King Kong- Makes Grown Men Cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I just can't take Kong seriously.

I mean, if you guys see it, I'll be interested in hearing your opinion. But..... ....... I don't know, I suppose I have too many connotations and baggage for this to work.

But perhaps this rather unenlightened standpoint will pass. The previews for themovie isn't helping, though

Yeah right.
Hein33.gif

Rotten Tomatoes 20-1 fresh so far. Critics like it, actually it looks like their are a few good films headed our way this Christmas. It's about time.:wink:

elevation2u said:
people actually want to see this movie??:huh:

I like both naomi watts & adrien brody but not even them can draw me into watching this hollywood junk

Well, the original from 1933 is considered an all-time classic, and while this version will definitely be spruced up with current special effects, Jackson has remained committed to the original.

As long as it isn't like the 1976 remake. That was painful to watch.

I keep seeing the commercial with Fix You in it (it's just the track w/ no vocals). I wonder if it's in the movie. For some reason it makes me laugh hearing that :wink:

HelloAngel said:
I'll see it if it comes in IMAX, but otherwise will just wait for the rental.

C'mon baby, I'm all dressed up for you and I even wore some AXE even though it irritates my fur. Come watch me get it on with Naomi Watts.

- Kong

kingkong.jpg

How many times has King Kong been made and re-made? I mean how different can the sagas get? I will wait for the rental - there are a lot of other original screenplays I'd prefer to see than some giant hairy ape thing bopping around New York!

I'm really looking forward to this, it looks awesome :D.
Me and a mate are gonna try and scope out the premiere here in Wellington, dunno if we'll get to see much, there'll probably be tonnes of people around.

I didn't know until I read it yesterday, that Andy Serkis (Gollum) plays Kong. They filmed him and then digitally made him into Kong-how cool is that?

Carek1230 said:
How many times has King Kong been made and re-made? I mean how different can the sagas get? I will wait for the rental - there are a lot of other original screenplays I'd prefer to see than some giant hairy ape thing bopping around New York!

I don't know exactly how many times, but this one appears to be the third version (not counting the dozens of parodies, saw the Wallace & Grommit movie last Saturday and that one also has some King Kong moments in it). And I don't mind whether it's an original screenplay or not. I've seen some great movies that were remakes (Scorcese's Cape Fear, De Palma's Scarface) where I never saw the original version.

Carek1230 said:
This is the 3rd version of King Kong.
The original with Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong was released in 1933, the other remake was 1976 with Jessica Lange/Jeff Bridges, and was set in modern (well at the time, now 30 years old) times and had Kong climb the twin towers of the WTC instead of the Empire State Building. This one is set back in the time of the original from the previews.
There have been other movies spawned by King Kong such as Son of Kong and King Kong vs. Godzilla, but this is the 3rd version of "King Kong".
The 1933 original as phanan points out is a classic, and anyone interested in this new version would serve themselves well to also rent and watch the 1933 version. By the same token, avoid the 1976 version at all costs.

I think the fact that the 1976 remake was so awful,well, Jessica Lange was hot, that an updated remake was needed for this iconic film. Plus this is Peter Jackson's oldest love as a filmmaker and with the success of LOTR, he earned the right to live his dream of making King Kong.

Apparently, it is over 3 hours long, you don't see Kong for the first hour or so, the special effects are incredible and people are crying in the theatre because of the story.

Hewson said:
Methinks Kong will stomp on Harry, Hermione, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe this weekend, leaving all in shambles.

I agree. I predict more than $100 million in box office between Wednesday and Sunday.

nbcrusader said:
Too bad Kong is getting lost between Harry Potter and Narnia.

No, it's not. It will probably have a higher final gross than Narnia, if not Harry Potter.

Rotten Tomatoes update

50 Fresh
4 Rotten

That's pretty remarkable for a film over 3 hours long. Don't buy a drink for this movie.:wink:

The movie has pretty much gotten fantastic reviews across the board. It's hard to live up to the standards set by the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, but apparently Peter Jackson has done so.

There are only two issues with this movie for most people:

1. Apparently there are some scenes that are unnecessary and could have been cut from the film, making the running length a bit less.

2. While the special effects are supposedly incredible, there are a few scenes where they don't fully work and come across looking fake.

But I guess when a film is lauded everywhere, you have to find something to nitpick!

It will be a monster, probably the biggest film since Titanic.

My sister saw Titanic 3 times in the theatre, once with her boyfriend,now husband and twice with her girlfriends. I think Kong will be the most sensitive boyfriend in movie history:wink: which will draw women like crazy. While the monsters and special effects will draw the men and teens.

Well, that is what critics suggested made Titanic a huge hit. Universal appeal with something for everyone.

Pretty girl, Oscar winning actor/director, Jack Black, big giant ape, dinosaurs, giant spiders and slugs, exotic locales, love story, tragedy, it's the biggest epic since the Chronicles of Narnia.

trevster2k said:

C'mon baby, I'm all dressed up for you and I even wore some AXE even though it irritates my fur. Come watch me get it on with Naomi Watts.

- Kong

kingkong.jpg

:lmao:

Loving the dog tags.
It looks like you're wearing a little bling too. :sexywink:

trevster2k said:

That's pretty remarkable for a film over 3 hours long. Don't buy a drink for this movie.:wink:
Or be sure to get an extra cup. One cup full for intake, one empty for outflo.:ohmy:

Hey its dark in the theater.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom