Is it just me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol2.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
This might sound silly, especially when pertaining to an internet message board, but in some cases it can be like starting a job. You begin in one "low-ranking" position, then as you aquire more knowledge, etc. you "move up". I'm not saying this in regards to who you know, or anything of that sort, but it fits to a certain degree. Some people catch on faster than others, some may take a while longer, but I believe we as a community try our best to respect one another.

Did that make sense? Or am I babbling to myself again? lol
smile.gif

Yeah, that makes sense, and I kinda know thats the wat it is, bit in certain respects, especially when it involves objectional or even downright nasty responses, its not. There most be thousands of interferencers and probably only a 100 or so make regular visits so a lot of people don;t know what is going on, and its hard to tell sometimes where a person is coming from if you don't know them that well. I still feel though, that you have to be careful about what you say in response to a Mod. I do on a whole feel, that the Mods do a great job around here, and I'm sure that they will agreee that it is a thankless job, but sometimes it just seems that if you question their judgement on a decision, its akin to commiting murder, and you will be told to F*** off and if you don;t like it don;t comeback. Again, I'm not necessarily criticizing the mods, I've been in their shoes in a different but similar situation, and its tough because its often hard for newbies to know the entire history of a person that is a troublemaker or what not, and the hard lanquauge maybe be entirely justified. hmmmm, Sicy don't be mad at me for this.... PLEASE!!!!!!!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

When I am repeatadly dealing with the same person over and over and there is a history there, yes leave if you dont like it can come out of my mouth. Questioning our judgement is a tricky situation because this is the reason we are mods/admins is because of our judgement.

I wont throw you into the river yet.....

Originally posted by Sicy:
When I am repeatadly dealing with the same person over and over and there is a history there, yes leave if you dont like it can come out of my mouth. Questioning our judgement is a tricky situation because this is the reason we are mods/admins is because of our judgement.

I wont throw you into the river yet.....

swimming with the fishes? cement shoes? I need the witness relocation program NOW!!!!!

*Zooropa runs away and ponders a new lifestyle somewhere in North Dakota.*

------------------

Zooropa FTP

I agree with you, Zoo, that nastiness should not be tolerated. But as Sicy stated, there are some instances where a member will overstep boundaries numerous times, thus making it difficult for the mods to be able to deal with them "fairly".

PS-hey bear, I posted that cute little smiley for you. where they hell are you?
tongue.gif

The mods here tend to get involved only when they have to and when they do, its usually for good reason. There has been a lot of disrespect directed at them lately and they put up with more crap than I could if I was in their shoes.

This place has been nuts lately and I don't blame the mods for being fed up and not having the patience to deal with all these petty disagreements. We can't even discuss music or Canadian bands without name calling and insults.

I love this board and give Elvis major props for even putting up with us and keeping this board here for our enjoyment. And the mods do this on their own time, unpaid so let's just be nicer to them and to each other and Interference will be a much better place.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
The mods here tend to get involved only when they have to and when they do, its usually for good reason. There has been a lot of disrespect directed at them lately and they put up with more crap than I could if I was in their shoes.

This place has been nuts lately and I don't blame the mods for being fed up and not having the patience to deal with all these petty disagreements. We can't even discuss music or Canadian bands without name calling and insults.

I love this board and give Elvis major props for even putting up with us and keeping this board here for our enjoyment. And the mods do this on their own time, unpaid so let's just be nicer to them and to each other and Interference will be a much better place.

Well put Charlene.... I think we all forget what Sicy, Salome, Elvis, and some of the other mods have to put up on a daily basis. We also seem to forget that having this board is a priviledge not a right, Elvis has this forum so we can meet people all over the world who share the same interest, he doesn't have to do this, he chooses to have this forum, good and bad. I have been to forums where if someone says something a mod doesn't like, they are immediately booted, no if ands or buts. I think that the mods here are extremely tolerant with some of the more abrasive personalities.
Just my $.02.

Thanks you guys... your support means a lot.

smile.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

larrymullenjuniorpopjuniorangel: that is a very nice smilie, i appreciate you taking the effort to post that lovely smilie. you make this place a better place with your beautiful sunshine pouring over this dank, dangerous and ravenous atmosphere.

