Jason Giambi admits to using steroids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i just hope for baseball that others wind up not using steroids. i hate barry bonds, but i really do hope he's clean...even though i dont think he is.

anybody think he'll get a suspension for this? he should.

giambi won't get suspended... even if baseball tries to suspend him, the current collective barganing agreement does not allow it, so it will be over-turned if the union challanges it in court.

he also can not be arrested, because he was giving immunity for his testimony against every charge with the exception of perjury. and he didn't lie, so he obviously didn't commit perjury.

bonds got the same deal from the government... immunity against everything but perjury. in his testimony he admitted to taking "the clear" and "the clean," but he said that greg anderson told him they were legal supplements to help deal with bonds' arthritis and fatigue.

:shrug: wether or not you want to believe barry bonds on this issue, well... that's up to you. and if anything ever comes out that he did, indeed, know what he was taking, he can be arrested for perjury. but the government still has yet to find any evidence to disprove what bonds testified to, so he was either telling the truth or the BALCO guys reeeeeeally really good at hiding the stuff on bonds. :shrug: who knows.

I wonder if he'll also be able to find a way to void Kevin Brown's contract, maybe the sucker punch walls for $15mil per annum exit clause thats standard.

It seems on the surface that Giambi has taken the Ken Caminitti career path - enjoy a few good years and then watch the body crumble under the strain. Of course, that's hardly a path unique to steroid users, and Lord knows Cammo had a lot of cocaine and whatever else to speed the descent.

But all the same, it seems to me that whenever someone is exposed as a user, their story serves as more a cautionary tale than an advertisement for the 'roid lifestyle.

Back
Top Bottom