Koolyanobbing, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
at vt we had an airport on campus :drool:

After Mr Burns's son does abysmally on a test to get into Yale ...

"For Larry's score, we would require an international airport."
"Yale could use an international airport!"
"I'M NOT MADE OF AIRPORTS! GET OUT!"

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, we're tucked in the mountains. Protects us from hurricanes, but that only comes in handy once every 10 months or so.

when i was in americorps we would pass through your city frequently for our retreats. we always meant to go. i remember seeing a really pretty church from the highway among other things. it seems like a cute area but also pretty remote. i don't remember seeing anything before or after it but mountains.

unico said:
ax i still have not found an inanimate object to be obsessed with! unless you count alcohol. but pics of them are boring

:lol:

How about water? To tie into the whole rocks, natural geography thing ...

Axver said:

After Mr Burns's son does abysmally on a test to get into Yale ...

"For Larry's score, we would require an international airport."
"Yale could use an international airport!"
"I'M NOT MADE OF AIRPORTS! GET OUT!"

:lol: that's gotta be cool though. i can't think of other universities at the top of my head with their own airport. it was mostly used for rich people though. and for PT. they'd always make us run there at 4:30 am and do insane shit.

unico said:

when i was in americorps we would pass through your city frequently for our retreats. we always meant to go. i remember seeing a really pretty church from the highway among other things. it seems like a cute area but also pretty remote. i don't remember seeing anything before or after it but mountains.

There is a lovely church downtown, one of those really old ones from the 19th century or so. One of George Washington's homes is down there too. Axver would be excited to know that many trains go through here on a regular basis.

LemonMelon said:

There is a lovely church downtown, one of those really old ones from the 19th century or so. One of George Washington's homes is down there too. Axver would be excited to know that many trains go through here on a regular basis.

oooh i didn't know gw had a crib there!

LemonMelon said:

:drool: Awesome. Just freight trains, or do you guys get passenger ones too? I was appalled when I was in TN to realise there is only one passenger train in the entire state. Well, now two, as Nashville has a commuter line, but that wasn't there when I visited.

/rambling-due-to-being-45ed

Zootlesque said:
I just finished listening to Fear of a Blank Planet. Damn, what a good album! :drool:

:up:

PORCUPINE TREE IN MELBOURNE TONIGHT!

:drool:

Oh, and on a side note, I listened to about 30 minutes of The Sky Moves Sideways last night. It was good stuff. :up:

Axver said:

:drool: Awesome. Just freight trains, or do you guys get passenger ones too? I was appalled when I was in TN to realise there is only one passenger train in the entire state. Well, now two, as Nashville has a commuter line, but that wasn't there when I visited.

/rambling-due-to-being-45ed

There are train tours that tourists can take, I'm sure of that. The majority are freight, however. You can occasionally hear train whistles if you leave your door open at night.

Some random pics from the area:

p28-08.jpg

wmsr-may6-2007-cumberland-sm.jpg

approaching-station.jpg

^ I really like that pic. That's what it looks like here in September, with the Potomac River just to the side.

wmd.jpg

chase02.jpg

LemonMelon said:
There are train tours that tourists can take, I'm sure of that. The majority are freight, however. You can occasionally hear train whistles if you leave your door open at night.

Ah, cool. It seems most US railways are doomed to being predominantly freight these days. Though with rising fuel costs, I imagine passenger rail will experience a revival in the coming decades.

approaching-station.jpg

^ I really like that pic. That's what it looks like here in September, with the Potomac River just to the side.

Cool pictures - and yes, that one is especially good. :drool: :drool:

unico said:
omg the potomac river is soooooo nasty where i live.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can imagine it's quite a bit worse in the heavily-populated areas, but it's not something you would want to swim in, definitely.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can imagine it's quite a bit worse in the heavily-populated areas, but it's not something you would want to swim in, definitely.

:lol: i have...quite a few times. yeah but i wouldn't recommend it. my friend took me sailing on it once. i want to learn to sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom