Jupiter, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
k, found it. go to system prefs and select keyboard and mouse. under keyboard shortcuts it'll list everything. you can edit what's there and create your own shortcuts.

It seems everything BUT copy and paste is listed there. I can create my own, though? Might have to try that then ...

"It seems everything BUT copy and paste is listed there. I can create my own, though? Might have to try that then ..."

And the shortcuts I created worked! Excellent.

i'd suggest we go there one day while we're there (like when we go get the license :hyper:), but 1. with all the great (i presuuuuuuuuume) local stuff that seems a bit sad, and 2. i already looked, there's none in hawaii :reject:

aw, the day we get the license will kick ass.

haha, i was figuring the local stuff would be worth attacking anyway, and i was going to ask you if they had a location in hawaii :reject:

ooh, awesome! :D

Yes! Now it's much more comfortable.

What is bugging me is that I've plugged in my larger screen, but the laptop screen continues to display as well ... I assumed just one screen would work.

aw, the day we get the license will kick ass.

haha, i was figuring the local stuff would be worth attacking anyway, and i was going to ask you if they had a location in hawaii :reject:
it will be :D

oh, exactly. since we'll hopefully be there two weeks, it's not like we'll want to eat expensive resort food every day. i did see a recommendation on that food network show i saw last night, it's not in honolulu but it's on the same island and isn't too far away. i'm sure we'd need to rent a car for maybe a couple days while we're there so we can actually get to stuff. it's this neat looking place where you can get bento boxes wif like every type of asian food there is. and heehee, i'm glad i'm not the only dork.

Yes! Now it's much more comfortable.

What is bugging me is that I've plugged in my larger screen, but the laptop screen continues to display as well ... I assumed just one screen would work.
huh, that's odd. one of my old bosses did the same thing but i don't know if the picture displayed on just his monitor or what. he'd close the laptop and use the external keyboard and mouse to do everything.

huh, that's odd. one of my old bosses did the same thing but i don't know if the picture displayed on just his monitor or what. he'd close the laptop and use the external keyboard and mouse to do everything.

When I close the laptop, it goes onto standby and the monitor naturally goes blank. I might just need to play with the settings ...

it will be :D

oh, exactly. since we'll hopefully be there two weeks, it's not like we'll want to eat expensive resort food every day. i did see a recommendation on that food network show i saw last night, it's not in honolulu but it's on the same island and isn't too far away. i'm sure we'd need to rent a car for maybe a couple days while we're there so we can actually get to stuff. it's this neat looking place where you can get bento boxes wif like every type of asian food there is. and heehee, i'm glad i'm not the only dork.

yay :D

aw, brilliant. tbh there's (in theory!) no way food in hawaii can be bad. oooh, that place sounds pretty cool. who couldn't drool over hawaii? dorks work well together, obvs.

When I close the laptop, it goes onto standby and the monitor naturally goes blank. I might just need to play with the settings ...
yeah, unfortunately i've never done that (though i do have a second monitor hooked up to my imac) so i have no tips.

yay :D

aw, brilliant. tbh there's (in theory!) no way food in hawaii can be bad. oooh, that place sounds pretty cool. who couldn't drool over hawaii? dorks work well together, obvs.
hmmm...in googling it's apparently not as fantabulous as the show made it out to be. not nearly as much variety as there was on the show, etc. which is unsurprising because i remember reading a story where she'd only stop at this restaurant if they had...cappuccino i think? so they had to buy an expensive machine to make it, whatever the drink was. they went out of business before the show even aired. plus sometimes i've wondered if the coupons she magically has sometimes are even real.

Yeah, my computer is just being shit, I'll talk to you all later, hopefully after i figure out what it is :wave:

yeah, unfortunately i've never done that (though i do have a second monitor hooked up to my imac) so i have no tips.

hmmm...in googling it's apparently not as fantabulous as the show made it out to be. not nearly as much variety as there was on the show, etc. which is unsurprising because i remember reading a story where she'd only stop at this restaurant if they had...cappuccino i think? so they had to buy an expensive machine to make it, whatever the drink was. they went out of business before the show even aired. plus sometimes i've wondered if the coupons she magically has sometimes are even real.

i remember when i first got my macbook you found somewhere that you can keep it on when you close the lid by having a mouse and keyboard plugged in, or something like that.

fantabulous :cute: yeah, i'm not surprised. however, we must still go.

How do you use the two monitors? I was thinking of seeing if I could get them to display different things ...

How do you use the two monitors? I was thinking of seeing if I could get them to display different things ...
i just got this cable i used to hook up my other monitor to my imac. i use one monitor for iming and watching movies, and the other for general internet browsing. or if i'm trying to flip between two websites for whatever reason, i'll drag one window to the other monitor.

i just got this cable i used to hook up my other monitor to my imac. i use one monitor for iming and watching movies, and the other for general internet browsing. or if i'm trying to flip between two websites for whatever reason, i'll drag one window to the other monitor.

This sounds incredibly convenient and I need to figure out how to do it.

Back
Top Bottom