Is it time for the InterferenceFootballLeague (IFL) yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, we currently we have 7 teams in my league, so we need at least one more. We can take in 3 more if needed.

If the people in my league can look at the settings and tell me if there is anything they want changed let me know. Currently, I have it set so we will also have 3 defensive players. A DB, a DL, and a general D. Let me know if you like that or if I should take it out.

And remember the live draft is at 9:30 ET Monday.

So one more person sign up..

i've changed it so each team will start one defensive team, and one defensive player. so it shouldnt make a big difference in anything, but adds a little variety.

Chizip said:
i've changed it so each team will start one defensive team, and one defensive player. so it shouldnt make a big difference in anything, but adds a little variety.

excellent, makes the player selection more important.
:up:

Would have made for an interesting live draft with people sitting at their computers anywhere from 10:15 ET Sept 1 thru 11:59 PT Sep 6 waiting for the thing to get rolling.
:wink: :ohmy: :wink:

Hewson said:
Would have made for an interesting live draft with people sitting at their computers anywhere from 10:15 ET Sept 1 thru 11:59 PT Sep 6 waiting for the thing to get rolling.
:wink: :ohmy: :wink:

well for live drafts you never have to set it to ready.. the draft comes and you're there... thus where the mistake was made

just another example as to why auto-drafts suck :wink:

1 more person sign up for my league

come on, you know you want to

League ID#: 531691
Password: livedraftsrule

^ ladies & gentlemen, sounds like a volunteer for next year's commissioner
:eyebrow:

let's try do make this as painless as possible...

less sniping, more cooperation :|

Lets try to have some fun, methinks the person I was addressing knows the "sniping" was in jest.
Plus the succession of :wink: s would be a dead giveaway to most.

zumanity42 said:
no offense Hewson

:shrug:

btw, Mike Martz is an idiot...

an idiot who has taken his team to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years.

i think there are a lot of "smart" coaches who wouldnt mind having Martz's record.

yes, his players have great talent
Bulger over Warner :confused:
don't get me wrong- i know how the game is played (Bledsoe vs Brady)

his coaching decisions in post season play are very questionable. may be why they don't advance.

bad choices cost them SB XXXVI

(not that i minded)

NV by location, NE by heart

it will be interesting to see how it goes this year.

The Prospectus had a statistic called Pythagorean projection. By running points scored and allowed through a formula, this numbers- crunching determines how many games a team should win or lose during a season.

Coaches who consistently win more games than they are supposed to –- according to this formula -– must be very good at winning close games.

Writes McKinley: “The Rams are the only team to outperform their projected win total in each of the last five seasons. If fact, over the course of his career Martz has the highest average number of wins over the expected wins per season of any coach in the league.”

Sure, Mad Mike has directed the Rams to a couple of highly memorable late-game collapses. But when his team has surged ahead at any point in the fourth quarter, it usually wins.

Writes McKinley: “Martz has the highest winning percentage of any coach in the last 35 years in which he had a lead sometime in the fourth quarter.”

That percentage? A cool .914.

“Mike Martz is not the worst head coach in football. Given the weight of evidence, Martz should be considered among the best coaches in the NFL, maybe one of the top five.

"Martz is not an innocent bystander when the Rams win and is not the sole cause of any loss. As offensive coordinator, he helped turn a perennial also-ran into a perennial contender, and as a head coach he has kept the team in the playoff hunt almost every single year. He is great at closing out games. If postseason records are included, he has the 12th highest winning percentage of any coach in history with at least five seasons.

"Before you decide that Martz is the coach he is reported to be, make sure you look at the head coach that he actually has been.”

But don't let the facts get in the way. Also, dropping Warner for Bulger has turned out to be the right decision by far. Most coaches don't have the balls to drop a 2 time MVP for a relatively unknown commodity.

And you say the Rams have "talent" so they should win, well he is the General Manager as well, so shouldn't he get credit for bringing the talent in?

OH and finally, here is conclusive, video evidence that the Rams were cheated out of the Superbowl

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi

case closed

Anyyyyyyyway, the draft is tonight at 9:30 ET, so be there.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Lets try to have some fun, methinks the person I was addressing knows the "sniping" was in jest.
Plus the succession of :wink: s would be a dead giveaway to most.

i don't get it :scratch:

meh... i like my runningbacks... brady's a solid qb... not great numbers but isn't gonna F up much... and cinci's D is just depressing... did get Plax and Shockey, which is nice.

i'll be back after tonight's live draft to decide which team i like better

Chizip said:

OH and finally, here is conclusive, video evidence that the Rams were cheated out of the Superbowl

http://stlouisrams.net/xxxvi

case closed
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

they say the same thing in oakland...

the ring dawg....

it don't mean a thing if you can't get the ring
:wink:

hope he can come out strong this year because it's do or bye time in St. Louis :yikes:

*ceases talking :censored:

see you tonite

Back
Top Bottom