Kouchibouguac National Park, NB, Khanada Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Does your father have a repertoire of out-of-date insults from yesteryear? :wink:

I was trying to think of some like that, but nothing sprang to mind... except that apparently when he was growing up, "wog" meant "germ". When I was young, I obviously picked this usage up, and consequently got into a bit of trouble with a friend who was of Italian extraction. :reject:

I was trying to think of some like that, but nothing sprang to mind... except that apparently when he was growing up, "wog" meant "germ". When I was young, I obviously picked this usage up, and consequently got into a bit of trouble with a friend who was of Italian extraction. :reject:

"Wog" meant "germ"? :laugh:

Yeah, I can see that being a bit awkward!

My flatmate in Brisbane was of Maltese heritage and I'd sometimes call him a wog (because he'd use it about himself), but I had to be careful or he'd get pissed off if he felt I was using it too much.

On a totally different note, I love late night ads. Some Aussie dating website just claimed it has over a million members. What, a whole twentieth of Australia is on the site? Wow, this country is more desperate than I thought!

"Wog" meant "germ"? :laugh:

Yeah, I can see that being a bit awkward!

My flatmate in Brisbane was of Maltese heritage and I'd sometimes call him a wog (because he'd use it about himself), but I had to be careful or he'd get pissed off if he felt I was using it too much.

On a totally different note, I love late night ads. Some Aussie dating website just claimed it has over a million members. What, a whole twentieth of Australia is on the site? Wow, this country is more desperate than I thought!

Well, that was how Dad was using it, anyway... :shrug:

Yeah.... it's one to be careful with.

:rolleyes:

I've heard most of DSOTM in bits and pieces before, but I'm still enjoying this. :up:

Well, that was how Dad was using it, anyway... :shrug:

Yeah.... it's one to be careful with.

:rolleyes:

I've heard most of DSOTM in bits and pieces before, but I'm still enjoying this. :up:

Yeah. It was all good fun if in small quantities, but too much annoyed him. Two way street though, since he'd use 'sheep shagger' on me.

Oh god, just got one of those "text 'FLIRT'" ads. I figure I'll laugh at it as unintentional humour rather than being nauseated.

Yeah, I assumed you'd probably have heard most of DSOTM already. Though, question, did it include Great Gig In The Sky? I deleted that from iTunes since I detest it, so I'm not sure if it was in the folder I uploaded or not.

Yeah, I assumed you'd probably have heard most of DSOTM already. Though, question, did it include Great Gig In The Sky? I deleted that from iTunes since I detest it, so I'm not sure if it was in the folder I uploaded or not.

Yep, that's on here. I didn't find it detestable, but since I can't remember right now how it sounds, it obviously hasn't left a big impression on me after one listen. :lol:

Might have to give this another spin. I love how it's all seamless, one track into the next.

YES! Scores are finally level! All Blacks were lagging behind all game, it was 14-9 at half time, but Sivivatu just scored and it's 14-14.

And fuckity, Dan Carter missed the conversion, so scores remain equal.

Yep, that's on here. I didn't find it detestable, but since I can't remember right now how it sounds, it obviously hasn't left a big impression on me after one listen. :lol:

Might have to give this another spin. I love how it's all seamless, one track into the next.

Great Gig is the hideous one with the woman wailing like a demented banshee. I find it pretty unlistenable, which is a shame since it would have made a gorgeous instrumental. I personally really love Time, Us And Them, and Brain Damage/Eclipse (later reworked by U2 into Walk On). Definitely a fabulously constructed, cohesive album. :up:

Great Gig is the hideous one with the woman wailing like a demented banshee. I find it pretty unlistenable, which is a shame since it would have made a gorgeous instrumental. I personally really love Time, Us And Them, and Brain Damage/Eclipse (later reworked by U2 into Walk On). Definitely a fabulously constructed, cohesive album. :up:

I was just thinking that Eclipse = Walk On. :lol:

Listening again.

I bet Pink Floyd didn't bring 20 clocks and a cash register on stage with them to perform these songs.

Not quite, no. But some of the tape manipulation and shit on DSOTM was pretty ahead of its time in 1973.

Honestly though, I just cannot imagine Bono listening to Pink Floyd. :laugh:

He seems to listen to any number of other interesting/unlikely bands/artists, though. I mean, who was into Johnny Cash in 1993? And the less said about Kanye West, the better.

And if I'm the only person who hadn't heard this album till today, Bono must have listened to it :p

Today's episode of TMI was brought to you by the Great Barrier Reef...

I almost want someone to piss me off, so I have an excuse to say "bite my sunburned peeling arse".

</tmi>

He seems to listen to any number of other interesting/unlikely bands/artists, though. I mean, who was into Johnny Cash in 1993? And the less said about Kanye West, the better.

And if I'm the only person who hadn't heard this album till today, Bono must have listened to it :p

True, but ... Bono and prog? Especially leading up to ATYCLB?

Yeah, I don't see it.

Why the hell does just posting A NUMBER set off the fucking caps filter to ruin quotes?!

Today's episode of TMI was brought to you by the Great Barrier Reef...

I almost want someone to piss me off, so I have an excuse to say "bite my sunburned peeling arse".

</tmi>

I ... don't think I want to know how this happened.

He probably listened to it in the 80s, and the structure resurfaced conveniently when he was writing Walk On...

Or perhaps during the Zooropa sessions when he was doing shrooms with Edge ...

That's the other obvious time, yeah... :lol:

While Edge was discovering the secrets of the universe, Bono was discovering lyrics to plagiarise a few albums later.

And hee, go us:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 238
User Name Posts
Alisaura 81
Axver 75
Serena Vox 19
bono_212 19
coolian2 18
DreamOutLoud13 12
dianepm 6
liamcool 5
The Sad Punk 3

ALL BLACKS WIN!

Down 14-9 at half time, win 19-14. Wallabies held scoreless in the second half.

So ha ha, suck that, Australia! You thought you were so good when you won that first Bledisloe game, and now you've lost the series 3-1. Owned.

(Yeah, the Channel 7 commentators bring out the sore winner in me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom