Jamaica Inn, Cornwall, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, he's been there longer than the current drummer, but no one would begrudge the new drummer his newbieness, considering the unfortunate passing of the previous one.

Maybe keyboard guy (Mark Hart, I assume) just threatened to damage Mr Seymour (bass/art guy) if he drew things on him.

Mark Hart has been with the band since the second album's tour ... originally as a session musician, then a full member of the band from the Woodface tour. Turns out he even remembers some obscure Crowdies songs better than Neil does. See: this tour, Neil attempting to play Skin Feeling, failing, then betting Mark that he can't remember it ... he at least managed to get SOME lyrics and music out.

What I've always wanted to know is how Neil and Mark decide who gets to play which guitar solo. They still don't seem to have made a final decision on who does what for Pour Le Monde ...

The thing at the Forum seems kind of weird though, perhaps not entirely a proper gig. They've got three shows coming up between now and mid-September. I'm thinking of hitting at least the ones on Lygon St and at the Tote ... maybe the one at the Empress too.

Yeah, it said something about an after-party?

:hmm: I'll probably pass on the Empress gig at least, school night and all.

Mark Hart has been with the band since the second album's tour ... originally as a session musician, then a full member of the band from the Woodface tour. Turns out he even remembers some obscure Crowdies songs better than Neil does. See: this tour, Neil attempting to play Skin Feeling, failing, then betting Mark that he can't remember it ... he at least managed to get SOME lyrics and music out.

What I've always wanted to know is how Neil and Mark decide who gets to play which guitar solo. They still don't seem to have made a final decision on who does what for Pour Le Monde ...
Heheh.

Coin toss before the gig? Rock paper scissors?

I found bootlegs of the Bats and Chills gigs earlier this year ... complete with support acts. So my brief conversation about tram routes with the frontman of the very misleadingly named East Brunswick All Girls Choir has been recorded for posterity.

I found bootlegs of the Bats and Chills gigs earlier this year ... complete with support acts. So my brief conversation about tram routes with the frontman of the very misleadingly named East Brunswick All Girls Choir has been recorded for posterity.

:lmao: That is brilliant.

That is awesome. :up:

I still can't believe that actually happened. Truly one of those "that could only happen to you, Ax" moments.

Never let it be said that tram knowledge isn't useful in non-tram-related scenarios!

I'm for bed... :wave: Will see if I can find something to say about Eclipse tomorrow. For a novel of 600-odd pages, surprisingly little actually happened.

Alison, go here: Turin rehearsals, Sunday 01/08 - U2gigs.com

Dead-set legit rehearsal, whole band, videos of the new song and HMTMKMKM.

New song sounds like it's the one they said they wrote for Glasto. "Flowering rose of Glastonbury" is repeated multiple times in the song.

It's the only lyric I could make out. :lol:

It's quite clear around 0:25-28, and again near the end.

Me and Dani just listened to it once over our laptop speakers so you know hardly audiophile stuff

I feel weird posting under this name now that I'm 20 :lol:

I was wondering what you'd do once you'd turned 20!

Maybe you should just keep it, stick around for a good long while, and enjoy the lulz of posting as "Irishteen" when you're 35.

I was wondering what you'd do once you'd turned 20!

Maybe you should just keep it, stick around for a good long while, and enjoy the lulz of posting as "Irishteen" when you're 35.

May 2025: Irishteen Joined May 2005

would be quite funny :lol:

May 2025: Irishteen Joined May 2005

would be quite funny :lol:

And in that entire time, U2 will have only released one more album, but still claim to be recording a follow-up. Interference will be leaping at shadows.

Alison, go here: Turin rehearsals, Sunday 01/08 - U2gigs.com

Dead-set legit rehearsal, whole band, videos of the new song and HMTMKMKM.

New song sounds like it's the one they said they wrote for Glasto. "Flowering rose of Glastonbury" is repeated multiple times in the song.

Oho...

What's this strange feeling I feel? It's not fucking despair... could it be the opposite? Could it be celibate hope?? :ohmy:

And could u2.com fail any harder? :lol: I'm sure we'll find out as the tour progresses.

Are UABRS and/or WAIA classed as EPs, or the former as an album and the latter as a weird thing that's sort of a single and sort of not...? How long is an EP supposed to be, anyway?

It would feel very strange if modern U2 released an EP...

UABRS is classed as a live album, WAIA as an EP ... of course, the longer release upon which WAIA is based is The Unforgettable Fire single. The definitions are clearly blurred.

And yeah, if new songs and HMTMKMKM are in the set, well shit, that's a MASSIVE improvement on last year's dreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom