James - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 09-11-2001, 11:40 AM   #16
Local Time: 05:15 PM
I really like James- I bought their Millionaires album last year and could not get enough of 'I know what I'm here for' and 'Just like Fred Astaire', they are a great band, like em heaps and I can play 'Laid' on guitar

Old 09-12-2001, 11:10 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:15 PM
In trying to think of happier things before I go to bed, I thought I'd respond to this James thread.

I have been a fan since about 94 when a friend gave me the "Laid" CD. My favorite songs of theirs are "Don't Wait That Long" and "Runaground." But all their songs are wonderful. I always thought they were very U2ish in that the lyrics were strong and the music was very well-produced and tight if you know what I mean. Only later did I realize that Eno was behind James. "Don't Wait That Long" is on their album Seven, which I got in the mail the day after I saw the movie of the same name. DWTL is so meditative and reminds me of how we get stuck in relationships which have come to a standstill. To me the song is about moving forward instead of being paralyzed. I absolutely love it, as you can tell.

Anyway, James is great. I'd love to talk about them some more, and maybe when I get the $$$, I'll buy a few more of their albums. For anyone wanting to just check them out, their Best Of is a great place to start. Tim Booth's charisma and energy really comes across well on the albums (I've never seen them live, living in Oklahoma!), and I think that's what makes them great.

"The flood swells his clothes and delivers him on. Delivers him on..."

Old 09-13-2001, 04:30 AM   #18
The Fly
Local Time: 06:15 AM
I got Laid...um..err....let me try that again.

I PURCHASED Laid a few years ago because I liked their song on the Alternative NRG album. They're a great band with a unique sound.

Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.