes, but you lot also don't have either tomato or barbecue sauce at Subway. Seriously, come ON. I felt like I'd stepped into the fucking Middle Ages.

Alisaura said:

:yes: :drool:

Mia!! :hug:

Except I'm thinking of bed... :(

ALI!!! :hug:
that's okay, i'm thinking my smelly ass should probably hop in the shower. i'm only hear now bc i was up early this morning. poor mr bailey woke me up with his stomach gurgling. he was a bit warm too. i went ahead and walked him (AT 6AM!!!!!!!!) for fear of any house accidents. hopefully he'll be okay.

mysterious_jen said:
i will have the day off for it if i have to , its pretty momentus , and the bastards owe me 4 days .
*considers putting leave form in* :hmm:

Well, I took two days off for the shows... one day doesn't seem too extravagant ....

unico said:

me, personally, and perhaps because i'm a vegetarian, i appreciate the flavor that many veggies have to offer. so i prefer pizzas with the freshest veggies, while only adding garlic, oil, and crushed red peppers.

yum :D

I'm not that crazy about pizza anyway, but that sounds good :drool:

The Sad Punk said:
When does it open in Melbourne? I got sick of U23D talk, I'm out of the loop. :(

Planning to come over for it rather than waiting a couple of centuries for Adelaide to get its first cinema? :wink:

We also have running water here, just so you know.

The Sad Punk said:

You can get eggs on a lot of so called "Aussie" pizzas here, with some bacon and tomato usually. Never tried it, only egg I eat is curried.

Falafel works, but no in balls or patties of course, rather small clumps of it here and there. Hummous and plenty of garlic still features, though.

curried egg? is that an egg in curry sauce? that actually sounds really good.

the clumps of falafel sound really cool! you are inspiring me here. i have 2 pizza crusts in my pantry that i've been meaning to bake. perhaps i'll try something new for one of t hem instead of my usual.

mysterious_jen said:
ok peeeps i will catch you in what i hope is the torquay super thread

:hug: im off to bed

I'm glad you mentioned that! I couldn't for the life of me remember what the next thread was meant to be! TORQUAY. "You can see the sea, it's over there between the land and the sky!"

Have a good night! :wave:

Axver said:
Yes, but you lot also don't have either tomato or barbecue sauce at Subway. Seriously, come ON. I felt like I'd stepped into the fucking Middle Ages.
KFC is bizarre over there! I went to one in Atlanta, preparing to order what I always order (nuggets and chips)... only to find that there were no such things as nuggets OR chips there. Threw me right out... :lol:

:reject:

Axver said:

hahaha. again i think you'd be likely to have meat marinated in the sauce rather than having the sauce as a condiment. but tomato sauce? is that different from ketchup?

Alisaura said:

KFC is bizarre over there! I went to one in Atlanta, preparing to order what I always order (nuggets and chips)... only to find that there were no such things as nuggets OR chips there. Threw me right out... :lol:

:reject:

I never saw a single KFC in the US! It was really weird. But I was told that they don't have chips. WTF. It's a fast food place that does burgers. How can it NOT?

unico said:
ALI!!! :hug:
that's okay, i'm thinking my smelly ass should probably hop in the shower. i'm only hear now bc i was up early this morning. poor mr bailey woke me up with his stomach gurgling. he was a bit warm too. i went ahead and walked him (AT 6AM!!!!!!!!) for fear of any house accidents. hopefully he'll be okay.
All that spanking will work up a sweat for your arse, I guess... :wink:

Mr Bailey = canine companion? Hope he's okay :hug:

TranceEnding said:

yum :D

I'm not that crazy about pizza anyway, but that sounds good :drool:

oh it is divine! did i read that you love spinach? my recipe is to brush a crust with a mixture of olive oil and oregano, bake it for like 5 minutes, then add sliced tomatoes, spinach leaves, and minced tofu, bake for another 5 minutes. if i'm feeling naughty i'll sprinkle it with goat cheese.

unico said:

hahaha. again i think you'd be likely to have meat marinated in the sauce rather than having the sauce as a condiment. but tomato sauce? is that different from ketchup?

No, tomato sauce is just its proper name. :wink:

See, my standard filled roll at Subway is as follows:

Chicken fillet (that's fil-et, not this poncy fil-ay business), Old English cheese, lettuce, olives, onions, capsicum, salt and pepper, and lots of barbecue sauce in parmesan and oregano bread. That's been my order for the best part of a decade, and it really messed with my mind in the US that I couldn't get it. I mean, I'm having cooked chicken, what am I meant to get with it? It needs proper sauce! So after the first time, when I had to stoop to mustard, I brought a bottle of barbecue sauce with me.

curried egg? is that an egg in curry sauce? that actually sounds really good.

the clumps of falafel sound really cool! you are inspiring me here. i have 2 pizza crusts in my pantry that i've been meaning to bake. perhaps i'll try something new for one of t hem instead of my usual.

This is the curried egg I've always known: http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/328/Curried_Egg_Sandwiches2266.shtml

Love it in sandwiches with lettuce. :drool:

I recommend you try a falafel pizza, or something a little out of the ordinary. For cheese, a good feta or probably better yet, haloumi. Maybe some tzatziki once it's all cooked. I'm just thinking here, the pizza I had was at a restaurant and I think mainly just had spinach, eggplant, tomato and I think bocconcini.

Axver said:
I never saw a single KFC in the US! It was really weird. But I was told that they don't have chips. WTF. It's a fast food place that does burgers. How can it NOT?
:shrug: Crazy Americans...

*learned never to call someone from Georgia a "yank"*....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom