INXS Reality show on CBS! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #46
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Murder has to be out of the question, as Kym Wilson, the actress, was the last person to see him alive, and she left his room in the early hours and the time of death was well after that.

Dont feel too conflicted though, your example of CH is interesting. They appear to have more integrity than we all seemed to think INXS once had, but given Paul's departure from this life, if they do ever regroup I would almost guarantee it wouldn't be in a similar fashion to INXS.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Murder has to be out of the question, as Kym Wilson, the actress, was the last person to see him alive, and she left his room in the early hours and the time of death was well after that.

Dont feel too conflicted though, your example of CH is interesting. They appear to have more integrity than we all seemed to think INXS once had, but given Paul's departure from this life, if they do ever regroup I would almost guarantee it wouldn't be in a similar fashion to INXS.
I guess they're like banana's and apples. I mean Crowded House were very much a club band, played the odd state theatre gig and that. Only at the very end did we really see what a huge stadium act the could've (and really should've had). INXS were a pretty big stadium act and we're more successful at theyre peak (from what I understand at least).

I think the major point, which I missed at the start, was that it's not so much the replacement of Hutch... but the fact they're getting paid to do it. (How I overlooked it so easily, I'll never know). All bands face backlash, and rightly so, for chasing the money and not the music. There are countless examples of U2.com was a manifestation of this philosophy, when Shihad changed there name to Pacifier was another. People doing these things for all the wrong motivations.

Anyways on an aside. INXS and The Crowdies only came in contact once from what I can decipher. It was at a charity gig in Sydney in the early 90's, double billing. Apparently it was something to behold. Getting hit with the showmanship of INXS and the friendly banterish nature of the Crowdies. They even snippeted What You Need in Chocolate Cake .

Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 AM   #48
Jesus Online

Charity gig? I wonder if I was there. How bad does this sound lol. I've only been to a few, but there were a few really big ones in the early 90s but the billings I am now not recalling too well. One for the bushfires, one for Dr Chang's heart foundation...and there was a 3rd I went to which I cant recall. The other one had the Bloodhound Gang.. and Bush.

I think CH and INXS both came from similar places, and we dont or didn't expect that they'd sell out like this, so to speak. It's incredibly disappointing. This whole thing really has me bummed. I'll stop replying in here though lol.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:52 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Charity gig? I wonder if I was there. How bad does this sound lol. I've only been to a few, but there were a few really big ones in the early 90s but the billings I am now not recalling too well.

I think CH and INXS both came from similar places, and we dont or didn't expect that they'd sell out like this, so to speak. It's incredibly disappointing. This whole thing really has me bummed. I'll stop replying in here though lol.
It was at the "Concert For Life", Centennial Park 28th March 1992. . I have no idea what it was as a) I wasn't in the country at the time and b) I was 6. I have the Crowdies portion on CD, but I would like to hear the INXS part. Were you at this one?

Yup last paragraph is so true. It's wierd that somone from the vintage of The Crowdies, The Hunna's & The Oil's would trade love for money.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 AM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:43 PM
worst. reality. show. ever.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:05 PM   #51
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius

It was at the "Concert For Life", Centennial Park 28th March 1992. . I have no idea what it was as a) I wasn't in the country at the time and b) I was 6. I have the Crowdies portion on CD, but I would like to hear the INXS part. Were you at this one?

Yup last paragraph is so true. It's wierd that somone from the vintage of The Crowdies, The Hunna's & The Oil's would trade love for money.
Yup, I think I was at that one. This is terrible that I cant even remember lol. I have a shirt from that anyway, it was the Dr Chang appeal which was put on either after he was murdered, or when Lady Di passed on. He and her were good mates apparently, she was a big supporter of his institute and research.
You've got it spot on re: H&C, CH, etc. All these bands had different levels and types of success, but all came from the same place. While we 'adopted' the Crowdies from you guys against your wishes lol, those decades of Australian music were inbred in a really positive way. Some might say I'm getting too emotional over this in that it isn't right to get so irritated but they're all bands that we were and are so proud of. Even while you might be younger, people of your age group can still see this.
I promised to stop bringing this thread up now lol. I'll leave it be again. The proof shall be in the puddin' as INXS embark on perhaps THE greatest mistake they will ever make.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:43 PM
STOP IT Ms. HARLEM.

Let this damn thread die...just like INXS.

Sincerly,

Jane.