*takes larrymullenjuniorpopjuniorangel's hand and kisses it

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
larrymullenjuniorpopjuniorangel: that is a very nice smilie, i appreciate you taking the effort to post that lovely smilie. you make this place a better place with your beautiful sunshine pouring over this dank, dangerous and ravenous atmosphere.

*takes larrymullenjuniorpopjuniorangel's hand and kisses it

that's right...kiss it-KISS IT!

When I am repeatadly dealing with the same person over and over and there is a history there.

We have a history?

Nice to see you all thinking about me.

Not an ass,

CK

PS Nice to see the CC function in emails work.

ive found it that when everyone agrees with me, i dont get in any arguements.

------------------

Maybe I'm wrong (and I'll probaby regret saying this...) but it seems like if you are a newbie you have no slack whatsoever. If you disagree you get flamed and told to calm down if you respond yet if your a veteran, you essentially can say whatever you want and if its objectionable, its called a "sense of humor". That just seems a little unfair. aw shucks... maybe I'm just cranky from not enough sleep...

------------------

Zooropa FTP

[This message has been edited by Zooropa (edited 05-14-2002).]

Well now that would be true for everyone wouldnt it?
wink.gif

hmmm... i never thought of it that way...

------------------

Originally posted by Zooropa:
Maybe I'm wrong (and I'll probaby regret saying this...) but it seems like if you are a newbie you have no slack whatsoever. If you disagree you get flamed and told to calm down if you respond yet if your a veteran, you essentially can say whatever you want and if its objectionable, its called a "sense of humor". That just seems a little unfair. aw shucks... maybe I'm just cranky from not enough sleep...

ask any rookie on a sports team, any sports team, and theyll tell you the same thing. dont worry, we were all newbies at one point.

and hey! sometimes awards get presented to nice newbies! i remember giving one to a famous gen-tree. he got banned though. i resent giving him such a prestigous award.

but i will dish some out, and maybe you'll qualify! *claps hands

------------------

This might sound silly, especially when pertaining to an internet message board, but in some cases it can be like starting a job. You begin in one "low-ranking" position, then as you aquire more knowledge, etc. you "move up". I'm not saying this in regards to who you know, or anything of that sort, but it fits to a certain degree. Some people catch on faster than others, some may take a while longer, but I believe we as a community try our best to respect one another.

Did that make sense? Or am I babbling to myself again? lol
smile.gif

Personally, i don't think newbies should be treated any different than us older posters (and vice versa) in terms of any benefits or bashing or evil cliquing, favoritism etc...
We're all supposed to be equal among ourselves, right?

ps: As a "veteran" poster, i can assure you that the large number of posts doesn't protect people from getting flamed.
(unfortunately, increasing number of posts doesn't guarantee intelligent threads either)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by U2girl:
Personally, i don't think newbies should be treated any different than us older posters (and vice versa) in terms of any benefits or bashing or evil cliquing, favoritism etc...
We're all supposed to be equal among ourselves, right?

ps: As a "veteran" poster, i can assure you that the large number of posts doesn't protect people from getting flamed.
(unfortunately, increasing number of posts doesn't guarantee intelligent threads either)
biggrin.gif

True dat true dat. I have not seen any noticeable favoritism. I do also think it comes in waves. Maybe it is the change in season or some weird astrological alignment. There just seams to be a big pucker factor thing going on here (as in ass pucker). I was here in Oct under a different name for a little while and did not really notice it then.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

U2girl and Zooropa are correct.
No one should be treated any differently, I dont think anyone needs to earn anything. Its a message board.
Newbies have just as much right to post and to be listened to and replied to as anyone else here.
Its nice to see new blood, and I enjoy seeing newbies around here. And Im talking about actual new people, not new handles.
Don't worry Zooropa, Im proof that "interf age" means nothing.

As far as being curteous and acting like decent human beings goes, thats up to the people posting.
If you show others respect, they should respect you, and if not, they arent worth worrying about at all.

Back
Top Bottom