INXS appreciation thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Put down your favorite INXS songs and thoughts of the next best band in this thread!

mine are:

Never Tear Us Apart
Mystify
Kick
Suicide Blonde
and finally..last but not least...
Slide Away

I remember listening to the Kick album in my teenage years and on thru adult life, the music, the writing was just excellent. I truly miss this great band.

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

I think those are my favorites too nellie, er...I can't think of any others at the moment LOL

Yay INXS thread!
My absolute favourite song though is 'What You Need' the live version. Another song I adore which no one else seems to think much of is 'Mediate'.
I adore INXS.
frown.gif

I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I miss Hutch...I had a crush on him way back when I was 7...I still did until the day he passed.
frown.gif
I wish I could have seen INXS with him in concert.

"Shine Like It Does"
"Never Tear Us Apart"
"The Stairs"
"Elegantly Wasted"
"Suicide Blonde"
"Devil Inside"

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Yay INXS thread!
My absolute favourite song though is 'What You Need' the live version. Another song I adore which no one else seems to think much of is 'Mediate'.
I adore INXS.
frown.gif

Wow! I'd almost forgotten "Mediate"...*thinks I need to listen to stuff besides U2 again!*

I used to listen to that song all the time my senior year of high school...drove my friends crazy. *lol*
biggrin.gif
One day, that song was actually used as background music in a video we watched in class.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Yay Bonochickie! This is for you!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mediate"

Hallucinate
Dessegregate
Mediate
Alleviate
Try not to hate

Love your mate
Don't suffocate on your own hate
Designate your love as fate
A one world state
As human freight
The number eight
A white black state
A gentle trait
The broken crate
A heavy weight
Or just too late
Like pretty Kate has sex ornate
Now devastate
Appreciate
Depreciate
Fabricate
Emulate
The truth dilate
Special date
The animal we ate
Guilt debate
The edge serrate
A better rate
The youth irate
Deliberate

Fascinate
Deviate
Reinstate
Liberate
To moderate
Recreate
Or detonate
Annihiliate
Atomic fate

Mediate
Clear the state
Activate
Now radiate
A perfect state
Food on plate
Gravitate
The Earth's own weight
At ninety-eight we all rotate

Hallucinate
Dessegregate
Mediate
Alleviate
Try not to hate

Love your mate
Don't suffocate on your own hate
A one world state
As human freight
The number eight
A white black state
A gentle trait
The broken crate

A heavy weight
Or just too late
Like pretty Kate has sex ornate

Now devastate
Appreciate
Depreciate
Fabricate
Emulate
The truth dilate
Special date
The animals we ate
Guilt debate
The edge serrate
A better rate
The youth irate
Deliberate
Fascinate
Deviate
Reinstate

Liberate
Liberate
Liberate
Liberate

Original Sin

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Elegantly Wasted
Never Tear Us Apart
Need You Tonight
What You Need
Listen Like Thieves
Suicide Blonde

Back in high school a friend of mine actually asked me to go see them but for some reason I told her no. Wish I hadn't done that now.

------------------
Stay with the demons you drowned
Stay with the spirit I found
Stay and the night would be enough

I had the privelege of seeing INXS twice...once on the Kick tour, and the second time a couple of months before Michael's passing. On that night I had seats in the 2nd row of the Orpheum theater in Boston (of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock fame), I shook hands with Michael during the show, he put on a performance that night which was remarkable, disappearing from stage and showing up singing in the balcony, then roaming the orchestra high fiving fans along the aisles as he sang...seemed like a man who truly loved his "job".
I was stunned at his passing and could not believe this man who was so happy 2 months prior could be suicidal. I'm still not convinced of that fact.

[This message has been edited by Hewson (edited 03-27-2002).]

The Stairs - my favorite of all.
New Sensation - love that video.
And just if I feel nostalgic I listen to the very first LP on vinyl - and they have a song called On A Bus (boos!) It's a choppy old pop song but it's fun!

I saw INXS when they opened for Men At Work and several times after that. They are one of the greatest live rock shows ever put on earth. I threw Michael a necklace of beads at that very first show I went to - I was third row (of maybe 20 total rows - the rest was a grassy hill) and I was able to be at the stage front. Also security for INXS was nil since they were the opening band and it was 198_? He put it on and I saw him wear it in a few photos afterwards <thrill> My favorite has always been Tim Farriss the hunky guitar player. Oh my dad! - he is a beautiful man.

TimFarriss.jpg

------------------
Mone

You ain't nothin without a rhythm section to back you up.

"What Adam does with his willy is his business..." -Bono

My favorite band right now!

The Best Songs Are:

To Look At You
Don't Change
Never Tear Us Apart
Shine Like It Does
Mystify
Bitter Tears
Not Enough Time
Mediate
The Whole Elegantly Wasted Album!

so much energy, so much style, I participated in a web chat with Tim Farris a couple of years back and was pleased they let me ask a question. I asked about Bono of course. Tim was feeling cheeky and replied, "who's Bono?"
smile.gif

They are Australian legends, though they belong to the world. Their very first gig was on the night Elvis Presley died, that fact always....moves me.
I just watched the INXS video I have. Does anyone know when the "Rocking the Rockies" INXS at The Wheeler Opera House Aspen Colorado concert was filmed? My o my, their style looked familiar.Blue shades, guitarist in whilte cowboy suit...sweet
smile.gif

All great songs, can't narrow it down to a favourite. I'll try again another day. Thanks nellie.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-28-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom