Kumamoto, Japan Superthread - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #616
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Could be, although I think they're usually about equal, depending.

With sailors, we use "cunt" a lot more to describe things, ie. "absolute cunt of a tight pull on the sail".
No, cunt is more taboo than fuck in what I imagine is the entire English speaking world, though I'm not sure about their equivalents in other languages. I'd grasp that in Spanish it's probably the same, since I'd see fuck in Spanish dictionaries at school but not cunt. But that could mean nothing.

That's how farmers talk, too.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #617
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
"Fuck" and "cunt" both got you a Saturday morning detention at my school. I'm probably the only person who has ever gotten away with saying "fuck" to the teacher at a Christian high school. We all had our Modern History marks lowered by the Studies Board due to our assignment tasks not meeting their criteria (i.e. the teacher's fault, not ours), and in the silence that followed, I blurted out "you are fucking kidding". One girl exclaimed "André, what did you say?!", to which the teacher just said "I don't think you should ask him to repeat that" and simply moved on!

As for words like arsehole, bastard, and the like, I imagine they would have been worth an after-school detention but I don't recall anybody ever being caught saying them.

And shit? Yeah, not worth shit. I managed to talk my way out of a lunchtime detention for saying shit because the year eight and year nine co-ordinators couldn't agree on whether it was a swear word or not.
Haha, nice job.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #618
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Says it all about Melbourne doesn't it.....

Where did the convicts settle????
We didn't have convicts in Victoria! Well, I understand a few ended up around here when this was still part of NSW, but Victoria wasn't a convict settlement, unlike NSW, Tassie, QLD, and WA. Melbourne was founded as a city for free settlers.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #619
Blue Crack Addict

So when I go to Melbourne, do I have to say 'mothercunter', 'what the cunt', 'cunt off' (personal favourite) and 'cunting'?
Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #620
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:19 PM

For the life of me, whenever I see this I think someones had their boob rebuilt.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #621
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
We didn't have convicts in Victoria! Well, I understand a few ended up around here when this was still part of NSW, but Victoria wasn't a convict settlement, unlike NSW, Tassie, QLD, and WA. Melbourne was founded as a city for free settlers.
Like I said, just sums up the way things are today. SA must have just gotten the boring ones, and the NT just got the idiots and the poor old Aboriginals got stuck with them.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier

Cunt is definitely worse than fuck. I'll throw fuck around all the time, but measure the company very carefully before i decide to drop the cunt-bomb.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #623
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
So when I go to Melbourne, do I have to say 'mothercunter', 'what the cunt', 'cunt off' (personal favourite) and 'cunting'?

You'll feel bad swearing around me. Really, you will.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Although, at school, if you got the right teacher and you were clever enough you could say fuck and get away with it.

My 7th form geography classes were a fucking good time.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #625
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Like I said, just sums up the way things are today. SA must have just gotten the boring ones, and the NT just got the idiots and the poor old Aboriginals got stuck with them.
We didn't get any convicts. We got European aristos, mate.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #626
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
"Fuck" and "cunt" both got you a Saturday morning detention at my school. I'm probably the only person who has ever gotten away with saying "fuck" to the teacher at a Christian high school. We all had our Modern History marks lowered by the Studies Board due to our assignment tasks not meeting their criteria (i.e. the teacher's fault, not ours), and in the silence that followed, I blurted out "you are fucking kidding". One girl exclaimed "André, what did you say?!", to which the teacher just said "I don't think you should ask him to repeat that" and simply moved on!

As for words like arsehole, bastard, and the like, I imagine they would have been worth an after-school detention but I don't recall anybody ever being caught saying them.

And shit? Yeah, not worth shit. I managed to talk my way out of a lunchtime detention for saying shit because the year eight and year nine co-ordinators couldn't agree on whether it was a swear word or not.
In my old school, I'm fairly certain that on average, the teachers swore more than the students. I'm also fairly certain that the teachers had a higher blood-alcohol level across the board at all times.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #627
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Yeah, that struck me is kind of odd. Can't be a regional thing, can it? Like, everywhere else in the world cunt is worse than fuck, but in the places you go to in Melbourne it's the opposite?
That argument was on the Gold Coast. Which may say it all.

Though I remember when I was about nine, before I left New Zealand, my friend and I were having an argument about the worst words, and my mother broke it up by telling us that fuck was slightly worse than cunt but they were both disgusting words little boys like us shouldn't know.

Of course, nowadays I'll say any word around my mother and neither of us bats an eyelid.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You'll feel bad swearing around me. Really, you will.
I don't yet know what it's like to have a tanto stuck in my knee cap, but I have a feeling I may find out.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #629
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Cunt is definitely worse than fuck. I'll throw fuck around all the time, but measure the company very carefully before i decide to drop the cunt-bomb.
Yep, same for me, and I grew up in Souf Orklund bro
Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #630
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Those are all very funny. But what about "cunted"?

Tags
superthread