It's the official NFL Offseason, Free Agency, 2006 Draft, yadda yadda yadda thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Eagles will bounce back somewhat from last season, definitely. But they are in the toughest division, and let's face it - their running game still sucks and they don't really have any great receivers, so McNabb is going to be hard pressed to perform up to his 2004 level.

i wouldn't be so sure about that...

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

Bush said Tuesday the issue was discussed at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Rooney's brother is Dan Rooney, owner of Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chair of the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said, 'I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things,"' Bush told the newspaper.

Bush has said he will not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

Tagliabue, who has been commissioner since 1989, announced in March his decision to retire. Although he originally set a July 31 deadline to be out of the job, he has indicated his willingness to stay on longer.

I am a redskins fan. have been for as long as I can remember and since the sport began being shown in England regularly. they have fallen from grace over recent years although last season they gave me a couple of glimmers of hope!

Darrel Green and John Riggins are my two favourite redskins. Can still picture Theismanns leg break that practically finished his career.

Anyway - you lot in the know - what hope have the redskins got for this year and if I ever make it to the states who's gonna take me to a game?

Theisman's leg break did finish his career.

Redskins have a good team, certainly a playoff contender, but in a very tough division with Dallas and The Giants also improving in the offseason (Philly is on the downslide).

I'm sure if you get to the States U2kitten will take you to a Redskins/Colts game.

Hewson said:
Theisman's leg break did finish his career.

Redskins have a good team, certainly a playoff contender, but in a very tough division with Dallas and The Giants also improving in the offseason (Philly is on the downslide).

I'm sure if you get to the States U2kitten will take you to a Redskins/Colts game.

cheers, it was a sickening sight and its so clear in my memory.

fingers crossed for this season - its about time they got back to successful ways.

if i get over there you lot will be told in advance as any American Football game will do. I have only ever seen English teams play here as I followed The Birmingham Bulls many years ago and they had a good team with a couple of runs in Europe aswell.

The Pats just traded WR Bethel Johnson to the Saints for DE Jonathan Sullivan.

Interesting trade, seeing as how the Patriots are short on receivers.

The Saints traded up two first round draft picks to get Sullivan at #6 a few years back. I guess it didn't work out. :wink:

Steelers QB in motorcycle accident, taken to hospital

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash Monday morning and taken to a hospital.

"He was alert and conscious," said Ernie Roman, shift commander for the Allegheny County emergency service.

Steelers Dave Lockett, outside Mercy Hospital, confirmed the accident but did not provide additional details.

In only his second year in the NFL, the Findlay, Ohio, native who played at Miami of Ohio helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl championship last season.

Calls to Roethlisberger's agent, Leigh Steinberg, were not immediately returned.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended to make helmets optional.

In May 2005, Steelers coach Bill Cowher lectured Roethlisberger on the dangers of riding without a helmet.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Back
Top Bottom