Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

ahh i see. the plan that would be best for me would be like maybe 100 plan minutes and unlimited minutes with anyone on my carrier. i hardly talk to anyone who doesn't have the carrier i have.

It costs me the earth to call or send messages to anyone, so i don't really think about that.

Cosy little duopoly we have here.

coolian2 said:
I'm glad there wasn't too much gimmicky 3D stuff in the film, unlike the journey to the centre of the earth promo beforehand.

I have an inane thread for EYKIW when i get back too.
ha, you guys saw that too? hilarious. yeah, seeing the shit falling and stuff was like...cool effects, but yeah like you said, gimmicky.

KhanadaRhodes said:

awww, i know what you mean. luckily i have credit cards, so i can get new computers that way. i'm not bad about it though. i hope.

but for the stuff, you can easily transfer stuff. when i got my first mac, my tech-savvy ex (who wasn't my ex at the time) hooked them up via...i think he used a firewire cable, or maybe he used an ethernet cable. i dunno, he did it while i was at work so it'd be all set up when i got home :love:

I need to get an external hard drive or something. Probably would be simple enough.

It's all about a laptop for me. Best present ever. I'm happy with this PC for now...speed is good, and has about 100 GBs of space.

coolian2 said:
I'm glad there wasn't too much gimmicky 3D stuff in the film, unlike the journey to the centre of the earth promo beforehand.

I have an inane thread for EYKIW when i get back too.
We got the promo for the Rolling Stones' film, which wasn't 3D... (possibly just as well - not sure I want to see Mick and Christina Aguilera (sp?) grinding THAT close up.)

Varitek said:
i grew up on macs. had some terrible catastrphes with them. bought a pc laptop and was very happy. still happy with old widnows, but i hate dell hardware and customer service with a burning passion. but i didn't wanna go to vista so i have switched to mac and i couldn't be happier, even my few qualms (mouse w/o 2 buttons - they have a motion for it) are solved
yeah, i grew up on macs too, although i'm sure anyone who went to public (or maybe private, i dunno) school in the u.s. did. we always had pcs at home though since we always bought them secondhand until about ten years ago.

coolian2 said:
It costs me the earth to call or send messages to anyone, so i don't really think about that.

Cosy little duopoly we have here.
yeah. i have unlimited texts and stuff, but then again my cell bill is nearly $100 every month. a lot of that is for addons, most of which is for extra blackberry shit which hopefully will be going bye bye if i like the new phone i'm getting.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. i have unlimited texts and stuff, but then again my cell bill is nearly $100 every month. a lot of that is for addons, most of which is for extra blackberry shit which hopefully will be going bye bye if i like the new phone i'm getting.

I'd be (un)lucky to spend more than $20 a month.

I'm happy i do most of my communicating by computer.

coolian2 said:
He's an ugly man.

So is Larry, while we're on the subject.
yes. his nose is huge and so are his ears. and the grease mullet was fugly and just made me think less of him.

and his hatred of any of their interesting/experimental music is gross.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i grew up on macs too, although i'm sure anyone who went to public (or maybe private, i dunno) school in the u.s. did. we always had pcs at home though since we always bought them secondhand until about ten years ago.

lol remember oregon trail?

we had macs at home too, still do - actually the new mac desctop is really neat and sleek and silvery with a flat silver/chrome keyboard. we do have one super cheap pc that my ssister uses, adn the new mac

i think osx is just ages better than the other shit

which is the opposite for vista

elmel, for extra space, i highly recommend buying an internal (newegg.com) and a case for it. all you need is a screwdriver, and read the isntructions and ground yourself and install it, and voila, you have paid like 25%-50% for the space you've got, compared to buying an external.

coolian2 said:
I'd be (un)lucky to spend more than $20 a month.

I'm happy i do most of my communicating by computer.
Same... I'm off contract (cos my phone is OLD), so I've got a $20 plan... I probably still don't use all of that, since I mostly just use text messages. I want a cheap plan where those things are free...

KhanadaRhodes said:

yes. his nose is huge and so are his ears. and the grease mullet was fugly and just made me think less of him.

and his hatred of any of their interesting/experimental music is gross.

And, hey, Larry, don't wear tight shirts. Please. For the good of the 3D viewers.

All the Larry worshippers must have dud seats at real shows and would get a terrible shock at the film.

coolian2 said:
Oh my god, i have 17 posts and i've been online a total of about 40 minutes while i've been away.
i've posted 120 times in like 28 hours or something? and that's including me sleeping, going out, visiting my dad in the hospital, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom