Iron Knob, South Australia Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2008, 04:53 AM   #901
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious_jen View Post
street brawls can be related to partys, or totally random.

thats what i love about this town, random acts of violence.

last weekend a blind pensioner was robbed from behind with a knife while he was lettin his guide dog out for a pee.

What the fuck! Seriously, Geelong.

You know, I actually feel safer now that I have my cane. If anybody fucks with me, they'll have some nice bruises to remember me by!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #902
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I don't think the account has been banned, i should have offered VaduzOderTot to her.

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #903
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
back again!! Sorry for the post and run before....I'm typing up a letter to the board of trustees at my kids school

Gotta deal to a bitch face principal.
Why is being a total cunt a pre-requisite for being a principle?

The only time my high school principle acted like a human being to anyone i knew was after my 7th form history class was in a bus crash near Drury.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 AM   #904
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME.
If it hasn't been banned, i would LOVE for someone to use that account seriously.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 AM   #905
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'd probably hub my Dunedin flights to once a day out of either Wellington or Christchurch and once to Auckland to connect to international flights.

I can't see Dunedin ever being profitable.
Yeah, that's sensible. I can't actually remember where Christchurch Airport is right now in relation to the railway, but if they're close enough, you could potentially use the European model of using trains from Dunedin to connect with planes out of Christchurch.

Right now, I'm trying to work out if it would be viable to do anything beyond the current TranzCoastal level of service between Christchurch and Blenheim/Picton. I originally didn't think so, but the distance isn't as bad as I thought and there might be some potential there. I originally had it staying as a tourist-focused train and anybody who wants to travel between Christchurch and Marlborough for non-touristy purposes can be left to fly or drive. But since it's only a little over 300km/h, if you can get a train running at an average speed of just 110-120km/h including stops, it may be a worthwhile endeavour.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #906
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Evidently only in New Zealand! My principal was my debating coach and a great guy. Whenever we had short-prep debates, he'd buy us pizza and chips and Tim Tams and stuff on the school's account. Not many other schools got that!

Though the head of senior school (effectively the vice principal) had a personality about as exciting as a drab piece of cardboard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 05:09 AM   #907
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Ugh headache
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 AM   #908
Vocal parasite

Ah, Google Maps, how you provide boatloads of nerdy amusement.

I just took directions from Invercargill to Dunedin and made the route go via Greymouth. I'd love to give this to some unsuspecting tourist and watch them follow it.

Though they'd get to see lots of cool countryside. Especially since the route has all kinds of random diversions, like up the Waitaki valley.

(For the benefit of Jen, this is the equivalent of giving somebody directions from Sydney to Brisbane via Broken Hill, and for Ashley, it's the equivalent of giving somebody directions from Los Angeles to San Francisco via Houston.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 AM   #909
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, that's sensible. I can't actually remember where Christchurch Airport is right now in relation to the railway, but if they're close enough, you could potentially use the European model of using trains from Dunedin to connect with planes out of Christchurch.

Right now, I'm trying to work out if it would be viable to do anything beyond the current TranzCoastal level of service between Christchurch and Blenheim/Picton. I originally didn't think so, but the distance isn't as bad as I thought and there might be some potential there. I originally had it staying as a tourist-focused train and anybody who wants to travel between Christchurch and Marlborough for non-touristy purposes can be left to fly or drive. But since it's only a little over 300km/h, if you can get a train running at an average speed of just 110-120km/h including stops, it may be a worthwhile endeavour.
I think they're relatively close - i remember planes didn't look too far away when i was on the train.

If i was doing it, it would be 1x (maybe 2x or more during busy period) between Dunedin - Christchurch to connect with international flights into Christchurch and 1x Dunedin to Auckland to connect with Auckland international flights.

Queenstown would probably get more flights with me from both Auckland and Christchurch and overseas.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #910
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think they're relatively close - i remember planes didn't look too far away when i was on the train.

If i was doing it, it would be 1x (maybe 2x or more during busy period) between Dunedin - Christchurch to connect with international flights into Christchurch and 1x Dunedin to Auckland to connect with Auckland international flights.

Queenstown would probably get more flights with me from both Auckland and Christchurch and overseas.
Just looked at it now, and the airport unfortunately isn't close enough to a railway line for it to simply require a new station or for a very short spur to be built off to one side. You could quite easily build an airport line, probably branching from the Main South Line around Islington and running north to the airport, but I don't think you could justify it. Not a good commuter catchment to bolster its viability or anything. The major commuter routes from central Christchurch should be to Lyttelton, Rangiora/Kaiapoi, Rolleston, and a new line to Lincoln (well, really just the Southbridge Branch partly restored).

So, yeah, I think a daily flight or two from Dunedin purely for international connections makes sense, since a European-style connecting train isn't really going to work. Though since Christchurch is no longer doing much long-haul international, would it perhaps make more sense for Dunedin - Queenstown for Australian connections and leave the rest to Dunedin - Auckland?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #911
Vocal parasite

You know, Ian, we're probably killing this thread.

The rest of you totally need to get into transport. It keeps the place running and stuff.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-20-2008, 05:21 AM   #912
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:43 PM
feck off with ya godd dam transport its boring

we need BOOBS .
Old 06-20-2008, 05:23 AM   #913
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The only time my high school principle acted like a human being to anyone i knew was after my 7th form history class was in a bus crash near Drury.

Ooh where abouts near Drury? My hubby's from there, and I grew up in Papakura

Our Principal is a prize bitch. There is a special needs kid mainstreamed into my 6yr olds class (don't get me wrong, I am NOT blaming the kid, but his lack of care...) and twice this year he has been left unsupervised and bitten and hit my daughter. The principal is more focused on how 'wonderful' it is that our children get to interact with a special needs child, than making sure he is properly supervised and the children are safe. He is not only hurting the children, but also adults. It's absolute bullshit the way my daughters confidence is falling through the floor and all the focus is being put on how 'special' he is instead of making sure he's being watched, and that she feels safe around him. I'm not going to let the bitch sweep it under the rug a second time and ruin my daughter. The grandmother who cares for the boy has been told that he NEEDS to be at a proper educational facility that can cater to his needs (at the intellectual level of an 18mnth old). It is only 7 minutes down the road. She refuses to send him there because she believes mainstreaming him will fix all his problems. And she's now using the excuse that she couldn't afford the extra petrol to get him there - EVEN THOUGH THE SCHOOL PICKS THE KIDS UP FOR FREE!!!!

So, that's my rant. I need alcohol.

And please understand, I have no grudge with the child, just the management of the whole situation....
Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #914
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
feck off with ya godd dam transport its boring

we need BOOBS .
Old 06-20-2008, 05:28 AM   #915
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote: