July 11th, I await thee - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 06:35 PM
July 11th, I await thee

New releases to choose from by:

Thom Yorke
Muse
Sufjan Stevens

Also:

Ferry Corsten
Peaches
etc.

I will most certainly be doing some purchasing!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 12:35 AM
And Some Girls (with Juliana Hatfield).

Old 06-25-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

I was going to post the same thread!

I posted this elsewhere and was mocked because someone already had the two releases (first two on your list) mentioned.

I do too...but I really do not like "burned leakage"
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Then next time don't offer me your first born child when I send it to you!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

I posted this elsewhere and was mocked because someone already had the two releases (first two on your list) mentioned.

That's ridiculously sad. I have to admit, I have no problems with the RIAA suing the living crap out of douchebags with attitudes like that. News flash for music fans, if the artists you love don't sell records they will be forced to stop making them. Meh, I just hate how supposed "music fans" truely seem to be ruining the industry.

Do you really think all the people in the Thom Yorke thread who asked for the leak are going to buy it? Not a chance (though the vast majority all acted like they were going to). If you aren't willing to pay for something, why do you think you need it? It seems the obsession is more on feeling like "wow, I have the leak before other people do!" than actually wanting to listen to the music. What a waste.

Yeah, I've done a pretty big 180 on my opinions on downloading. If you can't decide if you want an album from listening to one or two tracks or clips online and reading critics and user reviews, something is seriously wrong.

Rant over.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:35 PM
I've ordered the Thom Yorke and Muse albums through Amazon.com. They've got a pretty good deal on for those two packaged together. Still haven't listened to either of the leaks yet, so I'm excited!
Old 06-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:35 AM
GG, I admire your discipline
Old 06-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

It has been difficult, trust me.

I agree with your rant, u2popmofo. People can appear to be very well-meaning and all that when they're looking to download a leaked album, but not all of them will follow through. They could love the thing to pieces, but some of them just won't buy it because...to them, what's the point? Some of them will want the album art and the high quality audio, but I'm almost certain there'll be others who won't care at all. They already have it and have listened to it many times, so why bother with buying it?

The internet really sucks, sometimes. What's really annoying is all the people who say "oh, I'm just a poor student, I can't afford to pay for music." Yes, well, if your favourite artists don't make money, they'll stop making music. Money, it's a hit...
Old 06-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just to clarify and defend myself a bit: I was sent the Sufjan Stevens album as well as Eraser.

I sent Avalanche to Jeff because I thought he would like to hear it. He responded and thanked me and said he was super-excited about it.

So, when he brought up these two albums in another thread I responded with, "I already have those ha ha ha ha ha" because, of course, I had already sent him one of the albums.

I'm not sure why Jeff felt the need to bring me into this thread and act as though he hasn't benefited from me sending him this leak and that I personally offended him by bringing it up again but whatever.

And, for the record, I have spent approximately $8,000 on iTunes in the last 18 months and I do buy all of my music. Not that I have to explain myself to anyone here.

So, in closing....

Jeff; when I sent you the Sufjan Stevens album on May 12th, this all could have been avoided had you told me at the time that you don't like "burned leakage". Now you can go back to hijacking every radiohead thread on the board with your "Real Life Tales From A Concert".

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

It seems you've been unfairly misrepresented. When I saw that response earlier, I thought we were talking about the stupid high school kid type of person who goes around posting on message boards with the smug "I have a leaked album and you don't" attitude. Which obviously isn't the case.

Not nice at all.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yep! It was a conversation taking place in a chat thread in Out of Control. At no point in my life have I ever run around flaunting that I have leaked albums. In fact, these two albums are 2 or about 6 leaked albums I've ever had.
I listen and buy.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #12
Blue Meth Addict

U2SavesTheWorld, I also had no clue who or what zonemeister was alluding to. I too just assumed it was the type of person GibsonGirl mentioned. As for your intentions, I do admit that I can understand the occasional desire to download from someone in your circumstances (IE, someone who buys a great deal of music and occasionally just wants to hear a favorite artists album as soon as they possibly can knowing full well that they'll buy it no matter what as soon as it's available for purchase).

I personally downloaded maybe 3 albums before they were released knowing full well that I'd buy them no matter what, even if in the off chance I somehow didn't end up liking them (ATYCLB, AFI's Sing the Sorrow, and Hail to the Thief....fitting title ). In all 3 cases, I ended up buying them the day they were released but not being remotely excited about getting them. I suppose it was cool to see the artwork and hear the superior sound quality, but there was next to no excitement in getting something I'd already had for a few months. That ruined it for me and I've avoided ever doing this again. (not to mention the fact that I've become more against downloading the last few years after buying increasingly larger amounts of music).

I suppose my annoyance comes by the type of people who casually download and justify saying they will buy it when it comes out, though they then end up either not liking it enough to warrant a purchase (though still keep it downloaded) or just never get around to buying it. As for the "too poor to buy music" excuse, it's pretty offensive to me. The same person would never say, "I'm too poor to buy a new car so I'm just going to steal it", but they use the excuse with music because they CAN steal it so easily that they feel like they've done nothing wrong. What's wrong with a cd here and there they may say? What's wrong is that they end up owning hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of music that they never paid for, completely screwing over the artists, labels, and industry they supposedly love.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I completely agree with everything you said above. Those two albums (plus about 60 more) are sitting in my iTunes shopping cart and will be purchased the day they are released. Like I said, I am not in the habit of downloading leaked music unless I'm freaking out about it.
Anyway, I suppose I was more defending myself to Jeff's reference to a previous post I had made without proper explanation. I'm fairly certain that jeff has absolutely no idea about my music purchasing habits and/or my downloading habits save for this unfortunate incident.
I actually don't enjoy Eraser at this point but I am still going to buy it because, much like most Radiohead projects, they grow on me.
I've definitely never cried "poor me" regarding music. Everything else? Probably!
Anyway, I felt the need to defend myself after having been brought into this thread by jeff for no apparent reason other then it gave him yet another opportunity to be an ass.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

I actually don't enjoy Eraser at this point but I am still going to buy it because, much like most Radiohead projects, they grow on me.
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said the sheep!

Did I not say the same thing?

Quote:
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld

I
Anyway, I felt the need to defend myself after having been brought into this thread by jeff for no apparent reason other then it gave him yet another opportunity to be an ass.

Yes, I guess we BOTH take EVERY opportunity to be an ass. EVERYTIME I friggin post anywhere near you, you have to unleash yourself and treat me like some punching bag...and I am fucking tired of it! I used to enjoy posting with you...but it just seems like it is a "shit on Jefffest" everytime...and I guess that's what you enjoy.

THAT'S why i am defensive...I am put on the defensive by you.

As I said, I really rather have the real copy of the album. The whole Sufjian MK let me have the link to did not fit on one CD. I have ben to five different music stores thinking it was already released until I found the piece I posted the other day.

The response from MK:

"I have both of them HAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

I think Eraser sucks"

In my eyes, that is just as mature as a pompous H.S. downloader!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

not worth my time